Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

Gwyneth Paltrow was in Beijing, China last night for Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party.

Salma Hayek and Nicole Kidman were the first stars to get their hands on the Stella McCartney Spring 2012 collection and they failed to excite, but Gwyneth is magnificent.

No-one does a mini dress like Gwynie, excluding Cameron Diaz and Fergie of course.

The star of the Coach ad campaign donned this sexy one-sleeve Stella McCartney dress with an all-over blue circle print plus an embroidered white swirl neckline and black hemline.

If I could change one thing about this look, I would make the hemline white.

Black ankle strap sandals with a rosette accent and a Coach clutch completed her look.

Many of you will be frustrated that Gwynie is still sporting the same hairstyle you weren’t too keen on when she wore that Elie Saab gown.

The look would’ve been perfection with a high pony to go with the sporty vibe of her dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Maria Bello or Elizabeth Hurley

Who Wore Michael Kors Better? Maria Bello or Elizabeth Hurley

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann - 2011 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann – 2011 Marie Claire Prix de la Moda Awards

31 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Stella McCartney – Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

1. bec November 18, 2011 at 10:53 #

Has she ever worn a pair of black pumps? I’m not a huge fan of hers, but I love her shoe style!! :D

• Emi November 19, 2011 at 09:43 #

Yes… she has lots of amazing shoes!

2. Pati November 18, 2011 at 10:58 #

Oh dear, this is hard.. I really really really want to like it, because the look is in deed absolutely magnificent on Anja Rubik, but for some reason I do not like it on Gwyneth at all… The hair is bothering me again and the shoes (despite being gorgeous) are in too stark contrast to her pale body. The black clutch weighs the look down even further…. Sorry, not my cup of tea after all…

3. Jones19 November 18, 2011 at 11:04 #

The hemline being black is so weird…don’t know what Stella was thinking with that one. I think Gwyneth misses the mark a little with this styling, her flat hair is so boring and the shoes/clutch combo is very basic and uninspired which is a let down because Gwynnie usually knocks it out of the park in the shoe department. She wears this frock well but overall it’s a fail.

4. Jess2 November 18, 2011 at 11:27 #

This was one of pieces that I more preferred and while she can and is totally rocking the dress, I do prefer it more on the model and wish she did something different with her hair, it is always the same. All in all I don’t have a problem with this look

• mattison November 18, 2011 at 19:36 #

I know Jennifer Aniston gets derided for her never-changing locks, but I feel like Gwyneth is in the same boat. I’d love to see her rocking something voluminous and full of movement as opposed to her usual stick straight style.

5. Paddy M November 18, 2011 at 11:48 #

I much preferred Nicole Kidman in her Stella McCartney than Gwyneth in this. I agree about the hemline, and I’m not such a fan of the shoes. She doesn’t look bad, but this isn’t her best.

6. robbie November 18, 2011 at 11:52 #

*yawn* she sucked any excitement out of this dress.

7. allie November 18, 2011 at 12:14 #

Horrible

• Alina November 18, 2011 at 13:50 #

Ditto.

• Nat39 November 18, 2011 at 18:20 #

Very. The dress itself is quite awful, and this look simply doesn`t suit her esp.with those sandals. She is too mature for it. Leave it for someone younger (like Kristen Stewart).

8. Dony November 18, 2011 at 12:24 #

Fan BingBing in this party in TANYA Couture 2011

• Fashion Critic November 18, 2011 at 14:11 #

Yes I know thank you.

9. J November 18, 2011 at 13:22 #

Don’t like the dress regardless, but isn’t the model scary skinny? She seems skinnier than normal runway models.

10. dee November 18, 2011 at 13:30 #

I don’t like this dress on her at all. Can she do something else with her hair. I like her sandals though.

11. The.Shoe.Freak November 18, 2011 at 13:56 #

I dont understand why everyone wears Spring stuff when we are in Fall/Winter though. It bothers me…Stars are so eager to be always in advance and have first dibs but it is the wrong time to wear a very summer looking dress.
    What do you guys think?

12. Alice November 18, 2011 at 14:45 #

I love the black hemline. Brings the dress out of the ordinary.

13. Rebecca Z November 18, 2011 at 17:03 #

I think these dresses are just not working out. Haven’t seen one that looks good on a real human (even these real humans).

14. Melrose November 18, 2011 at 17:17 #

Dress is way too casual for a 70th anniversary party.

She wore a stunning Atelier Versace to a country music awards show, but for an event for which she’s the brand ambassador for, she wears a pedestrian outfit. Over it. Next.

15. Kathleen November 18, 2011 at 18:07 #

This dress is stunning! A strapless bra is definitely a must!

16. karen November 18, 2011 at 18:33 #

I wasn’t sure I liked this dress on runway and now that i’ve seen it on Gwenie and Nicole, I’m sure it is not for normal people. If i had to pick, it looked best on the model. I’m still not crazy about this dress. It looks worst on Gwyneth and if she can’t pull it off then who can?

17. pandora box November 19, 2011 at 06:38 #

I think it’s just the pose just make her look awkward in this dress/ I saw the one where she’s in motion and she looked stunning! WIsh she chose the runway shoes though. I think this pair is too much for already fussy dress

And I LOVE LOVE her Chanel outfit in Beijing. Have you seen it, FC? Practically same styling as Blake Lively but the outcome is totally different story.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2011 at 10:10 #

I haven’t seen it

18. Emi November 19, 2011 at 09:44 #

So cute, I agree with you, FC, about the pony tail, it would have been perfect.

19. ramsay November 19, 2011 at 09:46 #

All these Stella McCartney dresses look much better on the runway – Nicole and Gwyn seem to lack a sexy attitude to pull these dresse off and I much prefer an eleongated leg with strappy sandals than these rosette shoes

20. Elaine2 November 19, 2011 at 14:14 #

I read a comment somewhere about this dress, and the person asked where the other sleeve was??? LOL. Have to admit, I hate this design, mostly because of the lack of the sleeve. It just looks like something a crazy person would wear. I know Stella is trying to make some sort of statement with it, but honestly – this dress looks like it belongs in the reject bin……..

21. Lucia November 19, 2011 at 22:27 #

Gwyneth’s hair is always so dull and poker straight, I feel like it just accentuates it’s poor condition. I would love to see some loose curls or some sort of chic updo?