Gwyneth Paltrow In Elie Saab – 2011 Bambi Awards

Gwyneth Paltrow attended the 2011 Bambi Awards in Wiesbaden, Germany on tonight.

I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to end the day than with a bit of Elie magic.

It’s been thirty-six days (yes I have been counting), so I’m thrilled to finally see a look from the Elie Saab Spring 2012 collection grace the red carpet.

Gwynie looks sensational wearing this emerald-green fully sequined (quivering) cap-sleeve gown with a plunging neckline.

I have to admit that the necklace is killing me, but I’m just about managing to photoshop it out of my mind.

Why wear a bedazzling necklace, with a fully bedazzled gown with a plunging neckline?

A ring by Annoushka completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Freida Pinto In Michael Angel - 'Extra' With Mario Lopez

Freida Pinto In Michael Angel – ‘Extra’ With Mario Lopez

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 CMA Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The 2011 CMA Awards?

50 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow In Elie Saab – 2011 Bambi Awards

1. Tania November 11, 2011 at 00:39 #

The necklace isn’t working for me either but apart from that I love this it’s my 3 favourites green, sparkly and Elie Saab!

• Elle November 11, 2011 at 21:51 #

I concur. Her complexion and blonde hair make this dress POP!

2. Parvati November 11, 2011 at 00:42 #

Wow… Just WOW! This is an amazing gown! She looks beautiful in it, so it’s a pitty that she chose this necklace… The moment I saw it, I imagined your reaction, FC! Seriously, what was she thinking? Despite that, she definitely deserves a place in the BDOTW poll!

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 00:49 #

I died a little inside, but the gown is so vibrant. Just as vibrant as it was on the runway

3. molly November 11, 2011 at 00:43 #

Nice dress? Check
    Boring hair? Check
    That little thing to ruin the entire look? Check
    It looks like Gwynnie is back to her usual self. Its too bad that someone who has more presence didnt wear this.

• Sally November 11, 2011 at 04:15 #

lol! but, so true.

4. rachael November 11, 2011 at 00:53 #

I totally agree. I am trying so hard to love this look but that necklace is just killing me. She looks fantastic though.

5. bee7 November 11, 2011 at 00:54 #

Why does she style her hair the same everytime? It is really not working, especially with this dress.

6. bec November 11, 2011 at 00:59 #

Ahhhhhh FC, when I saw the small thumbnail of this pic on my Facebook news feed my heart skipped a beat! Then I saw the big picture and the necklace and I died a little on the inside too :( :(

This dress was in my top 10 of the season, I’m a huge fan of green and love seeing it on the red carpet :) :)

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 01:16 #

Have you seen the Zoe Saldana Elie Saab look I just posted?

• bec November 11, 2011 at 01:37 #

I just saw it now! Much better! :) :)

Is it just me, or do other girls pick dresses that they would hypothetically wear if they we’re doing a promo tour? Lol, this was one of them for me! haha!

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 02:02 #

i agree much better :D

• TeaAtTwo November 11, 2011 at 03:11 #

No bec – I too have an ever revolving fantasy celebrity wardrobe. :)

7. Nikki November 11, 2011 at 01:06 #

I think it is only the dress alone that makes this photo. Her hair color and that necklace don’t go with the dress at all. But the dress is so stunning you can practically crop out Gwyneth’s face and it still wins.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 01:16 #

lol @ “the dress is so stunning you can practically crop out Gwyneth’s face and it still wins.”

8. ramsay November 11, 2011 at 01:07 #

She’s clearly stepping out of her comfort zone – with that strong colour, full-on sequin – I like it and I also like the necklace with it

9. Hannah November 11, 2011 at 01:10 #

This is so beautiful, it is such an intereting (ad dare I say festive) shade of green. I am not a fan of the necklace either, I thinkthe shape more than anything, because a longer neckalce to accentuate the neckline not contradict it would have been better, but even better than that would have been to do what she did at the oscars and wear beautiful but not OTT earrings. It feels liek a waste of a gorgeous gown and a gorgeous necklace.
    I have been counting too! The back detail is divine.

10. Jen November 11, 2011 at 01:13 #

I completely agree!

11. Penny November 11, 2011 at 01:27 #

Stunning. We can’t deny the fact that Gwyneth knows how to work the red carpet with such ease. Such a scene-stealer!

12. shaphalf November 11, 2011 at 01:29 #

I honestly don’t mind the necklace. I think she looks great.

13. Linda November 11, 2011 at 01:42 #

Gorgeous, gorgeous gown, perfection except for the necklace.

14. Raquel November 11, 2011 at 01:45 #

Heh, don’t shoot me, but as much as I like the dress, Gwiyneth is just meh. The choker is atrocious – a.t.r.o.c.i.u.s -, the hair is a disaster and her posture went missing in acting somewhere along the red carpet.

So much spark and such a neckline needs someone who can own this dress, this look and she cannot. Iman, Gwen Stefani, JLo, not Gwyneth, who, by the way, always looks better and much more fierce in short dresses and sky high heels.

