Sarah Jessica Parker tamed her curly mane for a sleeker look on the red carpet last night for the Museum Of Modern Art 4th Annual Film Benefit, ‘A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar’, in New York City.

The actress wore two pieces from the Chanel Resort 2012 collection.

A drop-waist grey chiffon long dress with beaded details was paired with a navy wool sleeveless jacket

I do love SJP, but I get frustrated at the ‘one unnecessary item’ with nearly every look.

If it’s not a crossbody bag, it’s this jacket.

The dress is so beautiful so I really wish she had worn it on its own.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Zoe Kravitz's Closet - Alexander Wang Lydia Ostrich-Effect Leather Clutch

In Zoe Kravitz’s Closet – Alexander Wang Lydia Ostrich-Effect Leather Clutch

Lara Bingle In Josh Goot - WHO ‘Sexiest People’ Party

Lara Bingle In Josh Goot – WHO ‘Sexiest People’ Party

25 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Chanel – MoMA Film Benefit: A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar

1. Nancy Style 'n Decor Deals November 16, 2011 at 13:26 #

I felt the same way even before I read your comments. The dress is gorgeous! Sarah would have looked absolutely stunning without the jacket. Pushed the envelope too far over the edge!!

2. dee November 16, 2011 at 13:33 #

Why did she wear that vest? I don’t like it anyway and it completely ruins this look.

3. TeaAtTwo November 16, 2011 at 13:40 #

Just because you have you have access to all the best clothes in world doesn’t mean you should layer them up and wear them all at once.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 16, 2011 at 13:50 #

Wow this is bad! The dress is so beautiful and light.
    Why she would throw that vest, intended for something knitted and casual completely baffles.
    Black pumps add to the crime scene.

Pretty hair and makeup.

5. Emi November 16, 2011 at 13:52 #

I totally agree with you, FC. The long vest is nonsense.

• Mol November 16, 2011 at 15:11 #

Me too, F.C. Is completely right!

6. Hannah November 16, 2011 at 13:59 #

Recently I have just not been impressed at all by Saraj Jessica. Quite a lot of her looks have been either too fashion victim or too dowdy, and this is most definitely the latter, if not both. I think that the dress looks cheap on her, the fit is off and it needed someone taller and more flat chested to wear it. The vest is hideous and should neve rhave been worn at all, let alone with this look.
    Also, are these the same shoes that Emma Stone wore, which, I would presume, are chanel?

7. Zee November 16, 2011 at 14:02 #

First the white pumps, now the long vests and jackets. I wonder if I will ever start to like those as I did the white pumps. She is doing this on purpose!

8. AW November 16, 2011 at 14:13 #

You’re right about the jacket FC.

Also a different shoe wouldn’t hurt

9. Coco's Tea Party November 16, 2011 at 14:20 #

Strangely I quite like this. I just wish the vest wasn’t as long as it is. The length isn’t so flattering on her petite frame but I do like the idea and general look.

• maria November 16, 2011 at 16:04 #

i agree. I actually like the vest with the dress. It just makes it look a bit funky.
      I find the dress is a bit too tight on her (how????) and lost some of the aireyness from the runway.

10. Jones19 November 16, 2011 at 14:35 #

Right on the money FC, she nearly always tries too hard with her accessories or, in this case, a boring vest that covers up a beautiful gown.

11. Alina November 16, 2011 at 14:43 #

You’re right, FC ! The vest is …

12. Gaber November 16, 2011 at 14:47 #

Let’s be honest, even without the coat this would have been a horrible look. I can’t get over the hair and the make-up and the dress, from what can be seen, seems to hug her in all the wrong places.

It’s just really bad all-around.

13. eimearoconnor November 16, 2011 at 15:04 #

Yeah! You can almost mentally remove the vest from the outfit, and you can see it would be gorgeous without it.. BDOTW worthy maybe…! But why put a long vest on it…. so odd.

• Linda November 16, 2011 at 15:31 #

Yeah, I tried mentally removing it too – LOL!

14. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 15:13 #

Yeah, no. I don’t get it. I do like her hair and makeup, but putting that vest over that dress just was a way bad idea.

• mm November 16, 2011 at 16:14 #

I agree

15. bm November 16, 2011 at 15:38 #

FC, u forgot to say the pumps.
    Btw, i like SJP with her hair smooth, than curly like we’ve used to see.

16. Thirteen November 16, 2011 at 15:41 #

Hideous. I don’t understand when people say she has great style. She’s not Carrie Bradshaw.

17. bb November 16, 2011 at 15:52 #

She looks like a homeless lady

18. Lisa November 16, 2011 at 16:14 #

She is wearing Chanel so should take a leaf out of Coco’s book. To quote the great Madame Chanel – “you should always remove one thing before you leave the house. Less is more”

19. Fee November 16, 2011 at 16:16 #

It’s ironic that it was Chanel herself who advised looking in the mirror and removing one thing before leaving the house. SJP could have done with following that mantra here. Bizarre.

20. Sea November 16, 2011 at 18:05 #

i like the dress on the model better.

21. ramsay November 16, 2011 at 23:14 #

She makes it her own – This combination would’ve been weird on anyone except we’ve come to expect this sort of mix and match from SJP which, I agree, sometimes doesn’t work but to bee fair who (expect Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, Kate Perry or Rihanna but they these ones do it for the theatrics) takes as many risks as her? Which actress dares to mix and match pieces on the red carpet? Most go for a dress – I respect for always trying to push the envelop – And I agree sometimes (like with that crossbody bag with her Valentino dress) it doesn’t work