09.11.11

Versace For H&M Fashion Event

Emma Roberts: I was very excited to see Emma at this event, mostly because she’s wearing strappy sandals sans tights. Her electric-blue shoes were paired with a Versace for H&M floral-print bustier and matching leggings. A studded bag and side-swept curls completed her look.

Jessica Alba: The actress added a pop of colour to her lips whilst donning a sparkling Versace for H&M top and skirt. Still not feeing Jess at the moment.

Selma Blair: The mother of one wore a bubblegum-pink Versace for H&M studded dress with gold sandals. I don’t think the racoon eyes quite work with the dress.

Kaylee DeFer: The ‘Gossip Girl’ actress is hardly recognisable with those super-tight curls. She wore Versace for H&M pink sandals with her sweetheart-print Versace for H&M dress with fringed details.

Coco Rocha: The supermodel was my favourite at this event. Despite being slightly overdressed in her Zac Posen gown, she gave the rest of the attendees a lesson in how to look flawless at this underwhelming event. Coco Rocha for Senhoa Collection jewels completed her look.

Linda Evangelista: The original supermodel donned a Versace Fall 2011 leather coat with black knee-high boots on the red carpet. It looks like she’s wearing an iconic Versace print shirt. I wish we could’ve seen more of it.

Uma Thurman: Was chic in classic black Versace with silver Jimmy Choos and Fred Leighton jewels.

Helena Christensen: The supermodel is working this black Versace LBD. She’s just oozing sex appeal.

Abbie Cornish: I just can’t. What was she thinking? Head-to-toe disaster.

Sofia Coppola: The director wore a black Versace for H&M dress with slits in the shoulders. This typically simple look for Sofia was teamed with black accessories.

Jennifer Hudson: There is something very déjà vu about Jennifer’s look because she wore a similar Versace dress to the 2011 Grammy Awards. Her head-to-toe Versace for H&M look consisted of a bustier dress and lace-up ankle boots.

Chloe Moretz: Sans hair extension, the pout-free actress looked very summery in her lemon-embellished Versace for H&M mini dress. Beige Versace sandals completed her look. She looks so much younger and fresher without the weave.

Credit: Getty

Lucy Fry In Giulietta - ‘Vampire Academy’ LA Premiere

Lucy Fry In Giulietta – ‘Vampire Academy’ LA Premiere

Video: Versace for H&M Event

Video: Versace for H&M Event

36 Responses to Versace For H&M Fashion Event

1. Jacqu November 9, 2011 at 12:10 #

I love Coco Rocha too! She looks like a romantic Juliette here.

Also, I like Chloe Moretz looking like a teen here. She can be really adorable when styled right.

2. Vidhya November 9, 2011 at 12:11 #

other than jennifer hudson’;s dress.. the other versace for h&m are uninspiring :(

3. The Dame November 9, 2011 at 12:16 #

Jennifer is the only one who does it for me, her look is event appropriate, edgy but smart and feminine.

4. alice November 9, 2011 at 12:23 #

Love Emma , Coco and Chloe. Agree about what you said about her and i think she looks so much more cool than in Calvin Klein

5. Jones19 November 9, 2011 at 12:26 #

I wish someone other than Emma Roberts and Selma Blair were wearing my favorite looks from this collection. They’re just all wrong, especially Emma, she hasn’t got that IT factor to make this work.

6. Karis November 9, 2011 at 12:27 #

Uma & Sofia are chic and perfect as always!

7. Anna November 9, 2011 at 12:30 #

Chloe Moretz try to hard… i’m sick of this young girls

8. Martin November 9, 2011 at 12:32 #

Emma Roberts is the only one who elicited any positive reaction for me amongst this bunch. She looked fun and fresh and nicely embodied what I think Donatella is trying to achieve with this collection.

Coco Rocha’s dress was beautiful but WAY out of place at an event like this. This is the kind of thing that I would expect to see at the MET Costume Institute Gala, not at a fashion show spruiking $29.99 leopard leggings.

And as for Abbie Cornish, I respectfully nominate her as Worst Dressed of 2011 for this truly abominable ensemble. Hideous every which way you look at it.

9. Laura Brice November 9, 2011 at 12:37 #

I actually think Abbie Cornish looks awesome

10. Kiran November 9, 2011 at 12:40 #

Jennifer’s dress here reminds me of the Versace Resort dress she wore to the Grammys. Is that the same look your were thinking of FC?

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 12:45 #

There it is!

I knew I was familiar.

Yes, Thank you.

11. Laura Brice November 9, 2011 at 12:43 #

Also… loooove Emma Roberts. So colourful and youthful

12. robbie November 9, 2011 at 12:46 #

zzzzzzzzzz sorry this snoozefest almost put me to sleep. not a single good look, love coco but that dress needs a better event than this.

13. Mick November 9, 2011 at 12:50 #

Coco Rocha was definitely overdressed for this type of event.

I like the effort Emma Roberts made with her look, although I’d never ever wear something like this.

I liked Jessica Alba’s and Chloe Moretz’s (minus the shoes) looks, probably are the few I’d wear from this collection, which leaves me otherwise quite cold.

