Fan Bingbing In Tanya Couture – Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

Fan Bingbing joined Gwyneth Paltrow on the red carpet in Beijing, China last night for Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party.

She once again showed that she’s not a one-trick ‘Princess’ pony by wearing a Tanya Couture Spring 2012 dress.

The dress was showcased last month during China Fashion Week, so it’s great that she’s supporting a local designer at this high profile event.

Her blue floor-length dress with a high-waist skirt has a chiffon double-layered blouse.

This blouse is decorated with sparkling beaded details and accented with a dazzling brooch on the neckline.

The actress donned one of her Rebecca wigs and perched a burgundy hat to the side.

A metallic Coach shoulder bag completed her look.

Credit: Sina & Getty

Jessica Biel In Antonio Berardi - GQ 2011 Men Of The Year Awards

Jessica Biel In Antonio Berardi – GQ 2011 Men Of The Year Awards

Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung - GQ 2011 Men Of The Year Awards

Kerry Washington In Prabal Gurung – GQ 2011 Men Of The Year Awards

35 Responses to Fan Bingbing In Tanya Couture – Coach’s 70th Anniversary Party

1. Jacqu November 18, 2011 at 14:05 #

The dress is lovely, the hat, the wig need to go. Not sure about the bag and make up either.

2. Hannah November 18, 2011 at 14:08 #

I am loving the change, but nto this lok in particular. The dres is ok, but maybe because of the styling, the dress itself is a little costumey for me (and has such an aspect of Kate Middleton). I also really dislike when she wears wigs or wierd hats and thing slike that, because that is even more costumey and ruins looks so quickly.

• Martin November 18, 2011 at 14:12 #

I agree. She looks better than the model (which, frankly, isn’t such a momentous feat) but the hat and the hair and the bag tip this over into the costume category for me. Lady Gaga, for instance, does it so often and does it so well because costume is her schtick. This just looks a little ridiculous for a red carpet look in my opinion.

• Sea November 18, 2011 at 18:07 #

she sometimes does dress like china’s lady gaga!

3. fromchi-town November 18, 2011 at 14:09 #

This look I love. I was getting a little bored of her in Elie Saab. Though I think the hat was unnecessary. The dress looks better on her than on the model.

4. Lisa Raffaele November 18, 2011 at 14:18 #

i totally LOVE this look! I think it was time to get away from the princess dresses. She looks fabulous!

5. bm November 18, 2011 at 14:25 #

Fan is so much in love with Fashion, right? (not in good way)
    I just hate wig. . .
    beside , I’m not loving a single thing on her either. .

• D November 18, 2011 at 14:56 #

its interesting :) it seems everytime with Fan opinions are divided, its always either a hate or a love

6. Linda November 18, 2011 at 14:37 #

I think she looks fantastic, statuesque, graceful, lovely, interesting…I’m in love with this look. She carries clothes so well, she looks way better than the model in this dress.

7. nimmi November 18, 2011 at 14:39 #

It does look better on her than the model and yes the hat is quite unnecessary but i love the dramatic feel it gives.

• Alina November 18, 2011 at 14:53 #

• Wenn November 18, 2011 at 15:26 #

Hate the hat and the wig. The rest is okay for me.

8. shap_half November 18, 2011 at 14:52 #

I think it’s a good look. The dress fits perfectly, and I like the quirkiness of the hat and wig combo.

9. Molly November 18, 2011 at 14:58 #

The fit of the dress is just perfect. The runway look doesn’t begin to suggest that it could ever look this graceful and flattering, and somehow it makes Fan Bingbing look tall and statuesque while making the model look dumpy.

10. LizLemooooon November 18, 2011 at 15:21 #

Okay this is perfect. I *might* get rid of the hat but it’s not a major issue. So fun, retro inspired and she looks statuesque and elegant. Ladylike but still quirky.

11. Mol November 18, 2011 at 15:30 #

Fan turns this dress into something that looks a lot better than the runway where it looks kinda dumpy and awful. Sometimes I hate her wigs but not this tiime, i actually like everything she has done to make a dull dress appear exciting!

12. Irene November 18, 2011 at 16:11 #

Hat works for me… The wig is cut …quite special .. fan uses them to creat totally different image and felling compare to the model’s .. And I m kind of like it

13. Lily November 18, 2011 at 16:35 #

I can’t get over the impeccable fit.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 18, 2011 at 17:03 #

+1.
      The hat and wig detract. Dislike the bag with this immensley

• maria November 18, 2011 at 18:09 #

i agree. I can live with the hat and the wig, but i hate the bag with a vengeance.

the dress (and the fit on her) are outstanding.

14. Vidhya November 18, 2011 at 16:50 #

i may be in the minority.. but I adore the blue dress, love the hat and like her wig. I can imagine how simple the dress would be without the hat and the wig and fan bing bing does not do simple..

• Tikalhammy November 18, 2011 at 18:32 #

I agree! I think the hat and bag add balance to the outfit. And it was smart to wear them. The wig also great on her along with the makeup.

15. TeaAtTwo November 18, 2011 at 16:54 #

I like the look including the wig and hat,

16. dee November 18, 2011 at 17:28 #

get rid of the hat and bag

17. Giuseppi Giraffe November 18, 2011 at 17:28 #

Perfect, as per usual. Love the hat, love the wig, love the whole thing.

18. Gaber November 18, 2011 at 17:33 #

The look is completely insane and I couldn’t love it more!

19. Nat39 November 18, 2011 at 17:52 #

Love the look, and actually think that the wig and the hat take it on another more sophisticated level, and she is carrying it really well. My only complaint is that the color of the hat should`ve been different, burgundy isn`t quite working with the blue dress.

20. oksana November 18, 2011 at 23:52 #

how is that couture, can someone please explain to me. almost i can make it in my home. isnt couture something like, too much hard working on a dress? when i see this kind of dress is couture i am like :O

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2011 at 10:15 #

The name is Couture rather than it being Couture, like Juicy Couture

21. Rach November 19, 2011 at 16:08 #

The dress is lovely. She needs to drop this wig business though…

22. Jess November 19, 2011 at 19:49 #

I think she looks perfect. Love the cut of the dress, the high waist is so elegant.

23. honey November 21, 2011 at 02:03 #

BDOTY – i think she is super duper uber high on that list and i think she will win! :D

24. Jackie November 21, 2011 at 19:22 #

I LOVE THIS! She’s so dynamic!