Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno – NYLON November Issue Party

Rachel Bilson attended yet another party to celebrate yet another NYLON magazine cover for the American Eagle November issue in LA last night.

Is it me or does it feel like Rachel is on the cover of NYLON magazine at least six times a year?

The actress hosted the party wearing a laidback chic look which has fast become her trademark.

She donned a Vanessa Bruno Fall 2011 gold blazer.

I love how Rachel has worn it unzipped to show off the asymmetrical cut.

The rest of her look includes an oversized suede clutch, turned-up GoldSign Jenny high rise slim leg jeans and a simple black The Row Sabeen T-shirt.

I will begrudgingly admit that I love that hat.

Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ heels completed her look.

You can buy Rachel’s Miu Miu clutch from
Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Sonam Kapoor In Gucci - Hello Awards

Sonam Kapoor In Gucci – Hello Awards

Drew Barrymore In Chanel Couture - MoMA Film Benefit: A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar

Drew Barrymore In Chanel Couture – MoMA Film Benefit: A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar

22 Responses to Rachel Bilson In Vanessa Bruno – NYLON November Issue Party

1. Nat39 November 16, 2011 at 17:50 #

The oversized brown clutch feels out of place, and the turned-up jeans simply do not belong with this kind of jacket and shoes. This is pretty awful, in my opinion.

• maria November 16, 2011 at 19:36 #

i agree. the jacket is really cool, but i hate the way she is wearing the rolled up jeans.
      All the pieces together are very try hard.

2. Mol November 16, 2011 at 17:52 #

I love that blazer and how Rachel has worn it, not liking as much the Mui Mui clutch (at least with this outfit).

3. Jones19 November 16, 2011 at 17:53 #

She looks alright, I like the blazer but the pants are a tad too casual for me.

4. Marvel November 16, 2011 at 17:53 #

Sometimes FC I feel like we’re kindred spirits. Yes it does seem like she is talking to Nylon 24:7. I will admit this looks is cute even though its obvious she tried too hard esp with the hat

5. eimearoconnor November 16, 2011 at 17:57 #

Yes, it looks like a totally different jacket unzipped!

6. Anna November 16, 2011 at 18:01 #

nylon is the most boring mag…
    they try too hard

7. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 18:05 #

Not a fan of the oversized “clutch” (maybe we should call them grasps). But she looks cute otherwise.

• AW November 16, 2011 at 18:49 #

lol @ grasps

8. Lee November 16, 2011 at 18:09 #

Cute girl. Cute style

9. Nat November 16, 2011 at 19:02 #

Pretty girl, but much overrated fashionwise.

All the pieces don’t really work well together (especially that clutch, which looks bigger than herself).
    Also, how many Vanessa Bruno blazers has she worn in the last few monthes???

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2011 at 19:04 #

a different one daily

• Nicole November 16, 2011 at 20:12 #

LOL that’s exactly what I was thinking. She must have 20 of them. Also the clutch is obscenely huge especially for her teeny tiny frame.

10. Gaber November 16, 2011 at 19:20 #

I quite enjoy this.
    Nothing to fault here, but also nothing that stands out.

11. anne November 16, 2011 at 19:55 #

I don’t mind it on her. On someone else it would probably feel out of place and messy but she has this cute, quirky style that works for herself. She’s kind of filling the void Sienna Miller left when she stopped caring for fashion.

12. Emi November 16, 2011 at 20:23 #

Lovely, as usual.

13. oksana November 16, 2011 at 20:54 #

clutch is awesome, i dont like pointy heels

14. lu November 16, 2011 at 22:36 #

I just love her so I can´t be objective, but I like the look, relaz and cute I agrre with most of the comment that the clutch looks out of place.

15. Ingrid November 16, 2011 at 22:46 #

i think she looks cute

16. gurlygurl November 16, 2011 at 23:16 #

I’m loving everything except that bag. I love that she’s taken such a dramatic / formal looking jacket and paired it with the more relaxed looking casual jeans. The look feels appropriate for a trendy mag like Nylon. I would wear it out to a semi casual dinner or a nice lunch with the girls. Love it!

17. DD November 17, 2011 at 14:26 #

She really doesn’t look like someone that should be giving out fashion advice anymore. The hat is a nice vintage piece of course but you HAVE to know how to use those pieces otherwise it might as well been a hat she picked up at Wal-mart on sale. These are the same exact pair of jeans she was wearing out in LA just walking around town about a week before at most. Again rolled at the ankle. The clutch.grasp( I like that term “grasp”, because you literally have to hold on for dear life with these types of purses) is the wrong color and size for this outfit she was attempting to put together. The hat is a statement piece because it brings your attention to her face, the clutch then yanks your attention back down and the rest of her outfit leaves you underwhelmed when you look at it as a WHOLE, Her signature look is “laid back” but she always looks anything but in her attempt. She looks like she panicked didn’t know what to wear grabbed a Bruno blazer tossed it over her shirt and jeans she was re-wearing, slipped on so easy shoes and grabbed a giant clutch and then thought a vintage hat will make this “classy”. Everything she is wearing together cuts her off at all the wrong points and makes her look short, instead of long and lean.I’ve seen the advice she gives in InStyle… the problem with her advice collum she never actually uses the advice she dishes out.