14.11.11

Andrea Riseborough In Dolce & Gabbana – Hollywood Style Awards

Andrea Riseborough put the ‘Style’ into the Hollywood Style Awards on the red carpet in LA last night.

The British actress looked heavenly wearing a Dolce & Gabbana gown.

Her pretty pink strapless tulle puffy gown with floral embroidery was teamed with matching pink shimmering ankle-strap peep-toes.

Every time I see Andrea she looks totally different.

This time she’s working a very chic updo, the master of all updos if you will.

Frosty pink lips and luscious lashes gave her look a beautiful, dramatic feel.

This may be too sugary for some, but I have a very sweet tooth so I’m in heaven.

Credit: INFPhoto & Getty

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture - 2011 MOCA Gala

Dita von Teese In Jean Paul Gaultier Couture – 2011 MOCA Gala

Jaime King In Oscar de la Renta - 2011 MOCA Gala

Jaime King In Oscar de la Renta – 2011 MOCA Gala

28 Responses to Andrea Riseborough In Dolce & Gabbana – Hollywood Style Awards

1. Hannah November 14, 2011 at 15:45 #

Thsi is just too sugary sweet for me, and I feel like a belt of sorts and pulling it up a bit would have made it loka little better. Also, I cannot do anythign but imagine this dress with the louboutin marie antoinette peep toes. Her eyemakeup is muc himproved though.

2. Erini November 14, 2011 at 15:46 #

I am in heaven too…..breathtaking!

3. Jacqu November 14, 2011 at 15:49 #

I wish she had a rosier lip color as it tends to blend in too well with her face (though it could be my monitor’s fault). It’s very poofy and I wish the waist was cinched in a bit more or the bodice hiked up. I don’t know. I certainly appreciate it but I can’t say I’m head over heels seeing it.

4. Jess November 14, 2011 at 15:55 #

kind of too ‘prom-night’….and it feels pretty dated.

• Moxie November 14, 2011 at 20:28 #

I agree. Very 1950’s prom night.

5. maria November 14, 2011 at 16:02 #

it’s gorgeous but it has to be pulled up more. It hangs a bit sack-like on her.
    I adore the accessories.

I also have to agree that she looks different every time. I could not pick her out in a line up, that’s for sure.

• Fashion Critic November 14, 2011 at 16:04 #

I would never pick her out either.

Thank god the agencies add names to pictures

6. Emi November 14, 2011 at 16:09 #

I think that a belt would have added something to the dress, or maybe her waistline should have been more defined by the fit of the dress. A piece of jewelry would have been nice. I like the hair (of course, so chic) but I think that her lipstick is too pale.

7. robbie November 14, 2011 at 16:14 #

the dress is butt ugly. it looks more like betsey johnson and dolce & gabbana.

8. Rebecca Z November 14, 2011 at 16:30 #

I think this is an adorable confection–love the length with this skirt. A necklace or dangling earrings could have added a little sophistication, though the hair is quite sophisticated. I don’t disagree with the other comments, but I do find this a fun and interesting look.

• Camellia November 14, 2011 at 18:28 #

• laura D November 14, 2011 at 21:49 #

A little pearl choker would have been perfection

9. Jones19 November 14, 2011 at 16:32 #

The skirt is a little too full for me to like this, it’s so big that she looks like a caricature.

• dee November 14, 2011 at 16:55 #

I agree. Too much dress.

10. Erin November 14, 2011 at 16:34 #

I think the length is kind of awkward and the dress makes her look thicker around the waist than she is. On the plus side, her makeup looks flawless.

11. NooG November 14, 2011 at 17:15 #

BDOTW worthy!

12. Nat39 November 14, 2011 at 17:52 #

What takes this look from possibly “beautiful dramatic” and straight into the carbs. overload zone is her princessy sweet sparkly pink pumps, it`s just too much, someone give me a glass of water, please. Plus, the overwhelmingly puffy skirt, unflattering top, and overly pale lips – not working.

13. TeaAtTwo November 14, 2011 at 20:03 #

I LOVE the hair. I wish we would see more big chic updos on red carpet like the styles Joan in madmen sports.

14. Carmen SanDiego November 14, 2011 at 20:05 #

you have a sweet tooth … I have diabetes looking a this. Makes me want to take my god-daughter to Disneyland, the only place a gown like this belongs.

15. A November 14, 2011 at 21:18 #

The dress is cute, but is it just me or is it standing a bit too low on her bust? I feel like lifting it up a bit.

16. laura D November 14, 2011 at 21:48 #

I love it when a woman can pull off sugary sweet, and the volume of the dress is what makes it work for me, and not just be a retro-50s costume.

And the hair is perfection.

17. Sea November 14, 2011 at 22:12 #

she isn’t too well known nationally here (yet) in the States, but i love her so much! she has such a pretty face and her style is amazing!

18. Sharon November 14, 2011 at 23:10 #

Barbra Streisand in an Audrey Hepburn dress! A typical Barbra hair style and silhouette head shot, and Audrey wore so many dresses with this style and length. It’s a definite mid-century prom dress and I love it! I think it’s got just the right amount of sugar for a BDOTW.

• gurlygurl November 15, 2011 at 01:01 #

LOL… “Barbra Streisand in an Audrey dress”!! Very much so. I am quite loving it!! I would have liked to have seen a little more color on her lips and the dress slightly shorter to make this absolute perfection for me. The dress is stunning, love the color and scalloped hem. Loving the matching shoe and the dark nail polish as well. Tres Chic. BDOTW worthy.

19. Alina November 15, 2011 at 18:24 #

Looove !

20. Nadine November 15, 2011 at 22:03 #

It’s a pretty diversion, like a lavender candy.

21. Shaina November 16, 2011 at 01:50 #

I seriously thought she was Shailene Woodley. I was like…”did FC get her name wrong?” Lol. Love this gown though, beautiful, glad she didnt overload on accessories.