Sidewalk Style: Lady Gaga In Burberry Prorsum

Another day, another Lady Gaga sighting in London.

The singer was spotted leaving her hotel this morning en route to the Children In Need event in Manchester.

As you know I love the Burberry Prorsum Spring 2012 tribal prints, but the first thing that came to mind when I saw Gaga was Mary Poppins.

I think it’s the hat.

Gaga opted for a longer version of the navy skirt which has a twisted detail at the waist.

I would never have pictured Gaga in this collection, and whilst I don’t think it really works as the whole look appears too big for her, I’m fascinated by it at the same time.

Yet again she completes her look with those Christian Louboutin Daffodil pumps, this time in purple velvet, shades and purple driving gloves.

Credit: Style.com & Xposure

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

The Cosmopolitan Beauty Awards

Sidewalk Style: Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge In Mulberry

Sidewalk Style: Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge In Mulberry

21 Responses to Sidewalk Style: Lady Gaga In Burberry Prorsum

1. eimearoconnor November 17, 2011 at 11:57 #

Eh, no.

2. alex November 17, 2011 at 12:02 #

i really love this and i don’t know why because when i look at each piece separately i’m not a fan. Together, it works for me though!

• Alina November 17, 2011 at 12:28 #

I feel the same way.

I love it, although I know I shouldn’t.

• Mol November 17, 2011 at 15:38 #

Works for me too, something about the combination of all the elements including the hat, which feels more Spanish riding hat vs Mary poplins hat to me : )

3. Mick November 17, 2011 at 12:34 #

During her stay in London, she’s been picking some impressive pieces, but they often look stumpifying on her. It is the case of this skirt, or the trousers in the Gucci look and in the Osman blue look.
    Also, enough with the Daffodils (but I’m loving the purple velvet)!

• maria November 17, 2011 at 15:50 #

i totally agree. i was also cursing the shoes but secretly loving the purple velvet. swooon.

4. Linda November 17, 2011 at 12:34 #

I like it. She’s really toned down in a good way lately and this is an interesting outfit.

5. bee7 November 17, 2011 at 12:37 #

the length of her skirt is questionable, but there is something about this look that captivates me

• Gaber November 17, 2011 at 14:17 #

Aye, the length of the skirt was the first thing that popped into my head.

Although, now that I think of it – I might actually like the effect. It creates an illusion as if her clothes are too big for her – along with the skirt, the hat and the glasses seem to be slightly off also and the shoes are also pretty massive.

It certainly doesn’t look good, but at least i am intrigued by it.

6. mikeijames November 17, 2011 at 12:43 #

at least she wore the daffodils in a different color?

7. robbie November 17, 2011 at 12:56 #

i am loving gaga lately. finally she actually is begining to look chic and dare i say it classy. also am starting to love the daffodil pumps more now.

8. The Very Simon G November 17, 2011 at 13:18 #

Love it, in a weird way. She’s not really a Burberry ‘person’ but it works!

9. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 17, 2011 at 13:27 #

Lol FC! All shes missing is the umbrella…

10. Amy November 17, 2011 at 14:10 #

I’ve noticed most things she wears happen to be too big for her. You think she could get them made to measure.It’s not like she can’t afford it.

11. AW November 17, 2011 at 14:23 #

The only thing I like here are the gloves, I need those.

• dee November 17, 2011 at 15:29 #

Same here. That’s all I like too everything else is awful.

12. Carolina November 17, 2011 at 14:47 #

I love a ’40s vibe, so this works very well in my eyes. Except for the shoes – I really really hate this trend, which makes women look as if they have two clubfeet. Otherwise – good proportions, good color balance, she’s working this look (as usual). I’m not a fan of skintight clothes so feel that body-skimming is more stylish.

13. Natalie November 17, 2011 at 15:57 #

I absolutely LOVED this look on the runway and quite frankly, Lady Gaga makes it seem horrible. I just don’t like it.
    And can someone please tell her to get better shoes!?

14. ash November 17, 2011 at 22:28 #

i honestly started squealing when I saw this.. Even the fitting seemed fine to me.. It wouldn`t be Gaga if everything was perfectly done the right way.. but the fit is something soo Gaga.. it almost look like a futursitic take on retro shapes and cuts.. LOVE IT, GAGA STRIKES AGAIN.

15. ash November 17, 2011 at 22:34 #

AND give gaga a break, this has been the greatest she`s looked.. sooo beautiful.

16. Jackie November 18, 2011 at 00:28 #

How about that… I do like it.