15. Raquel November 11, 2011 at 01:52 #

Ops, I meant a.t.r.o.c.i.o.u.s.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 01:55 #

lol ;)

16. gurlygurl November 11, 2011 at 01:52 #

Stunning dress… it reminds me of Christmas too. I love that the deep V neckline is still classy and the belted waist is so sweet but that necklace is an eyesore. It keeps catching my eye!! I would have loved to have seen an old Hollywood hairstyle on Gwyneth with this dress to make the whole look more cohesive.

17. mari November 11, 2011 at 04:15 #

she can afford to wear plunging nicklines and not look trashy, but… maybe is the bony chest, I don’t know…. I love green dresses, Elie saab is GREAT, but something here is missing. In comparison I just love the Zoe Saldaña dress. both thin tall girls, but in m mind Zoe beats Gwyn in appeal, style and glamour even when GP is a seasoned pro in the red carpet. Maybe I just cannot get over her bad posture.

18. b November 11, 2011 at 06:28 #

As much as I love Gwyneth, the hair and the necklace just scream NO to me.

She should have put a little effort into wearing this gorgeous gown and fired her hair stylist already.

19. Jess2 November 11, 2011 at 06:49 #

gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, I too have mentally photoshopped out the necklace but the dress is phenomenal and looks amazing on her!!

20. Sea November 11, 2011 at 07:06 #

the necklace is so distracting!

21. Vicky November 11, 2011 at 07:14 #

Love both dresses! But it’s a tie between the girls.
    None of them really comes up to godess-level for me.

Minus to Gwyneth for adding the necklace.
    Minus to Zoe for her facial expression. Her face looks too gaunt, IMO, it’s not the same fresh faced girl that wowed us during award season.

22. roxana November 11, 2011 at 07:32 #

perfect!

23. feileacangirl November 11, 2011 at 07:56 #

sans the necklace, everything else works! she’s gorgeous.

i’ve got to agree with Vicky’s aforementioned comment. Methink, Zoe’s facial expression’s too blah.

Mrs. Martin for me!

24. A November 11, 2011 at 09:20 #

Not the biggest fan of the necklace either, but I still somehow totally love this look. I also saw the pictures of her presenting on stage, and my girl is totally working it.

25. Manuel November 11, 2011 at 09:53 #

High ponytail missing Paltrow? Check
    Bling Bling alert Paltrow? Check
    Wow 80s green glamour dress Paltrow? Chiching!

26. D November 11, 2011 at 10:03 #

stunning but wrong necklace and boring hair!!!

27. jovi November 11, 2011 at 10:53 #

The dress is perfection and she looks beautiful!
    If I would take off the neklace? Yes.
    If it ruins the look? No.

28. Mary Gatto November 11, 2011 at 11:15 #

OMG! I want to marry that dress and have his green bedazzling kids!

29. Beatrice November 11, 2011 at 11:53 #

i adore it with the diamond necklace….i read online it’s by Adler in white gold….and not silver!

She looks stunning!!

30. Beatrice November 11, 2011 at 11:56 #

I adore it with the diamond necklace! I read online that the necklace is in white gold…not silver!

She looks stunning!!!

31. Pati November 11, 2011 at 12:31 #

I love the dress, but absolutely HATE the necklace with it! It ruins the look for me. And not to mention her boring hair…. she´s a stunning woman, but with no imagination when it comes to hair department…. These sleek locks have been around for far too long….

32. Alina November 11, 2011 at 13:10 #

I don’t like it. The dress is glitters, but the whole look doesn’t shine.

33. dee November 11, 2011 at 13:25 #

Great gown on wrong person. I wish someone else had worn this. She totally kills it withthe necklace, so unnecessary.

34. NYChic1114 November 11, 2011 at 16:51 #

Since seeing pictures from the runway earlier in the year, I couldn’t wait to see this dress on the red carpet. I am pretty disappointed in the outcome….the dress is beyond STUNNING. Yes, it does fit her body great, but the necklace is a total overkill and I just don’t think it goes well with her hair color. I wish someone with red hair (or least reddish toes) wore this dress instead. Otherwise based on the dress alone cropping out the neck up I’d say CLEARLY best dressed!

35. dunzoo November 11, 2011 at 18:09 #

dress looks kinda cheep christmas tree on gwyneth.. plus the v necline does nothing for her bony chest.. hair + make up look very bad.. her skin looks weird, maybe too muchsun exposure/botox ?

36. Hisadora November 12, 2011 at 00:56 #

The necklace is also killing me… but the dress doesn’t stop from being amazing.

37. Elaine2 November 12, 2011 at 01:31 #

The vee neckline is way too plunging. I really hate all the exposure of that neckline.

38. Femme November 12, 2011 at 15:35 #

agree, the necklace looks out of place. I’m guessing the she’s getting paid to wear that necklace just like she did with the LV jewelry for the oscars

39. Emily November 13, 2011 at 04:32 #

the necklace just looks soooooo out of place

40. sherry November 13, 2011 at 22:46 #

She looks like mangy compared to the classic beauty of legendary actresses.