16.11.11 Premiere

With so much going on over the past week, I’ve missed a few Tilda Swinton looks so here is a brief recap.

Last Wednesday she attended the 2011 AFI Fest screening of ‘We Need To Talk About Kevin’ wearing a Lanvin Spring 2012 white silk wrap trench with black pumps.

Her next look at the Beverly Hills screening the following day was an Anne Valérie Hash Fall 2011 Couture black tuxedo jumpsuit with satin lapels which was gathered at the waist.

Tilda went from wearing head-to-toe black to head-to-toe white at the MOCA Gala this weekend.

This crisp white suit was also teamed with matching pumps. For me this is Tilda at her best and my favourite look of the bunch.

Last night she was in New York City to attend a special screening of her new thriller, ‘We Need To Talk About Kevin’.

The British actress donned a Haider Ackermann look which consisted of a collarless grey blazer with an ivory blouse and petrol-blue pants.

I can’t say this is my favourite Tilda look.

With each look Tilda wore Pomellato rings.

As much as I love Tilda, she needs to up her shoe game.

Which was your favourite look?

Credit: Getty

In Megan Fox's Closet - Siwy Rose Skinny Jeans

In Megan Fox’s Closet – Siwy Rose Skinny Jeans

Sonam Kapoor In Gucci - Hello Awards

Sonam Kapoor In Gucci – Hello Awards

20 Responses to Catching Up With Tilda Swinton In Haider Ackermann, Anne Valérie Hash Couture & Lanvin

1. Nat39 November 16, 2011 at 17:14 #

Can`t choose a fav. look as all 4 look ugly, ill-fitted, and overly manly (except for the 1st of course).

2. AW November 16, 2011 at 17:22 #

I don’t really understand what people see in her. Its all so one note for me and none of it particularly flattering or innovative fashion.

• Linda November 16, 2011 at 18:44 #

I do like some of her looks in general (the third one is an example of one I like) but one note is right. I feel like I’ve seen these outifts many times before on her.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 16, 2011 at 20:07 #

+2. Im always baffled.

• june November 17, 2011 at 05:52 #

i think for tilda, although most of the things she wears is unflattering or weird, she herself just has so much poise and confidence that it sells the outfit to you, no matter how much you hate the idea of that same outfit on anyone else. on tilda, she’s so… TILDA that she gets away with frankly ugly outfits sometimes

3. dee November 16, 2011 at 17:26 #

I only like the 3rd look, the white ensemble. The rest are not so good.

• Parvati November 16, 2011 at 21:30 #

I agree.

4. MReid November 16, 2011 at 17:43 #

The third look (head to toe white) sans the dead bird looking accessory in her right hand. Her cool girl swagger is off the charts in that pic.

• Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 18:03 #

Too funny. She does not inspire me, but I think this white suit is great on her, especially with the swagger.

• maria November 16, 2011 at 19:33 #

i agree. she is wearing the s*** out of the suit.

i least favourite is the dress. it’s illfitting and bathrobey.

5. Mol November 16, 2011 at 17:55 #

I love Tilda as an actress, but I do not like any of these outfits on her……at all. They all seem ill fitting and clumsy, not cool girl at all to me.

6. Hannah November 16, 2011 at 18:34 #

The all white look is by far my favourite, but I still as gasping for her to dye her hair back to a more fiery shade, it jus tsuited ehr more, in my opinion. Also, her shoes are always a little hit and miss.
    I am reall yhoping for a killer (ackermann) look at the next premiere she attends.

7. noo November 16, 2011 at 18:51 #

i love tilda’s white looks :D i think she looks good in everything but the blue pants are rubbing me the wrong way!

8. Gaber November 16, 2011 at 19:18 #

The white pumps completely kill the white suit, the white tench seems a bit big, the black pants are poorly fitted and I have no idea what’s going on with those petrol pants.

As much as I adore her, this isn’t Tilda at her best.

9. Alison November 16, 2011 at 19:19 #

She stays true to her own interpretation of style an looks fabulous and original, especialy in looks 2 and 3. knocks the Lady gagas totally off stage.

10. ash November 16, 2011 at 21:33 #

Btw, the black tux jumpsuit is Anne Valerie Hash couture, either spring or fall 2011.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2011 at 21:38 #

thank you. I just checked and it’s Fall 2011 x

11. TeaAtTwo November 16, 2011 at 22:40 #

I like her ‘I too busy being an artist to care about fashion’ style.

12. CreoleLady November 16, 2011 at 23:59 #

I have always viewed Tilda as an acquired taste. She’s a bit too “thin white duke” (David Bowie back in the day) for me here. But every now and then, she blows me away.

13. Marina November 18, 2011 at 14:24 #

Tilda is always “très chic”!