15.11.11 Menswear, Premiere

‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1′ LA Premiere Menswear

We’ve seen who the girls were wearing on the red carpet for the ‘Twilight’ LA premiere, now here is a look at the boys.

Rob Pattinson: The British actor stayed true to Gucci for this big occasion, having worn the brand a few times before on the red carpet – most famously last summer when he donned a maroon Gucci suit. Last night he was more subdued, wearing an ink two-button lapel suit with a pale grey shirt and slate grey tie. He completed his look with Bally shoes.

Taylor Lautner: I never quite got the fascination with Taylor until now. The actor looked very dapper wearing a navy blue Alexander McQueen suit. I love the maroon tie which he wore with a pale blue shirt and tan shoes.

Peter Facinelli: The actor was sans tie for the premiere, opting to wear a light blue dotted scarf with his white shirt and navy Roberto Cavalli suit with satin lapels. Peter is totally unrecognizable from his character with his dark hair and brooding good looks. He completed his look with black wing-tip brogues.

Kellan Lutz: The actor who appears to change his hair colour more often than Linda Evangelista donned head-to-toe black Dolce & Gabbana.

Taylor is by far my favourite, followed by Peter.

Credit: Getty

In Meryl Street's Closet - Stella McCartney Oversized Wool Felt Coat

In Meryl Street’s Closet – Stella McCartney Oversized Wool Felt Coat

Chloe Moretz In Suno - 2011 CFDA Vogue/Fashion Fund Awards

Chloe Moretz In Suno – 2011 CFDA Vogue/Fashion Fund Awards

25 Responses to ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1′ LA Premiere Menswear

1. Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 17:38 #

FC, can I tell you how glad I am that you’re NOT featuring Jackson Rathbone? Dude looks like he’s auditioning for a post apocalyptic serial killer (first thought that came to my head when I saw him, doesn’t always make sense XD)

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2011 at 17:42 #

I just put his name in Getty and got the fright of my life

• Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 17:55 #

Right? it’s not just the whole composition of the suit, but it’s the make up as well. I saw a hint of red rimmed eye liner on him. I got shivers in the most terrifying way.

• Parvati November 15, 2011 at 18:57 #

At first, I only saw a thumbnail of him at the premiere and I thought “He’s wearing a red suit, that’s ok, I guess”, then after reading your comment, I looked for more photos and you’re so right, he’s frightening!

• Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 19:39 #

It’s that smirk, if you can even call it that. It’s a psychopathic “I’m gonna get you” evil villain smirk. I don’t know what’s up but I always thought he was lovely in one short lived tv series but he’s morphed into Mr. Hyde.

• Jones19 November 15, 2011 at 20:20 #

I wish Jackson was featured so everyone could see how ridiculous he looks.

• Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 20:47 #

Or give them nightmares? :o

• molly November 15, 2011 at 21:55 #

Oh lord…he is gonna give me nightmares. The smirk makes him look like a serial killer!
      I think he wrote on Twitter or something that he was gonna pull something at the premiere, so I imagine that this was it…

• Jacqu November 15, 2011 at 22:50 #

Well, I’m guessing he’s referring to the outfit because he’s been pulling that smirking serial killer face for a bit now (The latest I can remember was when he was promoting the Last Airbender)

2. Ylenia Castellano November 15, 2011 at 17:39 #

Peter Facinelli. Then far, far away, the rest.

3. Nat39 November 15, 2011 at 17:48 #

Taylor and Peter are actually my 2 least favourite – Taylor`s tan shoes stick out like a sore thumb with the navy suit, and Peter`s jacket is extremely unflattering giving him smaller shoulders and almost womanlike tummy.
    Rob is my fav. with the prefect fit and simple classical colour combo, “subdued” equals more manly in my book.

• vicky November 15, 2011 at 18:06 #

4. dee November 15, 2011 at 18:14 #

I like Peter’s look the most as it is different and seems to fit him. Rob’s looks is nice too but it is predictable. The other two are okay. I don’t really care for Taylor’s shoes with his suit and Kellan is wearing too much black for me.

5. Emmeline November 15, 2011 at 18:52 #

I agree that Taylor looks the best, and Petter looks pretty good too. Kellan would have been better without the vest. Rob looks really boring, like he’s on his way to the office, not a movie premiere.

And I’m shocked not to see Jackson and his crushed velvet suit up here ;)

6. Parvati November 15, 2011 at 18:53 #

Robert Pattinson is my favourite here, followed by Peter Facinelli. Kellan Lutz is OK, but I hate Taylor Lautners’s look.

7. maria November 15, 2011 at 19:24 #

i agree with FC.

Taylor Lautner’s suit is really well fitted and i actually like the tan shoes as a contrast.

I also like Peter second best, though i would have preferred for him to unbutton the jacket.

Robert and Kellan are meh.

• Ylenia Castellano November 15, 2011 at 19:39 #

+1 on R-Patz. He´s the king of meh together with all his female costars. Even Nicki Reed has been affected by the Twighlight curse of uber blandness.

8. debs November 15, 2011 at 19:32 #

Rob’s my favorite here. In HQ you can really see the mix of textures he was working with. And the fit is great. Peter’s too lounge lizard. Taylor’s shoes are bad and I’m not loving the fit of those pants. Kellan is just…no.

9. Jones19 November 15, 2011 at 20:19 #

Taylor’s suits always make him look like he’s about to burst out of them. The fit is a little better this time around and I love the color.

10. Hannah November 15, 2011 at 21:57 #

Peter is easily my favourite, then Taylor, then Robert, who is more boring than usual, then Kellan, who I assume dyes his hair for a film role, because I *think* it is naturally lighter. THANKYOU for not featuring Jackson Rathbone, dear god that was bad, if it wasn’t a dare I am worried.

11. Laura Brice November 15, 2011 at 22:19 #

the boys outdo the girls on this occasion

12. J November 15, 2011 at 22:52 #

I vote for Peter and Kellan 2nd place.

13. Paulo November 15, 2011 at 23:04 #

Ooooh, Peter’s looking good! I don’t like the disconnect between Taylor’s suit and shoes.

14. Jessica November 16, 2011 at 05:38 #

I definitely love taylors suit here. Your right about the contrasting colours.. and i think it works well together & I would put peter in second.

15. hally November 16, 2011 at 07:11 #

none of them can hold a candle to Jackson Rathbone! i can’t believe you missed him FC, he was pretty hard to miss…. and i had previously thought kellan lutz was the only one who wore all the makeup, not so, not so.