It’s ironic how we have two stars who apparently aren’t that interested in fashion wearing the same gown.

Angelina Jolie was the first to wear this Jenny Packham red gown to the LA premiere of ‘The Tree of Life’ back in early spring.

Her one-shoulder silk-chiffon gown with a velvet ribbon is in her current favourite red carpet colour: red.

Unlike most stars who wear a beautiful gown on the red carpet, Angelina opted for barely-there makeup whilst allowing her natural tresses to fall down one shoulder.

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge wore the same dress last night whilst hosting a charity dinner at St James’s Palace in London, in aid of the National Memorial Arboretum Appeal.

She opted for the silver version of the same dress, with a matching satin ribbon.

The duchess opted for considerably more makeup than Ange, plus she added silver jewels.

For the colour alone, Ange wins for me.

You can buy Angelina Jolie’s red version of this
Jenny Packham gown from Stylebop.com.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe - World Cup Opening Ceremony

Jennifer Lopez In Charbel Zoe – World Cup Opening Ceremony

Demi Lovato In Roland Mouret - 2011 Latin Grammy Awards

Demi Lovato In Roland Mouret – 2011 Latin Grammy Awards

31 Responses to Who Wore Jenny Packham Better? Angelina Jolie or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

1. Maz November 11, 2011 at 14:06 #

…it doesn’t do anything for either of them…I love Jenny Packham but I’m thinking I have to blame the gown in this case…

• couturecoco November 11, 2011 at 14:30 #

• Linda November 11, 2011 at 16:41 #

I was thinking the same thing, however, I’m not sure the gown is to blame, it just doesn’t suit them.

2. Jelena November 11, 2011 at 14:24 #

I couldn’t imagine that I will ever vote for Angelina and her clothing style. She looks way better than Cathrine.

3. hauteness November 11, 2011 at 14:32 #

I think fit is more flattering on Catherine. This dress does nothing for Ang’s boyish figure :-/

• lauren November 13, 2011 at 19:11 #

agreed!!

4. Molly November 11, 2011 at 14:33 #

You’re right, it doesn’t really showcase either of them, but Kate at least looks regal and statuesque – Angelina somehow makes it look frumpy although I do prefer the color. Kate just looks more comfortable and happy overall, and that shows through in how she wears the gown.

5. Vidhya November 11, 2011 at 14:33 #

i would say neither.. both are so blah..

6. Giuseppi Giraffe November 11, 2011 at 14:36 #

I think Catherine looks splendid in this, but it doesn’t do anything on AJ- it’s just kinda shapeless.

7. Verena Hafner - musings of a fashion stylist November 11, 2011 at 14:57 #

Not only do both pretend not to be into fashion that much, they’re both skinny as hell…

AJ wins for me. I prefer how the skirt falls on her (straight), the colour suits her better than Kate suits the Silver and that one sleeve doesn’t look so huge and overwhelming on her.

• yourockmyworld November 11, 2011 at 16:39 #

“they’re both skinny as hell…” TRUE

8. Jen November 11, 2011 at 15:13 #

Catherine carries herself better. It looks too big on Angelina, as well.

9. robbie November 11, 2011 at 15:17 #

catherine for me, angelina in all honesty just looks dead.

10. alicia November 11, 2011 at 15:17 #

catherine’s fit is better, but angie chose the better color. the dress overall is still meh…

11. noo November 11, 2011 at 15:22 #

i don’t like the dress on either to be honest, and while i hated catherine’s hairstyle i loved her diamond earrings so i picked her :D

12. Emmeline November 11, 2011 at 15:53 #

I actually voted for Catherine, even though I wasn’t crazy about it on her. Angelina just looks so sloppy.

• Linda November 11, 2011 at 16:43 #

I thought the same thing, a little sloppy on AJ, but her red colour is way better.

13. Juliana November 11, 2011 at 16:57 #

I find the cut and Catherine’s colour go better together, not to mention AJ’s looks very ill-fitted. She doesn’t seem to be having any fun or any kind of “looking pretty” in the dress, either.

14. justme November 11, 2011 at 17:07 #

Angelina for the colour and the make-up.

15. ingrid November 11, 2011 at 17:13 #

i’m sorry, but angelina looks like a skull in that picture!

16. Hannah November 11, 2011 at 19:51 #

For the not-scary eyeliner I am going with Angelina. Also, I love that she wore colour.

17. Stinalotta November 11, 2011 at 20:32 #

I wouldn’t even have recognized that this was the same dress to be honest.

I think Catherine looks amazing, the color is great on her, the dress fits and she just looks very statuesque and elegant in this.

Angelina might have the better color, but the dress doesn’t seem to fit her right, it is too big at the top and imo makes her look quite stumpy. Catherine’s legs are elongated by the dress, Angelina’s lose a few inches. I also don’t like her hair, so, Catherine, hands down.

18. Elle November 11, 2011 at 21:34 #

The Duchess looks statuesque and regal. Angie is a gorgeous lady, but this is way too baggy and ill-fitting. I usually adore everything Angie wears since it’s simple, yet tailored. It looks like she lost a substantial amount of weight, therefore, making her rail thin and not as curvy as we’ve seen her silhouette-wise. It almost makes her look shorter and as if she’s drowning in the material. I like the color on Angie’s dress and the fit/styling of the Duchess.

19. Mhairi November 11, 2011 at 21:40 #

Catherine is interested in fashion – she had a job in fashion

20. Elaine2 November 12, 2011 at 01:17 #

LOL……….I think the dress looks hideous on both of them, but for different reasons.

21. Jess2 November 12, 2011 at 03:14 #

I’ve chosen Ange because I love the colour much more and it looks really good one her. Also I like her choice of minimal makeup. They both look really beautiful but I feel the Duchess went for a predictable look and predictable colour as well as predictable makeup. This was hard because there are pros and cons for each.

22. Marg November 12, 2011 at 11:21 #

Ange’s colour was better but Catherine’s diamonds won the vote.

23. pam November 12, 2011 at 23:48 #

I actually prefer the silver color.