All eyes would’ve been on the Queen of the night at the LA premiere for ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’ last night.

Kristen Stewart would have been under a lot of pressure, but she didn’t disappoint.

She opted to wear a dress by one of her favourite designers: J. Mendel.

Kristen looked stunning wearing a Spring 2012 iris and black sequin brushstroke-print sleeveless belted column dress.

It had a thigh-high split which she worked in every picture à la Megan Fox/Blake Lively.

The actress seemed to be genuinely enjoying her moment in the spotlight on the red carpet – she’s come a long way from the moody teenager who looked like she wanted to be anywhere else.

Many of you have not warmed to her extensions, so you’ll be glad to see that her hair was pulled back into a sophisticated updo.

A neutral pink lipshade, cat-eyes and lavender eyeshadow gave her a fresh-faced glow.

Kristen has had many great red carpet moments, but I think this has to rank in the top 2. I can’t decide between this and her Met Gala Proenza Schouler dress for the number 1 spot.

[nggallery id=1030]
Credit: Style.com & Getty

Maria Sharapova In J. Mendel & Chloé - SuperGoop! Personal Event & SELF Made Woman Q&A

Maria Sharapova In J. Mendel & Chloé – SuperGoop! Personal Event & SELF Made Woman Q&A

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji - 2011 Governors Awards Dinner

Octavia Spencer In Tadashi Shoji – 2011 Governors Awards Dinner

55 Responses to Kristen Stewart In J. Mendel – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1’ LA Premiere

1. Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 09:57 #

I do like to see her smile and the way that she’s working that thigh high split , but I still prefer Ashely’s look (as much as I dislike Ashley). I blame it on my partiality to red.

• Zul1302 November 15, 2011 at 10:10 #

Agree! I can’t hate anybody on a red dress either! :)

2. Zul1302 November 15, 2011 at 10:00 #

Total disagree! This is Numero Uno.. I hated the Met Gala Proenza Schouler dress! She looks stunning! Queen for the night was Ashley Greene for me, tho!

3. Lada November 15, 2011 at 10:06 #

I was so glad Kristen didn’t opt for another short dress. The hair is amazing.

Did you see her on Jimmy Kimmel show last week? She looked beautiful.

4. Mary November 15, 2011 at 10:06 #

Wow! She does look stunning (and excited for a change ;) ) I think it is refreshing only to see her in 3 or 4 events, instead of being bombared with pictures and outfits for two whole weeks. She is much less tired and so much happier this way.

5. Tah November 15, 2011 at 10:10 #

I like the dress. She finally wore something diffrent. But her posture is horrible. You just can’t hunch your back in such a dress. She still looks like a child wearing a dress but at least it looks good.

Her hair is okay but I disagree on the makeup. The black cat eyes look too much for me.

6. T from Sydney November 15, 2011 at 10:16 #

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

my fave from the night. but from what ive seen everyone everyone looked good.

7. Lulla November 15, 2011 at 10:21 #

I”m just glad it wasn’t strapless or too short. I believe Joan Rivers calls that a “slut cut”. I liked this a lot more than the Proenza Schouler dress.

Best dressed of the cast for me was Ashley Greene.

• J November 15, 2011 at 15:46 #

8. Jada November 15, 2011 at 11:22 #

Stunning..Ashley Green has nothing on this Queen.

9. Lara November 15, 2011 at 11:45 #

They make a great colour-co-ordinated trio, but somehow I just feel very “meh” about this look on Kristin. She looks lovely enough, but I’m not blown away. Then again, Kristin is not really one to do “blown away”

10. Parvati November 15, 2011 at 11:47 #

Personally, I’m on the fence with this look. The dress is nice but I felt a bit like it was a deja vu, because it strongly reminded me of her MET gala Proenza Schouler dress. I really like the hair and make-up, but I don’t like that thigh-high split so much. Sure, she’s been showing off her legs in almost every occasion with those strapless, mini dresses, but the way she’s showing them off here seems a bit unnatural to me, like it’s not really her style.

• bee7 November 15, 2011 at 12:13 #

• Kaylie November 15, 2011 at 14:16 #

Agree with every word! I also had deja vu, and I also think she looks awkward trying to work that split. I feel like long dresses throw her proportions off somehow…

• Alina November 15, 2011 at 18:15 #

You’re oh so right.

11. Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 11:48 #

Oh my word!!! She looks absolutely amazing, this would have to be my absolute favourite look for her ever. She is sporting her beautiful smile and is working it. This gave me goosebumps, she certainly has come a long way. flawless

12. Vicky November 15, 2011 at 11:51 #

Wow #2!
    Kristen looks amazing! And that smile just makes it even better.

13. BeeBee November 15, 2011 at 12:02 #

I think she looks boring. Especially for this kind of event. Her co-stars definitely outshine her.

And that too far ripped slit? Rather tacky.

14. Jones19 November 15, 2011 at 12:23 #

This is the best she’s ever looked on the red carpet!

15. Emi November 15, 2011 at 12:57 #

Considering that we’re used to see her in minidresses…this is quite a change, which I like. I love sequined dresses, the color and the texture is beautiful. I also like her make up and it’s nice to see her in a good mood.

16. Jess November 15, 2011 at 13:14 #

I didn’t like her PS look, this is far superior. love the colour on her

17. Emmeline November 15, 2011 at 13:22 #

Beautiful color, but I agree with the poster upthread who thought this looked like her MET dress. That was my first thought when I saw her tonight. She’s also wearing boring shoes that I’m pretty sure she’s worn before.

I think she brings a certain level of tackiness to everything she wears, but never gets called on it. That slit is so high and the way she’s jutting her leg make it look pretty trashy.

• Emma November 15, 2011 at 15:30 #

• Liz November 16, 2011 at 08:59 #

Agreed. I think if you’re going to work a thigh-high split, you don’t need to stick your leg out there like that.

This look is definitely better than the PS look, because the dress isn’t ill-fitted. That’s one thing she’s doing better now. Usually her red carpet looks seem too big or too small. However, I just don’t think look has the “Wow” factor that she needs to win over the skeptics. On someone like Diane Kruger this dress probably would’ve made it look amazing, but Kristen manages to make it look cheap again. I don’t know what it is. I guess it’s the way she poses and/or her constant smoker’s cough but it just looks cheap to me.

• mia March 11, 2012 at 23:12 #

I highly doubt she stuck her leg out on purpose. I think it was subconscious.

18. molly November 15, 2011 at 13:26 #

This is typical Kristen. I really do love the dress and I think it suits her to a T, but shes not really pulling this off. She is way to pale for a slit that high.
    Nice but incredibly boring.

19. Mick November 15, 2011 at 13:46 #

I’ve never been a fan of her style nor her attitute, but’ she’s a stunner here. I must say I’m amazed

20. dunzoo November 15, 2011 at 13:56 #

i’m glad she d’idn’t wear a super mini dress.. her dress is nice, but her posture is terrible, she still seems very uncomfortable wearing heels, plus the split is kinda tacky, it is not her style.. great hairdo and make up. love her smile, finally she seems having fun on red carpet !

21. JJovana November 15, 2011 at 14:11 #

I love it. She looks flawless, head to toe. Grown up but not overbearing, sexy but not exposed and simply GORGEOUS. I love her simple yet sleek style. She has edge to her that I find quite endearing.

• Mol November 15, 2011 at 15:46 #

22. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 15, 2011 at 14:14 #

I love it. This was the best of J. Mendel spring, in an uncharacteristically flat collection (though Gilles is definitely in his best element in the Fall)

23. J November 15, 2011 at 14:58 #

Did she have the slit taken higher? There’s something odd about the top of it.

24. oksana November 15, 2011 at 15:21 #

it looks like a child dressed up, she dosent seem comfortable and i didnt like it.

• J November 15, 2011 at 20:22 #

She always looks like she raided an older sister’s closet and tried to play dress up. The clothes always wear her instead of the other way around.

25. maria November 15, 2011 at 15:50 #

i love the colour on her, but i have the impression that the cut makes her look wider in the hip than she is. Maybe it’s the high thigh slit.

26. asherlev1 November 15, 2011 at 16:50 #

*Jaw drop* The most you could say of me is that I tolerate Kristen Stewart, but she looks STUNNING here. I’m salivating over how gorgeous she looks. Whoever dressed/styled her for this should keep on doing it.

