Menu

Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte – 2011 MOCA Gala

Kirsten Dunst attended the 2011 Museum of Contemporary Art Gala, which was held on Saturday night in LA.

The actress is the first to wear a look from the Rodarte Spring 2012 collection.

This is no surprise to any of us considering she’s long been the muse to Kate and Laura Mulleavy.

The relationship has been a long and successful one, but I’m on the fence on this occasion.

I usually find it hard to warm to shapeless dresses, but this aqua tulle strapless empire gown with its metallic navy swirl embroidery has me intrigued.

I think I’m blinded by how beautiful Kirsten is with her flawless makeup and 40s hairstyle.

A black Chanel bow-accented clutch, diamond floral earrings, and matching diamond bracelet completed her look.

Are you on the fence like me? Or do you love it or hate it?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Michelle Williams In Erdem - ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Premiere

Michelle Williams In Erdem – ‘My Week With Marilyn’ New York Premiere

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich - 2011 Governors Awards Dinner

Evan Rachel Wood In Alessandra Rich – 2011 Governors Awards Dinner

28 Responses to Kirsten Dunst In Rodarte – 2011 MOCA Gala

1. Nikki November 15, 2011 at 20:05 #

This is a NO. The dress looks cheap and outdated. And yes Kirsten is beautiful, but her face is saying “yep i know its a crappy choice.”

2. Alina November 15, 2011 at 18:27 #

On the fence.

3. dave November 15, 2011 at 08:27 #

Nope, I love Kirsten Dunst, but this is something that pregnant Jessica Alba would wear.. in her nineties

4. Jackie November 15, 2011 at 05:56 #

On the fence about this, too.

She looks so freaking good from the neck up that it kind of saves the rest of her from looking bad — not that I hate the dress because I don’t… I find it to be interesting. Her hair and make up is seriously stunning!

I pretty much agree with you, FC.

5. Nora November 15, 2011 at 00:27 #

I like it but I wish she had gone with either Look 34 or 35 from the same collection. Those would have been stunning!

6. Jeremy November 14, 2011 at 23:35 #

This is Rodarte? And Anna Wintour compared them to Alexander McQueen. What has happened to the most innovative designer of America?

• Mick November 15, 2011 at 09:07 #

Agreed, I’m the biggest Rodarte fan, but I hated this whole collection, apart from 1 or 2 pieces. This dress is like a huge curtain and does nothing for her.

7. Sharon November 14, 2011 at 23:29 #

I think the dress would have been better saved for pregnant Jennifer Garner. She said that Rachel Zoe won’t let her wear maternity dresses this time around, so this dress would be perfect.

8. Sam November 14, 2011 at 20:34 #

Absolutely love it! The colour is heaven on her, and the hair and makeup top the look off perfectly. This is shapeless done right!

9. Carmen SanDiego November 14, 2011 at 20:30 #

I think I’m with you. She looks great. Venue may be the problem. A Film Festival (bright, sunshiny) photocall … sensational. A Gala … too casual.

10. Nat39 November 14, 2011 at 18:25 #

I could`ve been totally sold on this look (it does work for her beautifully) if the dress was actually her size – it`s simply too big/long for her, and without that clutch (it`s not working with the dress at all).

11. Carolina November 14, 2011 at 18:18 #

She is overwhelmed with the amount of fabric. Not a fan of this look at all.

12. Taylor November 14, 2011 at 17:06 #

Love everything about this look

13. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 16:37 #

I love it! The blue color is beautiful.

14. Emi November 14, 2011 at 16:31 #

I’m on the fence, like you, FC. I don’t know if I like it, I agree with Parvati, she looks a bit pregnant. Plus, I like her make up, but it’s a bit too glowing.

15. Mol November 14, 2011 at 16:29 #

Her posture and pose in this photo aren’t helping the dress so I’m on the fence.

16. maria November 14, 2011 at 15:53 #

i love this. It’s a great colour and a different silhouette and she knows how to pull it off. Maybe on somebody else it would not have wowed me.
    I also believe that this dress is probably wonderful in motion, it looks so soft and flowy.

17. Jacqu November 14, 2011 at 15:52 #

It’s Kiki, so I’m immediately on the side of I love it. I think the photos composition is what throws me off to not liking it. The backdrop of black logos on white is taking away the pleasure of seeing her in this dress. She’s beautiful, no doubt about it, and the dress is really intriguing

18. Parvati November 14, 2011 at 15:27 #

I’m on the fence, as well. I like the colours and the design, but I think it makes Kirsten look like she’s concealing a baby bump.

19. Lara November 14, 2011 at 15:19 #

Somehow, I love it… but I can understand anyone who is on the fence.

20. Joy November 14, 2011 at 15:14 #

Even though I always ADORE Kirsten on the redcarpet, I find this look not one of my favs. I don’t think I like the shapelessness on her. Also, the color & the way the lace tiers sit is really bad. Kirsten is still gorgous!

21. The Dame November 14, 2011 at 15:08 #

This looks like the curtains from a cheap whore’s bedroom…

22. Hannah November 14, 2011 at 14:44 #

I’m on the fence. I think that the hair nad makeup adn the dress are too conflicting. The dress calls for a modern, somewhat bold but still clean hair and amekup look. However, I adore her hair and makeu, it would ahve been stunning with alsmsot anythign else, but not this dress. I do, however, prefer the dress on ehr than the runway, but I still think someone tall, like Jaime King, to have pulled it off. better posture would have helped immenseley too.

23. Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 14:40 #

i actually really like it, and I usually don’t favor the lingerie looks. The fall of the tiers is quite lovely, especially if you see it from a side angle. She looks stunning.

• Jess2 November 15, 2011 at 05:08 #

+1 – I absolutely adore this 🙂

24. dee November 14, 2011 at 14:35 #

I am not totally sold is what I meant to say.

25. dee November 14, 2011 at 14:35 #

I am totally sold on this look. This dress is okay at best.