11.11.11

Demi Lovato In Roland Mouret – 2011 Latin Grammy Awards

Demi Lovato looked very grown up on the red carpet at the 2011 Latin Grammy Awards which took place in Las Vegas, Nevada, last night.

The 19-year-old singer/actress wore a Roland Mouret Compeyson zip-front stretch-crepe gown with a very deep plunging neckline.

Her berry gown is actually being worn back to front.

You can see from the Net-A-Porter model that the plunge is at the back and the zipper is at the front.

No doubt the young star wanted to go for maximum impact on the red carpet, hence the gown reversal, but it’s a tad long for her.

Whilst the reversal is not a first on the red carpet, it is genius on this occasion unlike her hair which is tragic.

Ombre hair has been growing on me, but this is the very worst showchasing of this trend I have seen on the red carpet.

I do however love her glossy red lips. It’s such a shame that her hair let her down on this occasion.

You can buy Demi’s Roland Mouret gown from
Net-A-Porter US and Net-A-Porter International.

Credit: Getty

Who Wore Jenny Packham Better? Angelina Jolie or Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge

In Jessica Alba's Closet - MaxMara Camel Hair Coat

In Jessica Alba’s Closet – MaxMara Camel Hair Coat

51 Responses to Demi Lovato In Roland Mouret – 2011 Latin Grammy Awards

1. Marianne November 11, 2011 at 14:38 #

i agree, the hair doesn’t look good at all, but i don’t think that the obre look was intentional.

a couple of days ago she tweeted a picture with her hair being red all over… she tweeted later that she was disappointed that the red in her hair went out so quickly.

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 14:52 #

oO…LOL.

2. beth November 11, 2011 at 14:42 #

I cannot stop laughing at her chicken grease tan and airbrushed cleavage. She looks horrendous! Her complexion looks like a baked turkey on Thanksgiving Day. Worst dressed.

• T November 11, 2011 at 15:11 #

+1! Andddd she looks about 3 times her age. Selena pulled off the age appropriate thing so well!

• yourockmyworld November 11, 2011 at 16:37 #

LOL

• James November 12, 2011 at 02:37 #

3. nimmi November 11, 2011 at 14:46 #

i totally agree about the hair and i think she does too coz she earlier tweeted saying “Bummed that my red hair didn’t stay very well. :(

4. Alina November 11, 2011 at 14:47 #

Hair,makeup and tan ruin the dress.

• Alina November 11, 2011 at 14:55 #

I think that the look she wore on stage was better.
      I think the dress is by Maria Lucia Hohan.

5. Mick November 11, 2011 at 14:49 #

The colour of the dress is gorgeous, but the way she wore it is so tacky. The reversal would have worked on someone with more class probably, to me Demi’s delivery is just trashy. Those former Disney stars all look so desperate to prove they’re all grown-up…

• laura D November 11, 2011 at 21:59 #

Amen

6. Emi November 11, 2011 at 14:50 #

I prefer the “original” way to wear it. She looks tacky, but maybe not because of the deep plunge, but because she looks older. I don’t understand… the world is full of women who try and do their best to look younger, and then we see lots of teenagers who try hard to look much older.

• Lara November 11, 2011 at 15:18 #

Hence the maxim “youth is wasted on the young”

• Linda November 11, 2011 at 16:39 #

I prefer the “original” way too. It is way to old for her.

• James November 12, 2011 at 01:41 #

You really should watch the Latin Grammys some more. This is quite typical for this kind of even.

7. Paddy M November 11, 2011 at 14:59 #

I like how Demi is wearing this dress, although I do prefer it the right way around. Is this the same as Uma Thurman’s blue Roland Mouret dress from earlier in the year or just similar?

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 15:41 #

the same

8. Jani November 11, 2011 at 15:06 #

pretty dress and great color, but I think its a little too revealing… it distracts me from appreciating the design of the dress..

-Jani

• maria November 11, 2011 at 16:09 #

i totally agree.

• KjenNu November 12, 2011 at 17:58 #

I agree about the dress and the color. But I think so much focus was placed on the neckline that the rest of the dress was forgotten. Better tailoring – the sleeves and the skirt – would have helped clean her up. Plus an up do too. You don’t wear a neckline like this if you dont’ want attention drawn to your chest so why distract from it with so much long hair.

9. robbie November 11, 2011 at 15:15 #

she looks like a tart. she really is becoming like a kardashian.

10. Pay November 11, 2011 at 15:25 #

To pull of a gown like this you need to be as tall and charming as Rosie Huntington whiteley.
    This just looks tacky. And the hair Is very “prom-ish”

11. Fashion mint November 11, 2011 at 15:27 #

Bad bad bad !

12. Amy November 11, 2011 at 15:28 #

I think it looks a bit ridiculous just for the fact it’s far too big. The sleeves are too long and there’s is too much material round her feet.

• Fiona November 12, 2011 at 00:07 #

I agree – you can see by the sleeves that on the model they are much shorter and able to be pushed up, the dress looks elegant on the model and on Demi, well elegant doesn’t come to mind. She is only 19 and she wants to show off that much of her cleavage?? Big miss all over for me.

13. Rebecca Z November 11, 2011 at 15:37 #

I have to agree with most of these comments, sadly. I think this is way too much exposure and it is not attractive. I hope someone will help her do better.

14. LizLemooooon November 11, 2011 at 15:40 #

Maybe it’s down to all the painkillers I’ve taken due to my severe toothache but I like it!