14. Jess2 November 9, 2011 at 12:51 #

I think CoCo looks beautiful but I really don’t like this. It is completely out of place being that it is very overdressed and it also seems out of place being Zac Posen. I am probably being a bit too picky but I get the impression that she is trying hard to be the centre of attention. I love Emma Roberts and Jennifer Hudson despite the similar look, she is just stunning, Uma looks awesome too and Chloe is cute as.

15. Lara November 9, 2011 at 12:53 #

Emma Roberts???? Horrendous in my book! Love Chloe, Hudson, Coppola and Christensen

16. Vicky November 9, 2011 at 13:09 #

The second row of photos are the “best”, I’ll give it to the supermodels.
    But that doesn’t change the fact that all these attendees outfits are either boring or ridiculous!

17. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 9, 2011 at 13:15 #

Nada.
    I would swap and organ for LInda Evangelista’s coat though.

18. dee November 9, 2011 at 13:29 #

I only like Uma’s look everyone else is meh.

19. Vera November 9, 2011 at 13:40 #

Total disaster.

20. Dony November 9, 2011 at 14:05 #

In November 7th,Fan BingBing in Versace For H&M

21. Kim November 9, 2011 at 14:06 #

Linda Evangelista is rocking the Versace coat!!!! Love it!!!

22. june November 9, 2011 at 14:23 #

chloe’s adorable and cute and actually looks her age!

23. becca November 9, 2011 at 15:10 #

so glad you are featuring coco! LOVE her style and how she rocks everything she wears… Abbie definitely gets worst dressed, she looks like a 60′s era farm threw up on her

24. Natalie November 9, 2011 at 15:20 #

Coco looks a little overdressed but gorgeous. And I love that Chloe’s taken out her weave. She always looked nicer with shorter hair.

25. lee November 9, 2011 at 15:40 #

what is up with alba wearing tights with EVERYTHING?

26. maria November 9, 2011 at 16:04 #

not a good viewing of this collection if this is the result.

I like Helena and Uma the best. They look elegant and chic.

I agree the Coco is just overdressed. She looks like she went to the wrong party.

27. Hannah November 9, 2011 at 16:11 #

i don’tlike the collection, but even so this is a worryingly poorly dressed event. Jessica looks so mumsy as per usual, Kaylee isn’t lookign great, had she toed it down (used some serum) it would have been much better recieved a look. I am glad that emma isn’t wearing black/a colour that would wash her out/ boring shoes, btu this look doesn’t work for me, it is really tacky, and I don’t think ill ever fully appreciate anything she wers until she darkens her hair. The versace mini bags are also super tacky imo. Uma and Helena look gorgeous, and Coco rocha is way way overdressed ina dress that has nothign to do with h&m or versace, so she is one of my worst dressed on principle alone. Chloe is probably my faovurite,after Helena, I adore the youthfullness of her look, the hair is much better, the relaxed lips are much better, and I ador ethe 60s vibe I am getting.

28. Alina November 9, 2011 at 17:18 #

Coco is flawless.

29. Zuzu November 9, 2011 at 20:01 #

The only pieces I would consider buying from Versace for H&M are the ones, Jessica Alba is wearing… I have to say, I’m very dissapointed with this collection… :( Not reached my expectations, at all!!! I hope Jason Wu for Target doesn’t dissapoint me too….

30. sam November 10, 2011 at 08:20 #

I actually really hate when celebrities wear designer for ‘high street’ stuff. Unless they are teen – then it’s appropriate – otherwise it’s just a bit – well – tacky.

They can borrow the mainline stuff – and/or afford it/get sent it for free – leave the discount stuff for the mortals.

Hence Iove Lindas look and Umas too – right brand, mainline – fab.

31. Emi November 10, 2011 at 08:36 #

Sofia and Jessica are my favorite. Do you believe that thanks to Vogue I won the chance to shop the collection the day before it will be on sale (with other 299 people) but I will not go? Honestly I expected something more from this collaboration, there’re a lot of dresses, I expected more single pieces.

32. Parvati November 10, 2011 at 13:21 #

Emma Roberts: Sorry, but I don’t really care that she’s not wearing black pumps. I hate this look from head-to-toe.
    Jessica Alba: It is a nice outfit, but I wish she hadn’t worn those tights.
    Selma Blair, Kaylee DeFer: Not bad, but not great, either.
    Coco Rocha: She looks gorgeous, but she is really overdressed for the event.
    Linda Evangelista, Uma Thurman: Very nice outfits, but I would also love to see more colour.
    Helena Christensen: Although I’m not really a fan of her style, she looks really good in this dress.
    Abbie Cornish: It looks wrong in many ways, but still, I don’t think it’s THAT terrible.
    Sofia Coppola: Simple as always, but like Linda Evangelista and Uma Thurman, I would have loved to see more colour.
    Jennifer Hudson: She looks good, but I’m not wowed.
    Chloe Moretz: This is a very cute look and I especially love the shoes.

33. bb November 10, 2011 at 15:26 #

This is the most badly/poorly/ugly dressed red carpet event I’ve seen in my entire life.

34. M November 10, 2011 at 17:15 #

my fav would b emma roberts.. she looks young and fresh there… her outfit embodies the spirit of versace…

35. Incroyable November 12, 2011 at 22:24 #

Did they not tell Coco where she was going? It’s so out of place it robs it of the glamour and beauty. A pity.