Michelle Williams In Erdem – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Premiere

Michelle Williams attended her second New York premiere for her latest movie, ‘My Week With Marilyn’, on Sunday evening.

The actress wore an Erdem Spring 2012 dress.

Her nude spaghetti-strapped dress with intricate embroidered details is sensational, but once again I’m longing for some interesting accessories to take her look up a notch or two.

The beauty is really in the simplicity without question, but a sexy pair of non-black Tabitha Simmons peep-toes would’ve been refreshing.

Instead she opted for Roger Vivier black peep-toes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Get The Look: Kendall Jenner's Vogue Foundation Gala Slick Ponytail

Get The Look: Kendall Jenner’s Vogue Foundation Gala Slick Ponytail

Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte - 2011 MOCA Gala

Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte – 2011 MOCA Gala

30 Responses to Michelle Williams In Erdem – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Premiere

1. Hisadora November 14, 2011 at 14:17 #

From the ankles up she looks pretty fantastic. The black shoes kill this for me.

• maria November 14, 2011 at 15:50 #

i totally agree. Not sure why she picked such a heavy shoe.

• Alina November 15, 2011 at 18:28 #

You’re sooo right.

2. Nat November 14, 2011 at 14:22 #

I was about to say: “She looks so pretty, she does the ethereal look so well!”
    But then I scrolled down and I saw the shoes… :-/

• Emi November 14, 2011 at 16:21 #

Me, too! Why those shoes? Why?!?

3. Jess2 November 14, 2011 at 14:29 #

The dress is so beautiful and I agree completely FC the simplicity is winning but a different colour shoe would have been much better

4. dee November 14, 2011 at 14:34 #

Bland.

5. robbie November 14, 2011 at 14:41 #

the shoes let it down but other than that she looks great.

6. Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 14:44 #

WRONG SHOES. Otherwise, she looks pretty here–I wish she would work with someone to teach her to look more comfortable–she doesn’t have to do the hand on the hip thing, but she always looks awkward.

7. Jess November 14, 2011 at 14:45 #

the shoes are killing me, they stick out like a sore thumb!

8. Amy November 14, 2011 at 15:03 #

She looks lovely (aside from the shoes), but I am sick of seeing her in nude/champagne/beige. She needs some COLOR in her red carpet wardrobe. Remember that gorgeous mustard dress she wore to the Oscars several years ago? More like that, please!

• Parvati November 14, 2011 at 15:21 #

I agree with everything you said. I’m so tired of seeing her in these colours! Every time she attends a public event, I feel like I’m seeing the same outfit over and over again! Plus, in this occasion, the black shoes were a really bad choice.

• Lara November 14, 2011 at 15:52 #

Oh my goodness! Was just about to post the same thing. She looks great, but enough with the same colour palette already!! And it doesn’t help that her hair and make up tend to blend into nude on their own

• Jacqu November 14, 2011 at 15:56 #

I loved that look, from the mustard dress to the bold red lips to her hair, it was divine. I especially loved seeing her on the red carpet on the live telecast and the wind was making her dress flutter. She should really go back to colors, it complements her skin so well.

• Kaylie November 14, 2011 at 16:24 #

I agree! I was just about to type that I feel like I’ve seen her in this dress about a hundred times.

• Emi November 14, 2011 at 16:25 #

I agree with you, completely. I remember her gorgeous gown for the Oscars (and the red lips and the hairdo), when she was there with Heath Ledger… Plus, it’s winter and NY is a cold city… let these spring cute dresses wait for the right season!

• Martin November 15, 2011 at 01:16 #

Totally agree. This dress is obviously beautifully made but it completely lacks energy and personality. Surely Michelle is more interesting than the palette that she keeps giving us on the red carpet. And given that she is regarded as a top Oscar/Globe/SAG contender for her role in “My Week With Marilyn”, I fear that we will be assailed with this blah-ness for many more weeks to come.

9. Amanda November 14, 2011 at 15:35 #

Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove the dress! Hate the shoes!

10. bee7 November 14, 2011 at 15:35 #

boring.

11. D November 14, 2011 at 16:07 #

looking great shoes too heavy :(

12. Emi November 14, 2011 at 16:27 #

I also think that it’s too long, the runway length is better, does anybody know how tall she is? I’ve never understood if she’s short or not.

• Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 16:39 #

She’s pretty short, I remember her being shorter than everyone on Dawson’s Creek.

13. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 16:38 #

Such a pretty gown but the shoes ruin it. Ugh.

14. Thirteen November 14, 2011 at 16:45 #

Love it love it love it, but I agree with everyone else in that I hate the shoe.

15. TeaAtTwo November 14, 2011 at 20:17 #

I find it kind of ironic that one of the most lifeless people on the red carpet is portraying Marilyn Monroe in a movie.

16. Sharon November 14, 2011 at 23:34 #

Michelle’s fallen into the same fashion rut as Eva Longoria. This dress is so similar to others she’s worn lately ahd not nearly as flattering as the de la Renta she wore last week. What little chance the poor pale dress had was killed by heavy shoes. Don’t celebrities go in for full-length mirrors?

• Emi November 15, 2011 at 08:28 #

So true.

17. gurlygurl November 15, 2011 at 01:05 #

I am mad for this look on the runway. It doesn’t seem quite as light and soft on Michelle, possibly lighting and because she’s not moving but it’s still a pretty dress… ruined by very bad shoe choice!!

18. Jackie November 15, 2011 at 06:16 #

I like the shoes! I don’t see any colored shoe working with this so any other neutral color would make this look very one dimensional. I also like the style of this shoe for the dress. I think she looks great!