Blake Lively was much improved on the red carpet last night whilst attending The Museum Of Modern Art 4th Annual Film Benefit, ‘A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar’, in New York City.

The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress made a better impact on this occasion wearing a Chanel Fall 2011 Couture ensemble.

The sleeveless confection with a feathered peplum and shorter skirt was let down with some strange styling.

Her brown tights and black Christian Louboutin ankle boots were an odd choice to say the least for her couture look.

I’m starting to believe that she thinks tights are making her look more sophisticated.

I do, however, love her beehive bouffant and flawless makeup.

Instead of the check runway arm warmers, Blake opted for a selection of Lorraine Schwartz bracelets.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Emma Stone's Closet - Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Leather Pumps

In Emma Stone’s Closet – Christian Louboutin Pigalle Patent Leather Pumps

Video: Backstage At Alexander McQueen Spring 2012

Video: Backstage At Alexander McQueen Spring 2012

31 Responses to Blake Lively In Chanel Couture – MoMA Film Benefit: A Tribute To Pedro Almodovar

1. alannah November 16, 2011 at 11:36 #

i agree, hair make up & earrings = stunning. the rest of the look, well my mother always taught me if i can’t find something nice to say to not say anything.

2. Bewie November 16, 2011 at 11:42 #

Another sad example that she’s just not a Chanel girl. Her styling is so confused and she just ruined what could be quite sophisticated look with all stupid accessories and that damn tight. Emma Stone on the other hand is pure perfection <3

3. gurlygurl November 16, 2011 at 12:33 #

It’s all so pretty til you get down to the waist. I totally agree with Alannah… silnce is the best option. :/

4. Emi November 16, 2011 at 12:49 #

Blake and Chanel are a terrible match. I think that the ensemble itself is quite ugly, anyway.

• Kaz November 16, 2011 at 20:25 #

Chanel, ugly? Quelle domage!!

I actually think the ensemble is chic. I just loathe those tights…. why?

• Emi November 17, 2011 at 08:27 #

I usually love Chanel, but sometimes I really don’t like some pieces of the collections. First of all I really dislike feathers, in general, I think that the feathered peplum is quite ugly. And I don’t like that skirt with the “upper part”. I agree about the tights, and that color? Terrible…

5. Lucía November 16, 2011 at 13:13 #

I knewww you were going to say that about the tights when I saw this haha. I agree with you here but I think she looks amazing anyway.

6. Leo November 16, 2011 at 13:24 #

This look ages her a bit, I miss when there was a freshness about her. She worked the sexy sporty all-american girl look so well, this looks forced.

7. Emalie November 16, 2011 at 13:36 #

The dress is nice but not on Blake, she always manges to make couture seem like something from H&M imo. And the shoes really don’t work and tights with this look, this girl needs a stylist to give her constructive criticism.

The hair do is nice but it’s almost identical to the one she’s been sporting on the set of Gossip Girl for the last couple of days.

8. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 13:46 #

Geeze, I wish she’d wear something in her size. Without the tights and one size bigger this would be a knockout. She looks like she can’t breathe or walk.

9. mikeijames November 16, 2011 at 13:50 #

i cannot agree more with the comments above. she looks so quintessentially chanel until one gets to the waist. and she didn’t even ruin the look in an avant way — with combat boots or some such — she ruined it by making the most baffling choice given the shoes WE KNOW she owns.

10. TeaAtTwo November 16, 2011 at 13:54 #

Blake’s hair looks as if she saw Emma’s hair outside and quickly tried to copy it.

11. Nikki November 16, 2011 at 14:15 #

I’m so over Blake Lively. She expires quicker than a carton of milk.

12. GusMex November 16, 2011 at 14:28 #

va va voom body, gorgeous face, amazing hair and really bad taste for finally touches u.u so bad

13. Alina November 16, 2011 at 14:37 #

Why does she insist on wearing Chanel ?
    CHANEL IS NOT FOR YOU, BLAKE !

14. bb November 16, 2011 at 15:11 #

Never get why Karl and Anna are obsessed with this girl (and probably never will). Chanel is just not for her, period.

She looks very beautiful though. This kind of makeup suits her best.

15. Jones19 November 16, 2011 at 15:13 #

This look is okay, I don’t mind the tights but the shoes are what’s killing it.

16. Linda November 16, 2011 at 15:44 #

She looks lovely, maybe not perfect, though.

17. maria November 16, 2011 at 15:52 #

i also think that she tried to classy it up with the longer skirt and the tights, but it does not work.

the outfit is too tight and the shoe choice is baffelling.

18. Patricia November 16, 2011 at 16:06 #

Why this girl continue to ruined Channel??

19. Jess2 November 16, 2011 at 16:09 #

This is the best Blake has looked in a while in my opinion. I like this. I’m really over Blake and Chanel though, I am a slave to Chanel, it is my absolute favourite but Blake doesn’t seem to do it justice. She is so beautiful but her style is more miss than hit it seems.

20. Hisadora November 16, 2011 at 16:15 #

What happened to her? She used to be flawless on the red carpet….

21. Jacqu November 16, 2011 at 16:43 #

She doesn’t have the sophistication to pull this off.

22. Lisa November 16, 2011 at 17:44 #

The tights are the only thing I dislike here. Her ankle boots pretty much blend in so it doesn’t add or take away from the look. The outfit itself is alright. LOL Idk why people insist that Blake automatically makes everything “unclassy”.

• Amberly November 16, 2011 at 23:23 #

She doesn’t make everything unclassy, but she doesn’t have the oomph factor to make something as unique and unconventional as this outfit work. She works better with mainstream pieces… or plunging necklaces, high slits.

23. Mol November 16, 2011 at 18:07 #

The bottom close up picture is so pretty, too bad about the long shot…..

24. Jess November 16, 2011 at 18:52 #

hmmm, well at she didn’t copy the runway styling!

25. LizLemooooon November 16, 2011 at 20:29 #

She has such terrible style. I still think that she obviously gets help from the Gossip Girl stylists but this is proof to me that she dresses herself coz girlfriend’s outfit is horrible. Just a hot mess tbh.

26. oksana November 16, 2011 at 21:18 #

it is not all about blake, this dress is though.

27. Amberly November 16, 2011 at 23:22 #

Someone else mentioned this but it’s worth reiterating… Blake Lively does NOT have the sophistication to pull this off. Maybe she feels pressured to dress a certain way because mags keep labeling her as a “risk taker” and giving her credit for working without a stylist but this girl needs immediate help. If she’s not busy copying the EXACT same look on the runway, she looks a disaster (and sometimes both). I don’t get all the hype surrounding Blake… fashion wise at least, because we all know there is very little (legitimate anyway) hype surrounding her acting-wise.

She should take a few lessons from Emma Stone- girl knows how to ROCK the red carpet. Same goes for Emma Watson.

• Elle November 17, 2011 at 22:01 #

I couldn’t agree more. She isn’t polished enough and Emma is. It’s mostly the hair at this point for me. Too messy and beachy.