Dita von Teese In Lanvin – ‘Rendez Vous with Alber Elbaz’

Dita von Teese attended the ‘Rendez Vous with Alber Elbaz’ at the Carondelet House on Friday.

The burlesque star opted for a Lanvin floral print dress from the Fall 2011 collection.

Her black and white floral-print dress was teamed with a pair of light denier tights and satin black pumps.

I’m not sure that her dress needed that statement necklace, as it details enough with the lantern sleeves and bold floral details, but Dita of course makes it work.

A retro updo and red lips completed her look.

You may remember that Carina Lau also wore this dress recently.

Credit: Style.com & Courtesy of Lanvin

23 thoughts on “Dita von Teese In Lanvin – ‘Rendez Vous with Alber Elbaz’

1. Nat

I hate black light tights, but that’s just me.

She looks good as always, and I’m glad she kept it simple with the shoes.

2. Ginger

Classic Dita. She definitely has a signature style and knows how to work it. I appreciate her immaculate grooming and attention to detail.

1. Martin

Totally agree! Her grace and elegance is untouchable in this dress. Love the sheer stockings and the necklace. For me, this look is the pure embodiment of the Lanvin woman.

3. maria

nope. this dress does not work for me off the runway. maybe the print is just too overwhelming.
    i don’t like the proportions of the dress versus the slim shoes.

4. Nat39

I really don`t think that this kind of dress suits her persona. Doesn`t really work for her esp. with her signature hair/makeup, and her plain shoe choice is rather disappointing.

5. gurlygurl

This lady can make a doily look like couture. Carina made this look odd and awkward but Dita is striking as always. Lovely.

6. Elaine2

I think the design of the dress is completely flawed. It’s too voluminous to be made from a fabric like this with such a LARGE print. Large + large just doesn’t work visually.

7. KateS

I like this so much better on the runway. It just works miles better with the loose, casual hair and boots. Dita can look amazing, but it’s within a pretty narrow spectrum, IMO. Otherwise, like here, she looks like a porcelain doll in all the bad ways, with a neck-up view that is totally disconnected from the rest of the look. And I wince at pretty much any use of sheer black tights.