Rooney Mara In Calvin Klein – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Rooney Mara joined several other stars on the red carpet for the 2011 CFDA Vogue/Fashion Fund Awards which were held at the Skylight SoHo in New York City last night.

The actress who stars in ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’ wore a Calvin Klein Spring 2012 slip dress.

I find the contrast between her nude silk dress, her jet black hair and her black cherry lipstick too stark and unappealing.

My mother would call this death warmed up and she would be right.

White strappy sandals completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emma Stone In Calvin Klein - Worldwide Orphans Foundation's Seventh Annual Benefit Gala

Emma Stone In Calvin Klein – Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Seventh Annual Benefit Gala

Sidewalk Style: Rihanna In Topshop Hotpants & Henry Holland Suspender Tights

Sidewalk Style: Rihanna In Topshop Hotpants & Henry Holland Suspender Tights

35 Responses to Rooney Mara In Calvin Klein – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

1. LizLemooooon November 15, 2011 at 13:25 #

Well…I like the dress and shoes and her hair however the dark lip is too dark. A rasberry stain and a delicate bracelet would have worked a lot better.
    Or she should have just gone with a darker coloured dress.
    She’s a beautiful girl, she just needs to find her own style. I think she’s been Lisabeth Salander too long!

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2011 at 13:38 #

“I think she’s been Lisabeth Salander too long”

Agreed. I’m only letting her off because isn’t the film still in post production? There could be more scenes to shoot.

• LizLemooooon November 15, 2011 at 15:15 #

Yes, I think there’s still some editing and stuff to be done. I also feel like she didn’t have that much of a strong personality before she was Lisabeth and now she has to come back to ‘normal’ she seems a bit confused and that comes across in her fashion choices.

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2011 at 15:18 #

It’s called Taylor Momsen syndrome lol

• ag November 15, 2011 at 15:48 #

There aren’t any scenes left to shoot, she’s already filming another movie with Terrence Malick and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo comes out next month.

• Paddy M November 15, 2011 at 20:34 #

I think she’s keeping the look because if this film is a success, she’ll be reprising the role in the two sequels. I guess it’s commitment to her art, although she might have been wise to choose a look which works better with her hairstyle.

• Emi November 15, 2011 at 13:53 #

I agree, Lisbeth Salander, get out of her!

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 15, 2011 at 13:56 #

+1 completely!

2. Hermoine November 15, 2011 at 13:28 #

No looks like this I’ve had my coffee!

• Amanda November 15, 2011 at 15:42 #

haha!

3. Jess November 15, 2011 at 13:34 #

I love it, but then again it’s the sort of look I wear personally, so I can see why others find it hard to like. The barely there colour of the slip dress is exquisite, as is the pleating.

• Martin November 16, 2011 at 04:41 #

I agree. As intense as it is, I am totally transfixed by it. I think she looks incredible.

4. Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 13:39 #

Oh dear. This is very bad. I completely agree with you FC, the contrast is really not working. I also think the dress is not fitting very well, but that may also be from her bad posture. Death warmed up indeed :(

• Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 13:41 #

I really like the dress on the runway though. I would like to see someone else give this a go.

5. couturecoco November 15, 2011 at 13:42 #

I think the dress and hair are gorgeous! Love CK’s sleek and minimal style but here, it’s the lipstick that kills it for me – she should have chosen a lighter shade of plum/cherry or a rich pinky coral to warm up her face.

6. JJovana November 15, 2011 at 14:03 #

Looking like Lisbeth for the movies is just fine, of course, but when you attempt to translate that look on the runway by glamming it up, it fails horribly as evident above.

7. dee November 15, 2011 at 14:09 #

she just needed to lighten her lip color. I think a reddish tone would look nice.

8. Kaylie November 15, 2011 at 14:10 #

I think she just needed to choose a darker colored dress or a lighter colored lipstick, and she would’ve been fine.

9. AW November 15, 2011 at 14:11 #

She looks like she just came out of a freezer at the morgue.

The dress is beautiful I would love to see it one someone with a rich skin tone like Kerry Washington or Zoe Saldana.

10. Molly November 15, 2011 at 14:19 #

If you scroll the webpage down so you make her head leave your monitor, you can see that she actually wears the dress quite nicely. The shoes work well (somehow don’t seem stark white, but more light and neutral). I don’t know what the heck you do with that haircut and color – I can’t see a good way to pull off such a frothy, light slip of a dress with that helmet as-is. But the dark, dark lipstick clearly didn’t help matters.

11. allieh November 15, 2011 at 14:38 #

Dude this is so Vogue and rad, the whole look….love it

12. goldfish November 15, 2011 at 14:57 #

she is gorgeous – and i’ve really come to appreciate her beauty after she cut her hair and dyed it, before she just looked like everybody else- to mainstream… but i agree she hasn’t quite found her style yet..

13. Mol November 15, 2011 at 15:34 #

She looks great in the dress IMO, just, as many say, a lighter lip pie is needed

• maria November 15, 2011 at 16:06 #

i agree. the look is great, she actually is working the weird hair colour, but the lips kill it.

This is going to be one we will not recognize on the red carpet once the salander movies are over.

14. Lula November 15, 2011 at 16:03 #

i think its perfect. im so sick of tanned skin and hair a shade darker or lighter.
    this is striking, she looks etherial and magical- it’s beautiful

15. Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 16:30 #

For the weirdest unfathomable reason, I kind of like this look.

16. Hannah November 15, 2011 at 22:07 #

I get that she is going for the look in he rfilm and on her Vogue cover, ut I’m seriously not a fan. The hair and makeup are so unflattering on her. Also, this dress was always going to be boring, never great, so something more interesting would have been prefered anyways.

17. Andrea November 16, 2011 at 00:03 #

i love it! she looks gorgeous!

18. Jodie November 16, 2011 at 00:25 #

Does anybody know Rooney Mara’s white sandals’ brand? I really like them! Thanks!

19. Raquel November 16, 2011 at 01:32 #

I seriously abhor this type of haircut, which is rarely flatter on anyone over 5 years old. The color isn’t a problem in itself, a lot of woman have naturally jet balck hair and very pale skin, or the dark lip, which happens to be a gorgeous colors, but the ensemble.

• Fashion Critic November 16, 2011 at 08:29 #

I don’t think this is a surprise considering she their current cover girl

20. Can November 16, 2011 at 07:14 #

Strange but I actually like it.

21. Shauni212 November 16, 2011 at 21:24 #

I’m a little bit scared…