11.11.11

Dolce & Gabbana Take Seoul and Shanghai

Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana celebrated their first visit to Korea with a cocktail party in the Seoul Dolce & Gabbana boutique this week.

They continued their trip by visiting Shanghai where they hosted an ‘Express Yourself‘ party at the Dolce & Gabbana boutique with Franca Sozzani, the Vogue Italia Editor-In-Chief.

Many local celebrities welcomed the designers wearing their finest Dolce frocks.

Luo Zi Lin: The model is the third person to wear this Dolce & Gabbana metallic paillette-embellished dress, but it’s still a delight to see it on the red carpet, especially when she wore it best with those gorgeous strappy black sandals.

Bonnie Chen: We haven’t seen this gold star-print Dolce & Gabbana Fall 2011 gold dress on the red carpet, but we have seen it many times on the cover of magazines and in editorials. The star strikes a fierce pose wearing Dolce & Gabbana star cut-out heels to match her dress. I have been eyeing up these pumps in yellow on Net-A-Porter.com.

Jiang Yi Yan: The star opted for a sweeter approach by wearing a gorgeous floral-print gown which was accented with a bejewelled waistband.

Credit: Courtesy of Dolce & Gabbana

Best Dressed Of The Week - Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Best Dressed Of The Week – Jessica Alba in Houghton & Osman, Chloe Grace Moretz In Simone Rocha, Damon Wayans Jr. In Dolce & Gabbana & Daniel Radcliffe In Raf Simons

Andrea Riseborough In Dolce & Gabbana - Hollywood Style Awards

Andrea Riseborough In Dolce & Gabbana – Hollywood Style Awards

42 Responses to Dolce & Gabbana Take Seoul and Shanghai

1. Shaina November 11, 2011 at 19:09 #

I just about died at Bonnie’s dress. I love how unique it is! And Jiang Yi looks breathtaking!

2. GusMex November 11, 2011 at 19:20 #

Luo Zi Lin looks like she where there naked and her body was covered with glitter, just great!!!!

3. ondam November 11, 2011 at 19:42 #

How come asian stars look so great??It’s not even fair..All three of them look flawless;my personal favourite though would be Bonnie Chen. She looks fierce!

• Lee November 11, 2011 at 21:42 #

I have been to Asia many times. They look that good in real life and they never age; they never get fat and dress so chic. Their magazines are the best in the world and they have thousands of fashion magazines.

You should see Fan Bing Bing on the cover of China Harpers Nov 2011. It is THE best cover in history.

• Lee November 11, 2011 at 21:48 #

Their Cosmo versus our cosmo…….makes you cry at how cry amazing they look. Ttal package, from poreless, ageless skin; perfect natural looking dewy makeup, shiny dark natural hair, slim bodies, amazing haute couture style.

Even their air hostesses on dragon air, eva air and other asian airlines look like young, slim dewy movie stars.

You should have seen Hong Kong Elle with Zhou Xun on the front cover…..I cannot describe how amazing the was – even the way pose in their magazines.

• Sea November 12, 2011 at 08:44 #

somehow i feel people here are just more lenient on asian celebs. or maybe b/c westerners just can’t tell. a number of caucasians have said to me that they think all asians look the same. :P

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2011 at 12:45 #

I don’t believe people are more lenient.

Maybe it a case of the Asian stars being a breath of fresh air and the fact that you are able to view them solely on their appearance and not their back story like most western celebs

4. Linda November 11, 2011 at 19:44 #

All three ladies look AMAZING…

• Marybeth November 11, 2011 at 20:50 #

FC, thanks again for including Asian events in your coverage!

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 21:16 #

My pleasure x

• Alina November 12, 2011 at 10:32 #

I agree 100%.

5. mol November 11, 2011 at 20:18 #

I love all three, but Luo Zi Lin really nails it – beyond gorgeous!

• Lee November 11, 2011 at 21:50 #

She should have won the miss universe. I thought she would, the girl who won was ugly. This Chinese girl will get the face of Loreal China and all top covers in Asia and break into the west as a model anyway. She will be the real winner

• CreoleLady November 13, 2011 at 00:33 #

Wait a minute, are you saying that Miss Angola, who won Miss Universe in Brazil this year, is ugly? I’m just trying to clarify here.

• Lee November 13, 2011 at 18:50 #

• CreoleLady November 13, 2011 at 22:26 #

Fortunately for Leila Lopes, Miss Universe 2011, the judges, the audience, her country or her fans do not share your opinion — and neither do I.

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 15:53 #

OK.

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 15:55 #

No need to get angry. The chinese girl is beautiful and will go far. We are talking about her…..no one is talking about the girl who won.

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 16:01 #

This thread is about these stunning , stylish Chinese women…. What does Miss Universe have to do with? I like who I like. I like the beauty and style of Miss China, hence why she is the one who is on this site…..Everyone agrees, as the comments prove.