15. Emmeline November 11, 2011 at 15:51 #

This is horrible. She’s not pulling this dress off at all and she looks uncomfortable wearing it. And the hair is out of control. Besides the color, she either needs a cut or some shorter extensions.

16. Estella November 11, 2011 at 15:52 #

She really needs to stay away from the spray tan.
    Remember when she looked so naturally pretty and innocent in Camp Rock?

17. Giuseppi Giraffe November 11, 2011 at 16:04 #

I don’t like the delivery here at all. It’s a classy dress but it just comes off as trashy.

18. Thirteen November 11, 2011 at 16:08 #

It doesn’t looks good, the hair is too strict and the plunge is too deep, in my opinion. Agree that the tan is super unfortunate, what’s worse is that she said she went out of her way to get a tan!

19. karine November 11, 2011 at 16:37 #

Sad, such a waste. Demi is a very pretty young woman, but her insecurity is so obvious when she tries this hard to look mature and sexy… Too much caked on makeup, and she looks frozen.

20. dee November 11, 2011 at 16:37 #

Hair is too long and gown is too big. She looks tacky.

21. Joy November 11, 2011 at 16:40 #

This is sad to me. I think this poor 19 year old child is messed up in the head. Wasn’t she in rehab or something recently? I don’t think she has self esteem and self worth so she thinks she needs to dress this ridiculous way. Not only is she selling herself way too short, she then hides behind all this makeup, fake tan and hair extensions. This really does make me sad.

22. Francesca November 11, 2011 at 16:45 #

I don’t really feel anything from this look. :/

23. Juliana November 11, 2011 at 16:54 #

LOVE the color, shame about the length. And the ombre is not even what bothers me the most, the problem it’s just too long for her.

Also, is it just me or does she look quite a bit with a chubby Naya Rivera in the second pic?

24. Lisa November 11, 2011 at 17:06 #

This is awful!! The worst I’ve seen from her which is saying alot considering her horrid fashion taste normally. Her tan and make up is just nasty. Her hair is usually the best thing about her and she even effs that up royally this time. Not to mention, she needs like Megan Fox/Blake Lively type of confidence to pull this look off and Demi is just not selling it.

25. justme November 11, 2011 at 17:06 #

I don’t mind the hair colour but the styling isn’t good. What are those curls?
    Like you, I think the reversal really works. But that tan… NO!

26. Luis November 11, 2011 at 17:53 #

It’s not the same dress!!

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 18:00 #

OK

27. Raquel November 11, 2011 at 19:04 #

I don’t like the overall result, but I’m far from thinking it is as horrible and as tacky as others. I’m not able to spot fake tans on brunettes that easily, so I assumed she was naturally bronzed, therefore the skin tone did not bother me, neither did the hair or the make up, though I can see why all those together can look like a disaster for some.

The dress itself is interesting, but it needed to be fitted, because it is obviously a tad too big. The cleavage doesn’t annoy me in itself, I had nothing against Gwyneth Paltrow doing the same yesterday in a green Elie Saab. But the fact that she is only 19 is a unsettling for me. However, I give her a pass because she is young and is coming from some rough times.

Different than many, I think she owns this look.

28. Hannah November 11, 2011 at 19:49 #

I think that this is the perfect kind of colour for her coloruing, I am obsessed with peopel with warm colouring in jewel tones, but this is a bad look. There is something so alarming about her skin colour somehow. It is so monotone and just a bizarre shade, it is liek silk but in a bad way, like those madonna adverts for LV. The hair is trgic too btu all I can see is the poor makeup/tan. I wish she would dye her hair back to black/deep brown and have it at the length I think she used to have it at. I’m so upset,it had such potential.

29. mattison November 11, 2011 at 21:33 #

It’s a shame this dress didn’t get the outing it really deserved. Someone like J.Lo could have really made the back-to-front deep plunge work and sell it to you with total confidence.

30. Parvati November 12, 2011 at 00:39 #

I hate this look. The gown itself is nice, but the plunging neckline is way too open, in my opinion, it ends up looking tacky. Plus, she has so much make-up/tan on her that she looks scary. Actually, I think she is hardly recognizable here – and not in a good way.

31. Mahima November 12, 2011 at 01:40 #

She said in some interview about not being too revealing. I find that so hypocritical after this.

32. Jess2 November 12, 2011 at 03:25 #

I really like the dress, the colour is just beautiful, I have a big thing for berry/jewel hues at the moment. Unfortunately I am not a fan of this overall look. The dress is too long for her. I agree about the hair, it just looks a bit off and her tan/makeup is very bad, which is highlighted in the full body picture. It is too patchy and uneven which destroys the whole look

33. Christine November 12, 2011 at 04:41 #

This is not the same dress shown on the net porter website. Anyone could look at both dresses and see that they aren’t the same. I think she wore it the way it was meant to be worn.

34. pam November 12, 2011 at 23:45 #

I hate when stars reverse a dress. Unless you are as flat as a board, it totally ruins the line of the dress. I sometimes wonder if they just couldn’t tell the front from the back. Especially in this case where the zipper is supposed to be in the front.

35. Lovato November 13, 2011 at 07:29 #

Wow! She looks awesome♥♥ and many of you say she looks 3 times older than her age this is what hollywood brings people helloo she is famus beatiful pretty awesoem gogerous why she doesn’t deserve to wear like this acually she deserve and by the way demii u look amazing kiss♥♥♥