Meryl Streep In Stella McCartney – The Iron Lady London Photocall

Earlier today Meryl Street was in London for the photocall of her new movie, ‘The Iron Lady’.

I can’t think of a more worthy person to portray Maggie Thatcher.

The American actress opted to wear a British designer for the occasion by selecting a Stella McCartney Fall 2011 look.

An gold foil print dress was paired with a gorgeous oversized Stella McCartney winter warmer.

You can buy Meryl’s snug Stella McCartney felt coat from
Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kristin Davis In Vintage Azzaro - 2011 Hollywood Style Awards

Kristin Davis In Vintage Azzaro – 2011 Hollywood Style Awards

Dasha Zhukova In Azzedine Alaïa - 2011 MOCA Gala

Dasha Zhukova In Azzedine Alaïa – 2011 MOCA Gala

16 Responses to Meryl Streep In Stella McCartney – The Iron Lady London Photocall

1. The Very Simon G November 14, 2011 at 17:17 #

She can’t do anything wrong, Meryl!
    Shows that you don’t need to be a particular age to be able to wear a runway look!!!

2. Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 17:18 #

Love the dress and coat and the hair and makeup, but the hose–nonono

3. AW November 14, 2011 at 17:47 #

I like the clothes and she looks age appropriate but those shoes? Oh honey no.

• Nat39 November 14, 2011 at 18:10 #

big NO for those booties on her

• dee November 14, 2011 at 18:36 #

I agree.

• maria November 14, 2011 at 18:42 #

add me to it. The booties ruin everything. I would have preferred a kneelength boot or pumps.

4. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 14, 2011 at 17:47 #

The dress and coat look good. Hose and shoes are heavy and clunky. I love her work but rarely like her RC style.

5. Elaine November 14, 2011 at 18:02 #

If her role in ‘the devil wears prada’, is anything to go by, she’ll be brilliant as Maggie Thatcher

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2011 at 18:03 #

I can not wait

6. Camellia November 14, 2011 at 18:23 #

The oversized coat is awful on her. Don’t like the hose and shoes either.

7. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 19:05 #

Hate the shoes but love everything else.

8. TeaAtTwo November 14, 2011 at 19:32 #

the dress reminds me a lot of Dries Van Noten.

9. Emi November 14, 2011 at 20:57 #

I don’t like the booties, I agree with Maria, knee-length boots or pumps would have been better. I think that the coat is beautiful but with that dress, black tights and booties… it looks like an overall of a doctor.

10. ramsay November 14, 2011 at 22:30 #

Very approrpriate on all levels: for the event (a photo call), for the location (British designer for a movie about a British politician), for her age etc. Really good! I guess we’ll see a lot of her in the next few months with the upcoming awards season

11. Hannah November 14, 2011 at 23:07 #

I kow I am probably one of the rare few, but I am pleasantly surprised by this look. I thinkthe coat, gorgoeus though it is, in this way looks a little lab-coat ish, and the botos are awful, but as someone who, as I remember, used to go by the julia roberts’ style mantra ‘only black,’ and bigger is better, this is pretty daring. I also adored her Award seasons run the last year she was nominated (2010 I think), so I am hoping seriously for some Chris March involvement here.
    Also, as she seems to get an oscar nomination for every roel she plays, and rightly so, I am very excited for this film!

12. Dhppy November 15, 2011 at 01:53 #

I sort of expect her to produce a beaker and a petri dish and explain how humbled she is to have been nominated for a Nobel for Chemistry.