Miss China is more than just miss Universe contestant….she can be the new Fan Bing Bing or Ash Rai. She is beautiful….and she can dress.

Thanks FC for featuring my Asian ladies, cannot wait to see what Luo Zin Lin will wear next.

Give the gal a chinese vogue cover …..NOW!

• CreoleLady November 14, 2011 at 18:44 #

You ask what Miss Universe has to do with this thread. LMAO. You first brought up the pageant, saying your favorite should have won and that the winner is ugly. I responded. Thanks for the chuckle, though.

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 19:23 #

I am glad You loved the chuckle. I did too, not as much As Luo Zi Lin amazing haute couture beauty….which will take her to the top – she is nearly there….FC has featured her on her influential fashion blog and we are still talking about her.

LOL

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 19:24 #

Lou Zi Lin looks amazing in her Dolce and Gabbana dress…right?

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 19:29 #

Lou Zi Lin is on the FC site, not miss Anglola .

LMAO

6. P November 11, 2011 at 20:53 #

those dolce & gabanna dresses are very popular at the moment but somehow they look absolutely stunning, even the floral dress which isn’t normally something i’d find interesting looks amazing. comparing this to all carrie underwood’s outfit changes which were totally forgettable, i guess there’s just something about korean girls!

• Elle November 11, 2011 at 21:21 #

They’re all Chinese, but I agree with you!:) Korean gals look amazing too, although they are more boring on the red carpet from what I’ve seen at the Busan Film Festival and Gold Disk Awards from the past etc….

• jja November 17, 2011 at 06:26 #

The nearly topless and boob popping dresses worn by a number of Korean actresses at the Busan festival was indeed getting boring and predictable..

• K November 11, 2011 at 22:17 #

lol, these are chinese girls.

• chisyelda Tan November 12, 2011 at 03:17 #

except they’re chinese

• J November 12, 2011 at 05:27 #

These ladies are actually chinese ^__^

7. Elle November 11, 2011 at 21:19 #

Holler! Representing for my fellow Asians! Haha. Ok, anyway, Miss China looks out of this world amazing and smouldering. Bonnie looks so put together and striking. The styling is awesome. I really like the sweet and demure look of the 3rd gown on Jiang. I never heard of the last 2 girls, but it’s nice to see some international stars from Asia. Thanks for showing them. Can’t wait to see more from there!

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 16:15 #

You have some stunning gals from your country. I have just cone back from China. Is there something in the water to make you look that good?

Lou Zi Lin is as beautiful as the All time favorite Miss Hong Kong, Micelle Reis – Who I met and nearly fainted at how this 40 plus mummy looked like a 20 something yr old goddess. Ms Reis had mouth to the floor beauty – in the real life. I bet Lou Zi Lin is the same.

My arms always ache after carrying every Asian magazine I can get at the airpot. Shame I cannot understand what is being said. Oh well, more time to look at the fairytale style beauty your girls have.

• Elle November 17, 2011 at 22:29 #

I know isn’t it crazy. My friend who is Japanese is 40 years old and looks like she’s in her 20s. My sister who is Thai & also 40 with 4 grown boys gets hit on by men and they refuse to believe her age and think she’s 20 something. I think it’s just genetics for Asians. Although, some can look older than they are due to make-up or just plain genes. Michelle Reis is such a darling beauty of China. I see recent photos and she looks so vibrant.

For me though, I eat a salad with every meaal and buy as much organic and all-natural foods as I can. I don’t use make-up like MAC, Covergirl, Chanel, etc…Instead I use all natural make-up with virtually no harsh chemicals. Origins is my go-to make-up place. It’s better for the skin and doesn’t strip your face. I would hate to be a celebrity and not have the choice to do so. I’m sure many have turned to organics due to skin care reasons.

8. Taylor November 11, 2011 at 23:07 #

Just had major pause when I read that you’re eyeing the white pumps but then I read the “in yellow”. The ladies look gorgeous.

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2011 at 12:53 #

lol ;)

9. Pagent Expert November 12, 2011 at 01:02 #

Luo Zi Lin represented China at the past Miss Universe 2011 in Brazil. She placed 4th runner up! She is very stunning!

• Lee November 14, 2011 at 16:22 #

Now that Our girl is out networking in the big fashion arenas, Hopefully Dolce and Gabbana can use her in their Asian ads. Armani uses Shu Pi in is Asia ads.

Lou has a supermodel body and a movie star face., plus great dress sense. That what A list stars are made of.

10. Jess2 November 12, 2011 at 04:17 #

The three girls are rocking the carpet big time. Each look is to die for and perfect in every aspect. I love seeing Asian ladies on the carpet because they really bring it. Luo would have to be my favourite but I really like each one!!

11. Manja November 12, 2011 at 08:17 #

great looks all of them,my fav is Bonnie

12. Lee November 14, 2011 at 19:24 #

You know you are a winner, when months after a beauty contest…….You are the one who every is still talking about