Emma Roberts In Temperley London – ‘True British’ Book Launch

Emma Roberts attended the Temperley London launch celebration of the book ‘True British’ at the Temperley LA boutique this Friday.

The actress wore a lace top from the Spring 2012 Temperley London collection.

The high-necked top was originally paired on the runway with a fairly simple high-waisted skirt.

Emma, however, chose to play up the top’s Victorian-goth feel with a full-length black velvet skirt, accessorized with a red Kotur clutch, smoky eyes and red lips.

We’re totally on board with the Victorian vibe Emma has going on, but is it just us or is something just a tiny bit off?

This look has just a little too much going on – maybe less eye-makeup or more polished hair next time?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte -  Jimmy Kimmel Live

Lake Bell In Opening Ceremony & Magritte – Jimmy Kimmel Live

Emma Stone In Calvin Klein - Worldwide Orphans Foundation's Seventh Annual Benefit Gala

Emma Stone In Calvin Klein – Worldwide Orphans Foundation’s Seventh Annual Benefit Gala

26 Responses to Emma Roberts In Temperley London – ‘True British’ Book Launch

1. robbie November 15, 2011 at 12:59 #

this look takes her from teens to late 30s early 40s. which is not a good thing in my opinion.

• Nat39 November 15, 2011 at 18:41 #

It`s not the hair or makeup that bothers me, it`s how aging this look is for her.

2. Molly November 15, 2011 at 13:20 #

I think she looks polished and sophisticated, which is not how I usually think of her. I like the look. It is also seasonally appropriate, which is refreshing.

• J November 15, 2011 at 14:54 #

Love this look, especially with the red clutch.

• Ginger November 15, 2011 at 15:07 #

+1! This is the best I’ve seen her look in a while. It does make her look about ten years older, which is actually a bit welcome.

3. Carolina November 15, 2011 at 13:26 #

First, a nude lining for the top would show of that gorgeous lace – which is the best part of the model’s look. Second,there may be a touch too much volume in the skirt – let the top be the star! On the runway, the nude leg adds balance to the look, while on Emma, the entire look from waist down is dark, even bulky. Finally, I agree about the hair. a half up/half down or even a sleek ballerina-style low bun might work here.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 15, 2011 at 14:01 #

+1. This long velvet skirt reminds me of something my grandmother would wear to go to a New Year’s party.

• maria November 15, 2011 at 16:02 #

you are so on point. the fit of the skirt is definitely off and as you say, the lace does not shine through as much. bummer

4. Carolina November 15, 2011 at 13:29 #

One other thought – the top could be tailored a bit at the shoulder line, as it exposes less shoulder on Emma than the model. This makes the top look less form-fitting, which is aided (on the runway) by being tucked in for an overall sleek look, with slanted lines at shoulder and leg becoming an important part of the overall image.

• Pati November 15, 2011 at 17:56 #

Totally agree, I would definately tuck the top in and wear the runway skirt.

5. Emmeline November 15, 2011 at 13:30 #

This ages her horribly. The only thing I would keep is the clutch. If I were her I would have scrapped everything else and started over.

6. Emi November 15, 2011 at 13:30 #

Honestly I really like it it’s feminine and elegant, even if I prefer the runway’s version, with the top stuck under the skirt. I like her, she’s very cute and I think she looks different from other girls of her age.

7. Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 13:31 #

I like the look but I agree that something seems a bit off. I have a feeling it may be because her skin tone is quite pale.

8. eimearoconnor November 15, 2011 at 13:33 #

Her hair looks so much better dark, this colour is so lame.

9. TeaAtTwo November 15, 2011 at 13:59 #

I love this more grown up look.

10. dee November 15, 2011 at 14:07 #

I like it. I can’t see anything wrong.

11. style server November 15, 2011 at 14:17 #

The hair is waaaaay too mumsy for this look!! Either that or the make-up should have changed, it’s really putting me off this look!

12. allieh November 15, 2011 at 14:40 #

What a bobblehead

13. Raquel November 15, 2011 at 14:54 #

I like this look, I think she looks sophisticated. I was tired of her typical short dress. And she´s already 20. Young, but not a teenager.

14. andrea November 15, 2011 at 17:44 #

The top is washing her out – a different color top with a lighter-weight skirt would be better. And her hair is a horrible shade of brassy orange.

• Tania November 15, 2011 at 21:55 #

15. Hannah November 15, 2011 at 22:13 #

Firstly, I will never like any of her looks until she dyes her hair, which ruisn anythign she will ever wear. Secondly, I think that the dress is a little old for her anyways, and that the parts of the bodice that go under her arms to the neckline are too high up if that makes sense, almsot like it is too tight there. The earrings also make it a little too mature.

16. Shaina November 16, 2011 at 01:30 #

Her skirt is eating her alive, this look just doesn’t do anything for her. I think it would have looked better on someone else–she has all the right things going on (minus the hair), but it still looks overwhelming on her in a way.

17. Raquel November 16, 2011 at 01:39 #

I think it ages her, and IMO it’s the hair. However, Emma is most of the time a huuuge miss for me, so I call this improvement.

18. Rebecca Z November 16, 2011 at 04:26 #

I think she looks pretty. the skirt may be a tad voluminous, but the top looks lovely on her and I think it is fine for her to look more sophisticated sometimes.

19. Tahj November 16, 2011 at 06:25 #

I love this. The outfit is so elegant. But the hair lets it down.