27. hally November 15, 2011 at 16:59 #

not a bad look for kirsten, probably her best gown to date. A little similar to her met dress, but better (i hated that dress). love the color but the fit could have been more tailored, and the exposed lining towards the bottom of the dress kinda is keeping me from really liking the dress. i’m not sure how one would fix the lining issue short of stopping it higher up (leaving the legs unlined) or covering the nude lining with a blue lining the color of the dress (which would be pretty heavy). i would still prefer both solutions to the tacky nude lining peeking out next to her shoes

28. Giuseppi Giraffe November 15, 2011 at 17:27 #

Smiling, wearing a longer dress, hair tied up, no ratty extensions, goog girl Kristin! (Although Ashley still wins this evening for me. The red Donna Karan is just nicer), it’s so good to see KS looking like a grown up.

29. cristina k November 15, 2011 at 17:42 #

Kristen and her beautiful dress, she was once again impressive, I loved it!
    Hair, legs, makeup …… she was the queen of the night! Beautiful Kristen!

30. noo November 15, 2011 at 17:48 #

i hate everything about this look! the eye make up is scary and she is soooooooo pale that i think a solid blue would have helped! this is just a disaster imo! but thank god her hair is up :D

31. Sabrina November 15, 2011 at 18:57 #

She looks amazing. She also has a beautiful pedicure.

32. fola November 15, 2011 at 19:05 #

I’m not particularly bowled over with this look, I’m just sooo glad it’s not another mini. Love the colour tho!

33. Kelsey November 15, 2011 at 19:22 #

Kristen makes pale look so good! And I love her purple eyeshadow…not too purpley but just right!

34. CTgirl November 15, 2011 at 19:38 #

Want to know how to make a red carpet entrance in an expensive dress and still look tacky? Ask KS. The awful messy/ratty hair, the exaggerated eye makeup, the slouch, and the lack of bust support add up to a big fashion don’t. Too bad but definitely another fail.

35. CTgirl November 15, 2011 at 19:42 #

Want to know how to make a red carpet entrance that’s tacky? Ask KS. The awful dress lining, the awful ratty hair, the too high slit, the slouch, and the lack of bust support add up to a big fashion don’t. Another fail for KS.

36. Ro November 15, 2011 at 20:48 #

I think she’s totally working this dress – the color looks very dramatic against her skin and the fit is fantastic on her. As for some saying the slit was too high – it’s just as high on the model and Kristen’s certainly got the legs for it. The only problem i have is with the lining – it looks sloppy on an otherwise gorgeous look.

37. Victoria November 15, 2011 at 21:19 #

I love her eye make-up. So dramatic and mysterious.

38. Hannah November 15, 2011 at 22:18 #

It’s an improvement, but I feel liek she’s doen it so many times before, completely a deja vu moment for me. It was pretty predictable. I don’t like the makeup too much, I HATE the shoes, and her posign is awkward as always. Also, she has incredible legs, no denyign that, we see them in all of her looks, but somehow the shoes probabyl more than anything is really not at all flattering to them.

39. Amber November 16, 2011 at 00:23 #

I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look so bad when she was attempting to look decent. The hair, the raccoon eyes, the ill-fitting dress- yuck, ewe, and ick. I don’t know what other people are seeing because this just is awful.

40. Shaina November 16, 2011 at 01:41 #

This has earned my number one spot of her best looks. She looks flawless! The hair, makeup, styling, dress, attitude–it’s all perfection! BDOTW worthy as well.

41. Georgia November 17, 2011 at 00:37 #

First I’ve noticed this and perhaps it’s been said before, but she look a lot like Marion Cotillard.

42. Elle November 17, 2011 at 21:39 #

Gahhhhh!!! I want to like this look, I really do, but the gown is totally wearing her and not the other way around. She is beautiful, but that black hair is just too black and drab. It looks like she has dyed it one too many times. Plus she’s paler than pale (not a bad thing). It looks like a hot mis-matchy mess. She is so stunning sometimes and this just is too baggy for her. She’s so petite. She needs style help. It was such a big moment and she looks so odd and it doesn’t look high-fashion at all. It looks cheapened.