Sonam Kapoor In Gucci – Hello Awards

Sonam Kapoor was the star attraction on the red carpet at the Hello Awards in Mumbai last Wednesday.

The Indian actress looked sensational wearing a Gucci Fall 2011 dress.

Her mimosa silk-chiffon gown with a necktie and culottes was teamed with a floral and feather accented shrug.

Sonam also carried the Indian exclusive bronze Gucci Anaconda clutch which is encrusted with Swarovski elements.

A beautiful updo, stunning earrings and a gold ring completed her look.

I know many of you were slightly fatigued by these gowns after seeing them on Jennifer Lopez and Florence Welch this summer, but I think Sonam breathes new life into this look.

Credit: Style.com & Manav Manglani

Jenna Coleman In Christian Dior - 'Doctor Who' Premiere Fan Screening

Jenna Coleman In Christian Dior – ‘Doctor Who’ Premiere Fan Screening

Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno - NYLON November Issue Party

Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno – NYLON November Issue Party

23 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Gucci – Hello Awards

1. dee November 16, 2011 at 17:27 #

She looks beautiful.

2. Nat39 November 16, 2011 at 17:29 #

While the necktie and the floral shrug work perfectly on the model who has a long neck, they completely “swallow” up Sonam`s neck, choking her.
    Not liking the updo, would`ve liked the model`s belt with the gown.

• Molly November 16, 2011 at 18:17 #

I agree. I adore this collection and have repeatedly said it never gets stale, but there’s some “oomph” missing here. it think it’s mostly attitude, honestly, although I think if the hair were pulled back tighter, it wouldn’t interfere with the neck detail and that would help a lot.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 16, 2011 at 20:06 #

+2. It looks vaguely like a raccoon perched on her shoulder. Drop dead on the model.

• Molly November 16, 2011 at 22:36 #

I can’t stop laughing now. Although what I see is more akin to a fat orange tabby cat.

• Jen November 17, 2011 at 08:58 #

Haha! Now that you’ve put that visual in my head, it’s all I see.

• Emi November 16, 2011 at 20:24 #

I agree, it doesn’t flatter her, even if I think that this collection is beautiful and glamorous.

3. Ginger November 16, 2011 at 17:44 #

She looks amazing, and personally I prefer this version of the gown over the one with the sheer skirt. That smile she has tells me she loves the look too!

4. skittles November 16, 2011 at 17:47 #

there is an earthy indian beauty about sonam kapoor that this outfit only radiates. simply. would it be too much if she wore the sheer skirt instead?

5. Jones19 November 16, 2011 at 17:53 #

The dress is swallowing her up, all I see is dress and no Sonam.

6. AK November 16, 2011 at 17:56 #

I’m sorry but Rosie Huntington Whiteley has ruined this collection for everyone else, because I don’t think anyone can carry it off as well as her.

7. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 18:00 #

I think she looks beautiful, tho I agree the belt would have looked better than the sash she is wearing. I also like these dresses better without the sheer skirt. These dresses are popular because they are so gorgeous and flattering–I agree she gives it new life. Love this color.

8. Lee November 16, 2011 at 18:10 #

Beautiful Bollywood actress. Looks summery and divine!

9. Hannah November 16, 2011 at 18:28 #

This is a bit meek for me. The times when these gowns have looked best is when they have been met with some degree of drama, so maybe darker nails, a more defined and darker eye and better posture with a smaller cluthc would have helped me out here.

• Molly November 16, 2011 at 22:37 #

YES! That is it. I’d been trying to put my finger on it.

10. doc November 16, 2011 at 18:36 #

Hmmm…I never really liked the yellow version of this gown. The color does not really compliment her. And now because so many people wore looks from this show this summer, it looks completely outdated. Kudos to her style team for picking an dress from the season we are actually in and not jumping ahead, but they should have picked something that hasn’t been worn by so many other people. Plenty of actual Fall 2011 looks that have not been worn.

11. fromchi-town November 16, 2011 at 18:52 #

I think it overwhelms her. Also, this dress needs some oomph or some sassiness – and that attitude is missing in Sonam.

12. Nat November 16, 2011 at 19:13 #

Love the colour of the dress!

A few days ago, one of this Gucci gowns was also worn by model Eva Riccobono: http://images.style.it/imgs/galleries/new_star/tv_orizzontale/002537/0001736563-207375_650x0.jpg
    I like how she styled it, with the updo and the red lips/nails.

• oksana November 16, 2011 at 21:09 #

wow she is beautiful, awesome result

13. Sandie November 16, 2011 at 21:26 #

I was one of those who got tired with this Gucci gown but I like the colour in this one. Very sweet and it suits her perfectly.

14. asherlev1 November 16, 2011 at 21:32 #

The color looks amazing on her, so at first I was really excited, but then as I drank in the picture, I realized her hair and clutch seriously detracted from the overall look. Which is sad, because I actually like the gown itself best on her.

15. Parvati November 16, 2011 at 21:33 #

It’s a nice dress, but I think it’s really overwhelming on her.

16. NooG November 17, 2011 at 16:13 #

Dress is gorgeous. She looks so silly though; she does not do the dress justice.