Maggie Gyllenhaal In Giorgio Armani – Armani Hotel Milano Opening

Maggie Gyllenhaal joined Jessica Alba to help Giorgio Armani celebrate the opening of Armani Hotel Milano in Italy last night.

The actress selected a Giorgio Armani Fall 2011 strapless dress with a bubble hemline.

Her floral embroidered dress was made that much more interesting with the addition of a black fur scarf.

I love the addition of the black leather belt. No doubt those of you on bump watch will be thinking that the silhouette might be concealing something and the placement of the belt telling.

I adore the matching pumps; they are a great way to perfect this beautiful look.

A simple bun and vivid red lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Celebrities Love...Antonio Berardi

Celebrities Love…Antonio Berardi

Dolce & Gabbana Take Seoul and Shanghai

Dolce & Gabbana Take Seoul and Shanghai

13 Responses to Maggie Gyllenhaal In Giorgio Armani – Armani Hotel Milano Opening

1. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 11, 2011 at 18:12 #

I never really get why Maggie is revered for her style. She looks to me like she is wearing a Holiday Hefty bag. The fur looks drab and droopy to me.

2. Rebecca Z November 11, 2011 at 18:14 #

For once, I really like her look. I think the belt is critical to the success of the look on her, especially with the addition of the fur piece. Love the dress from the back. I don’t love the shoes, but I can live with them.

3. maria November 11, 2011 at 18:25 #

love the addition of the belt, do not like the scarf. Too busy for me.
    agree about the shoes.

• Jess2 November 12, 2011 at 04:10 #

+1, I completely agree Maria!

4. Paulo November 11, 2011 at 19:04 #

Maggie’s totally rocking the dress, major improvement compared to the runway.

5. noo November 11, 2011 at 19:06 #

i never liked anything maggie has worn and this is no exception! the scarf is not doing anything for her and i would have liked it more if her hair was down!

6. Emi November 11, 2011 at 20:01 #

I don’t consider her particularly stylish, and I think that this is ugly and unflattering. The fur scarf does nothing for her, I agree with noo, the dress, sorry King Giorgio, is ugly and I really dislike her hair, quite messy. A big miss, for me.

7. Marybeth November 11, 2011 at 20:56 #

Not bad.. Far better than the usual Maggie look.
    It helps that she is wearing a bra and standing up straight for a change.

8. Laura Brice November 11, 2011 at 22:06 #

what is going on with that scarf? with the volume of the dress she really needs to be showing off her shoulders

9. Andrew Mead Taylor November 11, 2011 at 22:09 #

Really fabulous, Some inventive styling here which, combined with her skin, really makes her look beyond fabulous. It is worth mentioning that the styling for Peter makes him less of an appendage and more of a real partner. Kudos to you all at Armani.

10. Parvati November 12, 2011 at 00:47 #

This is terrible. I don’t like the dress (although I think it looks better with a belt on her than on the model) and I especially dislike the shoes.

11. DARIA November 12, 2011 at 05:27 #

I think Maggie looks stunning….this dress is very over the top Fabulous and it takes someone as Chic as Maggie to pull it off, which she does. I love the look. Hats off to the stylist for taking a risk here and nailing it!

12. Beth November 15, 2011 at 17:54 #

I think Maggie looks amazing and very chic. She is able to pull off this look effortlessly. I love the way the accessories makes the outft hers and not the runway look…good job to her stylist.