Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Mia Wasikowska attended the 2011 CFDA Vogue/Fashion Fund Awards at the Skylight SoHo in New York City last night.

The Australian actress gave us our second look at the Rodarte Spring 2012 collection on the red carpet.

On this occasion it’s the dress which is doing all the work.

This lapis-blue satin dress with chiffon stripes and a gathered neckline embellished with crystals is sensational – without question.

Sadly, however, Mia is not selling it to me.

From the hairstyle to the lack of makeup to the lacklustre satin pumps, I’m hoping that this dress will have a second run-out.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nikki Reed In Marchesa -  ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 1’ LA Premiere

Nikki Reed In Marchesa – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’ LA Premiere

In Mischa Barton's Closet - Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots

In Mischa Barton’s Closet – Vivienne Westwood Pirate boots

19 Responses to Mia Wasikowska In Rodarte – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

1. eimearoconnor November 15, 2011 at 11:15 #

Those shoes are so naff, it makes the dress look like a tacky piece of curtain material…

2. Martin November 15, 2011 at 11:23 #

The shoes are beyond underwhelming but I’m finding that the main problem I have with this dress is actually the length. Shorten it by a couple of inches so it sits at or just below the knee and I think that it would give it some added vigour and sway. This length is just way too matronly and when combined with that shoe … major disappointment.

• Pati November 15, 2011 at 17:59 #

Agreed!

3. Anna November 15, 2011 at 11:28 #

shes too boring
    never take risk
    to safe

4. Parvati November 15, 2011 at 11:51 #

I agree. The hair and the shoes ruin this look.

5. Ade November 15, 2011 at 11:53 #

She’s a dull dresser. I really don’t expect much from her anyway

6. Jones19 November 15, 2011 at 12:20 #

The dress looks beautiful on the model but it falls flat on her, she’s way too short for it and sorry to say this but she’s too boring for it too.

7. thebeautyphilosopher November 15, 2011 at 12:49 #

Hair and makeup – or lack thereof – are a huge letdown here. It is not the lack of makeup in itself – a beautiful woman in a beautiful gown can look especially breathtaking sans makeup but here she looks washed out and her hair looks dull or greasy, not at all healthy.

8. Emi November 15, 2011 at 12:50 #

I prefer the runway’s length, because hers is quite unflattering, and I don’t understand why lots of women are choosing this length on the red carpet. The dress itself is beautiful, I love the fabric and the color, but everything else is a let down, the hair, the lack of make up, the shoes… What a pity, the dress deserves something better.

9. Emmeline November 15, 2011 at 13:18 #

I usually like the pieces she chooses, but hate how she wears them. It always turns out extremely underwhelming.

10. Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 13:27 #

I am very underwhelmed which sucks because I really liked this on the runway. First it is too long in her I think, on the model it falls just below the knees which I think would have been better than the mid-calf length on Mia. I also get the impression that she really didn’t care so didn’t put the effort into the look. Get rid of the shoes also.

11. dee November 15, 2011 at 14:05 #

I agree with everything you said FC.

12. JJovana November 15, 2011 at 14:07 #

That entire Rodarte collection was a DISASTER. It looked like an amateur art project that wouldnt even end up on the fridge as an ornament. Reminded me of what happens when a 5 year old who’s obsessed with Disney raids her grandmothers close. Harsh, but true. See Mia above, and Kirsten Dunst from few days back.

She’s too avant garde and beautiful to be this dull when it comes to fashion.

13. LizLemooooon November 15, 2011 at 15:21 #

That Rodarte *collection was hideous, I actually laughed out loud while looking at it. I think there was like one somewhat decent dress in the whole thing and Mia is not wearing it.

14. maria November 15, 2011 at 15:59 #

i am always so disappointed. Mia is actually a very pretty girl, she looks stunning in movies, but she definitely needs a stylist to make the best of her assests (her beautiful skin e.g). Even if she does not care too much about fashion, she could have somebody style her in a easy, do not make too much effort way.
    She always reminds me of a geek in high school who is wearing a dress for the first time for a dance and cannot walk in high heels.

15. andrea November 15, 2011 at 17:51 #

She needs a stylist (or at least a tailor) in a bad way.

16. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 04:28 #

Major frumpy. And she looks bored out of her mind.

17. Emily November 16, 2011 at 19:52 #

someone get her a stylist, pleeeeeease!!!! I hope one day she can be like Emma Watson and she totally can, just need some help!