10.11.11

Carrie Underwood’s 8 Wardrobe Changes At The 2011 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood was the host of the 2011 CMA Awards.

She arrived in Reem Acra, but she went onto have 8 costume changes whilst hosting the show.

One of my favourite looks was this Zuhair Murad Resort 2012 gown.

The heavenly floral-print gown with a rise-and-fall hemline also features a beaded detail at the waist.

Her ultra-feminine look was teamed with a cutesy pink hair accessory which I didn’t favour.

I had every faith that Carrie would wear something by her favourite designer Georges Chakra.

Her Fall 2011 coral Couture cocktail lace dress has a dramatic tulle detail on one side which is a tad droopy compared to how it was presented on the runway.

This looks to be a result of removing the feather accents.

Next up was a glam-rocker Mandalay mini. Her black ‘Rock & Roll’ bustier embellished dress was dripping with gold chains. She accessorized with tasselled earrings and Jimmy Choo Kyrle boots.

The beautiful blonde host donned a hat whilst wearing a Nikki Rich by WTB black cropped tuxedo jacket with coordinated box-pleat shorts. The uncharacteristic look was teamed with strappy platform sandals.

Carrie donned a Jean Fares Couture Fall 2011 green-print satin gown whilst presenting. The plunging gown with embellished cuffs and a waistband also had open, cut-out sleeves.

Carrie looked terrified of Miss Piggy whilst doing a skit wearing a pink embellished mini dress with a sculptural detail on the hip.

She donned a second white sculptural piece before ending with a brown sequined dress with gold Jimmy Choo sandals.

Credit: Fashion Windows.net & Getty

In Nikki Reed's Closet - Topshop Petite Intense Floral Print Dress

In Nikki Reed’s Closet – Topshop Petite Intense Floral Print Dress

Freida Pinto In Michael Angel - 'Extra' With Mario Lopez

Freida Pinto In Michael Angel – ‘Extra’ With Mario Lopez

38 Responses to Carrie Underwood’s 8 Wardrobe Changes At The 2011 CMA Awards

1. robbie November 10, 2011 at 17:08 #

some really beautiful dresses but honestly dont like any of them on carrie.

miss piggy on the other hand, she looks DIVINE!

2. maria November 10, 2011 at 17:12 #

the only one i really love is the Zuhair. Then it just goes from bad to worse.
    The beautiful Chakra looks about 1 size to big on her and destroys the look. bummer.
    I think she should rethink quality over quantity for her next presenter gig.

3. Vibes November 10, 2011 at 17:16 #

The Georges Chakra dress looked fabulous on the runway and like a sack on Carrie. It seems too loose and way too long.

• GusMex November 10, 2011 at 20:16 #

totally agree

4. Alina November 10, 2011 at 17:17 #

The Zuhair Murad is her best of the night.

5. noo November 10, 2011 at 17:18 #

the zuhair murad look is fantastic :D carrie always looks stunning in his designs!

6. andrea November 10, 2011 at 17:20 #

I love the last brown dress, who makes it? She kind of looks like Kristen Cavallari in that photo. I wish she hadn’t recycled the shoes.

• laura D November 10, 2011 at 23:46 #

I like that dress the best as well. The total look is not amazing, but the dress, and the way it fits her, is.

• Katharine November 11, 2011 at 01:45 #

Definitely the most flattering, especially because the permatan looks toned down (probably a trick of the lighting).

Agree with Maria that quality of costume changes should be a consideration over quantity.

Miss Piggy looks fabulous – maybe Carrie was feeling overshadowed. Comparisons are odious.

7. Emily November 10, 2011 at 17:24 #

In look number 3 her shoes are the Jimmy Choo Kyrle boots, loving the Zuhair Murad x

• Fashion Critic November 11, 2011 at 00:38 #

8. AW November 10, 2011 at 17:24 #

I love the variety in Carrie’s looks. It’s not so one note. My fav has to be the pink mini, it’s young and fresh on her.

Her hair looks so well done and healthy. Other women need to take notice (Pickler & LeAnn Rimes).

9. anne November 10, 2011 at 17:34 #

My favourite is the Zuhair Murad. The Georges Chakra it’s just tragic…she has seen better days.

