Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Amanda Seyfried attended the 2011 CFDA Vogue/Fashion Fund Awards which were held at the Skylight SoHo in New York City last night.

The actress shows that she has a serious addiction to Prabal Gurung’s pieces as she dons her second look from his Spring 2012 collection.

Not a bad addiction to have.

On this occasion she wore a white drop-waist tulle dress with a plunging back, embroidered matte sequins, crystals, silks bows and ostrich feathers.

Whilst the Nicholas Kirkwood heels work on the runway, I find them a tad too fussy on the red carpet. A simple pair of Aniston-esqe strappy sandals would’ve sufficed, considering the dress has so many beautiful details to take in.

A ponytail or bun would’ve perfected this look to show off that contrasting neckline.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Solange Knowles For Harper's Baazar US

Solange Knowles For Harper’s Baazar US

Zoe Kravitz In Alexander Wang - 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

Zoe Kravitz In Alexander Wang – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

16 Responses to Amanda Seyfried In Prabal Gurung – 2011 CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards

1. JJovana November 15, 2011 at 14:02 #

One of those cases when it looks better OFF RUNWAY. She’s so beautiful.

2. Kaylie November 15, 2011 at 14:08 #

I wish her hair was a bit sleeker on this occasion, but other than that, I’m loving the look!

3. AW November 15, 2011 at 14:08 #

Maybe its the pose but something looks slightly off about the fit. It looks junky around the tummy.

4. dee November 15, 2011 at 14:11 #

I too wish she wore her hair in a ponytail or an updo but other than that she looks fabulous.

5. style server November 15, 2011 at 14:16 #

She should have ignored the runway styling from the runway from the bottom half, and gone with the styling from the top half. If she’d worn it with better shoes, red lipstick an slicked back hair I would have been blown away by the look!

6. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 15, 2011 at 14:21 #

Im with you on the shoes FC 100%. Love the dress, just wish it was tailored to be less sacky on her.
    Sleek ponytail would have provided a nice balance with the fun fussiness of the dress.

• maria November 15, 2011 at 16:08 #

same here. the fit is off and the hair covers the best part of the dress.

7. Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 14:21 #

I am loving the high neck low back trend from this collection. She looks fabulous as always but I do wish she would have had her hair up to show the neckline and her shoulders. I also agree with you FC about the shoes, because there is a lot going on witht the bottom of the dress a more simplistic pair of shoes would have been better

• Linda November 15, 2011 at 23:20 #

Yes, agree with FC on both those points too. The dress is too long on her to make those shoes work and the hair is in the way. However, she is still lovely.

8. rebecca November 15, 2011 at 15:00 #

The attitude makes up for the hair. You need this to rock Prabal Gurung, especially for this collection.

9. Emi November 15, 2011 at 16:39 #

She should have kept things simple with hair and accessories. The shoes are ugly, for some reason they remind me espadrillas… I also prefer the fit of the runway, the dress doesn’t define her waistline. In the end, I don’t like it.

10. Amanda November 15, 2011 at 17:15 #

I love the shoes. She is more beautiful than a model and rocks the look!

11. Pati November 15, 2011 at 17:45 #

She should have gone a size down – the length and fit is off….

12. Hannah November 15, 2011 at 22:02 #

I adore the dress, but this is a pretty bad look, all in all, for me. I do not realyl like the makeup, and since her ahir isn’t even beautifully blown out as per usual, sh ehas no excuse for leaving it just hanging there. The pose and attitude don’t work with the dress, adn the shoes are too heavy here. I wish it had been mroe light and whimsical.

13. Shaina November 16, 2011 at 01:27 #

I don’t like this at all on her. Sadly, it’s the hair and shoes that ruin this. I’m really disappointed…she had a good beauty/fashion streak going for a while.

14. TeaAtTwo November 16, 2011 at 22:49 #

The dress and shoes are beautiful but she isn’t pulling them off on this occasion.