Nicole Kidman In Stella McCartney – 59th Annual BMI Country Music Awards

Nicole Kidman fulfilled her wifely duties by escorting her husband down the red carpet for the 59th Annual BMI Country Music Awards in Nashville, Tennessee yesterday evening.

The Australian actress wore a Stella McCartney Spring 2012 one-sleeve gown.

Her printed gown with an embroidered detail from the neckline to the waist was teamed with matching red and white bow front heels.

This look would’ve been outstanding if she had just done something with her hair.

It’s so limp and lacklustre in comparison to the gown.

Emerald Fred Leighton earrings and a sweet pink lip colour completed her look.

Do you like Nicole’s gown, or would you have preferred her to wear one of the original runway looks?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Blake Lively In Versace - Versace for H&M Fashion Show

Blake Lively In Versace – Versace for H&M Fashion Show

In Paris Hilton's Closet - Rachel Zoe Peggy Sequined Shift Dress

In Paris Hilton’s Closet – Rachel Zoe Peggy Sequined Shift Dress

25 Responses to Nicole Kidman In Stella McCartney – 59th Annual BMI Country Music Awards

1. mm November 9, 2011 at 10:55 #

love the dress. the hair is as if she just got a relaxer. fire the hair stylist for sure.

2. gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 11:03 #

I agree with you F.C she needs to do something about that hair… take a leaf out of Emma Stones book and learn how to work red hair!! Now that that’s out of the way.. I’m not a fan of this dress… it works well on her shape but even on the runway I’m missing why this should be a great dress… it’s all personal taste I guess and this one just doesn’t work for me.

• Sea November 9, 2011 at 21:40 #

i feel exactly the same about the dress. just not a fan.

3. Jess2 November 9, 2011 at 11:25 #

I really love the neckline of the dress but with the length of the dress the pattern is getting a bit too much for me. I definitely prefer the shorter versions, my favourite being the blue with black. I also really don’t like the shoes….. or the hair.

4. Laura Brice November 9, 2011 at 11:28 #

The hair is even more disappointing, when the dress and earrings look this good.

5. Isa November 9, 2011 at 11:32 #

I liked her dress, but I prefer the first runaway look, although, it’s not what she was looking for, in the way I see it. I don’t like her.. she seems so much like those perfect wifes from that movie she starred in.. or a wax doll.. I know she’s beautiful but not in a good way, I guess

6. robbie November 9, 2011 at 11:43 #

love the dress but the hair it looks so dry although i have to say i applaud her for letting her grey hair show though.

7. Jacqu November 9, 2011 at 11:51 #

Hate her hair, I like the shape of the dress, just not the print (which is probably the whole point of the collection, the print, but still).

Also, hey FC, did you see the Moneyball premiere pics of Angelina? She’s not wearing black! :o

• Jacqu November 9, 2011 at 11:52 #

The Japan premier i mean. XD

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 12:09 #

I haven’t seen it year. Will check it out

8. Charmaine Power November 9, 2011 at 11:54 #

I would love to have seen her wear the red and white short dress with an amazing pair of heels.

• Laura Brice November 9, 2011 at 12:42 #

That’s true she has great pins, why doesn’t she wow us with them every now and again? Maybe we have to wait until she has another movie coming out.

PS I wish L’wren Scott would advise Nicole on the hair if she is still styling her. It’s not the first offence.

9. Alina November 9, 2011 at 11:54 #

Bad… I don’t even like the dress and that’s mostly because she’s not working it.

10. The Dame November 9, 2011 at 12:17 #

Foxy! Nice to see her dressing with a bit of a youthful edge! Would love to see this on someone else also.

11. Jones19 November 9, 2011 at 12:28 #

This print does nothing for me.

12. CTgirl November 9, 2011 at 13:10 #

The print is very 1930s country come to town. Not my favorite.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 9, 2011 at 13:19 #

I love the short versions. Its more than my eye wants to see long and even Nicole is lost in it.
    I dont even understand the limp, lackluster hair. Why?

14. dee November 9, 2011 at 13:26 #

Hair is awful.

15. Joy November 9, 2011 at 14:40 #

Yeah I’m not liking this dress. Is this dress basically the same style as the polka dot dress from last year (Kate Winslett)? I liked that one much better. Me no likey. I also think my girl Nicole’s hair looks a tad bad. I love her so it pains me to say so. I think she needs a good bit chopped off.

16. Rebecca Z November 9, 2011 at 16:00 #

Agree, too much print, though the shape looks fine on her body. And the hair does need attention.

17. maria November 9, 2011 at 16:01 #

i think the dress looks a bit tight in some pics.
    I agree about the hair. Such an interesting neckline, you cannot just let the hair hang down like that. I find the dress definitely visually interesting.

18. Hannah November 9, 2011 at 16:12 #

I find it so odd that she dresses better, in my opinion at least, adn in a way less dull manor when she is at events that she is only attending for her husband, than when she is at events that she is at for herself, if that makes sense.

19. Raquel November 9, 2011 at 17:16 #

I love the dress and I think she is rocking it. However, I hate the hair. You can see the split ends and how damaged it is. I really wish she would go back to a more wavy/curly look.

20. Parvati November 10, 2011 at 02:01 #

Wow! This is completely different from what she usually wears and I love it! The hair doesn’t look very good, but I ‘m so impressed by the dress on her that I don’t mind it.

21. sam November 10, 2011 at 08:21 #

I wish she’d worn one if the short dresses! Or at least only gone kneeish length!