10. mm November 10, 2011 at 17:35 #

I love the last three looks.

11. Giuseppi Giraffe November 10, 2011 at 17:35 #

The brown sequined minidress is my favorite, for some reason, but I think she has outdone everyone else at this event.

12. Jen November 10, 2011 at 17:54 #

I don’t like her style at all, in any of these. Except for maybe the brown one at the end.

13. The.Shoe.Freak November 10, 2011 at 17:59 #

She sure loves the Lebanese Haute Couturiers!

14. argentina November 10, 2011 at 18:03 #

Love most of the dresses but hate them on Carrie. The two things i liked were, her updo on the third look and how the last dress fitted her. The rest is forgettable to me

15. dee November 10, 2011 at 18:10 #

I only like the Mandalay minidress.

16. Estella November 10, 2011 at 18:18 #

Selena Gomez, take notes. This is how a host of a show watched by millions around the world should look. Besides for that orange GC outfit, all her looks were spot on glam.

17. Paddy M November 10, 2011 at 18:43 #

What I like most about these looks is her shoe choices. You can’t see all of her footwear in the photos, but from what I can see, they’re very good.

18. sarah November 10, 2011 at 18:54 #

who makes the pink mini with embelleshing on it in the last picture on the left?

19. zoe November 10, 2011 at 18:57 #

carrie looked ridiculous in most of her looks. i like the black rocker dress with the tassel earrings and her last 3 looks though. that’s pretty much it.

20. rachael November 10, 2011 at 19:54 #

you gotta give it to the girl… not a boring heel in sight

21. Jones19 November 10, 2011 at 20:25 #

I must commend Carrie for her shoe choices, very nice.

22. Holly November 10, 2011 at 20:40 #

Where can I find the black and white strappy ankle boots… I love them!

23. Hannah November 10, 2011 at 20:59 #

I’m majorly disappointed, every look is pretty blah and I feel like I have seen it all done before by her.

24. kat November 10, 2011 at 21:29 #

the couture (Murad and Chakra) was too overwhelming on her plus the fake tan doesn’t complement such beautiful dresses.

25. molly November 10, 2011 at 21:58 #

This girl looks for any chance to wear a dress that barely covers her hoo-ha, doesnt she? I like some of the dresses, but I hate them on the prom queen. I loved the Mandalay dress, but I cant stand how she had clear straps with it.

26. tima November 10, 2011 at 22:44 #

what about those pink shoes with the Murad gown? whose are they?

• Parvati November 11, 2011 at 00:11 #

They are the ones that caught my attention too! They look like Jimmy Choo to me… but I can’t be sure. If anyone can confirm this…

27. cat November 10, 2011 at 23:51 #

This girlshas the worst taste in dresses ever. Everything is either shiny or too short or “princessy” or just plain tacky. She never gets it right. It is a shame, because she is talented and pretty attractive. Sigh.

28. Parvati November 11, 2011 at 00:16 #

The Zuhair Murad look is very cute (and I love these pink heels!), but I’m not a fan of the hair accessory.
    I also really like the pink mini dress she is wearing in the photo next to Miss Piggy.
    Finally, I like the brown sequined dress, as well. The rest of the looks didn’t wow me, while the Nikki Rich by WTB look was my least favourite. Basically, it’s so different from her usual style that it ends up looking really strange on her.

29. Carmen SanDiego November 11, 2011 at 01:09 #

Once again, attack of the boring girl. Sure, great singer. Pretty, sweet, girl. I have ZERO sense of her personality, and it shows up in her fashion. She rarely carries a look, no pun intended.

30. Nadine November 11, 2011 at 04:40 #

Did nobody else laugh out loud at the Jean Fares Couture? I kept tuning back in to the show to see if anyone was wearing something besides flannel plaid, so it was worthwhile that way.

31. Jess2 November 11, 2011 at 05:29 #

my favourite look is the Zuhair Murad which is amazing, didn’t notice the clip initially but it needs to go. I don’t like the green Jean Fares gown though. I liked how she mixed it up and no dissapointing shoe choices :)

32. JSSHAN DRESS November 2, 2012 at 09:22 #

Love the floral Printed dress. it is really pretty,