Blake Lively In Versace – Versace for H&M Fashion Show

The slide of Blake Lively continued at the Versace for H&M fashion show, which was held in New York City last night.

I have long campaigned for Blake Lively to be a Versace girl, but, after seeing her in this Versace Resort 2012 mini dress, I think Donatella was right to pick January Jones.

I love Blake, so this is going to sting.

She looks uber tacky. The Vivienne Westwood look aside, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her look so bad.

This black and white mini dress with grommet embellishments is way too tight. Just look at her bust and hips for confirmation.

The tights and blazer were added to tone down the sexiness, but it’s not working.

It like spraying perfume to cover up a bad smell – it just makes it worse.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Amber Heard In Salvatore Ferragamo - ITV Studios

Amber Heard In Salvatore Ferragamo – ITV Studios

Nicole Kidman In Stella McCartney - 59th Annual BMI Country Music Awards

Nicole Kidman In Stella McCartney – 59th Annual BMI Country Music Awards

28 Responses to Blake Lively In Versace – Versace for H&M Fashion Show

1. Vidhya November 9, 2011 at 10:38 #

It like spraying perfume to cover up a bad smell – it just makes it worse.
    ROFLLLL.. that is a train wreck.. is she wearing the same emeralds angelina was wearing with her black dress?

• gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 11:05 #

LOL :) I love that too… poor Blake… covering up a bad smell

2. gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 10:46 #

There’s alot of spillage in the booble area going on here and it is bunching a little but I’m not hating this look either. I definitely prefer the runway look but I do like the blazer, hair over one shoulder and pop of color with the earrings. A white dress over opaques works sometimes but I’m not convinced here. I usually love Blakes daring style, but this is not one of her better looks.

3. Jess2 November 9, 2011 at 10:47 #

I am in full agreement FC, I don’t like this, the fit is all wrong and makes her seem a bit wider I think and she sure doesn’t look comfortable. It is all wrong

4. Jess November 9, 2011 at 11:06 #

this is worse than the Westwood!
    just horrible….and if I had her legs, I’d never wear tights!

5. Michelle November 9, 2011 at 11:27 #

Her boobs look like they are about to burst out of her dress! If her dress wasn’t so tight and she took away the stockings this would have been a great look. The only thing I love about this look is her hair (at last, no bed hair!), make up and earrings.

6. Tamia November 9, 2011 at 11:32 #

If you think that Westwood outfit was her worst then you forgot about all these horrors FC!http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2008/12/23/most-disappointing-in-2008-blake-lively/ Seriosuly I cannot stand how overrated this girl is,she is nothing special girls like Amber Heard really show how basic blake actually is…will never understand the hype

7. Gabi November 9, 2011 at 11:39 #

I can cope with the blazer, but the tights are just wrong, SO wrong. She should’ve gone with the long version of the dress.
    If there was a Worst Dressed Of The Week, this would be a full contender…

8. Dorian Gray November 9, 2011 at 11:48 #

OMG, I love her just like Versace but this is a very big miss :-(

9. Jacqu November 9, 2011 at 11:50 #

I guess she thought people forgot her nudies and decided to put the girls back on display.

10. robbie November 9, 2011 at 11:55 #

the dress looks cheap. does she think wearing something too tight around the bust makes her look sexy, sadly it looks painful and tacky. cute blazer though.

11. The Dame November 9, 2011 at 12:16 #

Those very black tights ruin it for me!

12. Emalie November 9, 2011 at 12:22 #

She looks so tacky it’s ridiculous and she tried covering that fact up by wearing tights. She needs to spend less time jumping from guy to guy and find a stylist asap.

She’s so overrated!

13. Jones19 November 9, 2011 at 12:33 #

If she had gone a size up and ditched the blazer and tights this might have worked.

14. dee November 9, 2011 at 13:25 #

Cheap and tacky looking once again.

• Alina November 9, 2011 at 17:21 #

You made an important point : “once again” . DITTO.

• Emi November 10, 2011 at 08:44 #

Yes, really. Just because she’s in a stylish tv show doesn’t mean she has style. Nonsense, it’s like people expected Hugh Laurie to be able to heal people just because he plays a doctor. Said that, she’s tacky as usual, the fit of the dress (which is quite ugly, anyway) is bad and the tights are ugly and cheap. Incredibly overrated.

15. maria November 9, 2011 at 15:59 #

i would have like this more in black with white contrast. and i agree it’s way to tight.

16. Hannah November 9, 2011 at 16:14 #

Wha’s really tragic is that I never li0ek Blake because she usualyl wears a gorgeous dress with either bad heels, or bad posing, or something so easily helped, and the one time when her hair is brushed, she looks tragic.

17. bb November 9, 2011 at 17:25 #

“She looks uber tacky. ”

Since when does she not? The dress is pretty but with all the Blake Lively factors, it looks so trashy as hell

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 18:16 #

lol @ “Since when does she not? “

• Emi November 10, 2011 at 08:45 #

LOL for me, too.

18. patricia November 9, 2011 at 19:27 #

FC actually this is the dress that she wore
    it’s the second in the pic

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 19:58 #

thanks. I couldn’t find the pic on style.com. I will hunt for it elsewhere

19. Katharine November 10, 2011 at 03:53 #

There’s a funny post about this dress at laineygossip.com – the heading says it all : “Your dress is too small … again.”

I like this look better than her recent Dolce & Gabbana, even if she does need to go up a size.

20. wilwarin November 10, 2011 at 10:45 #

it’s such a beautiful dress on model and she ruined it… but aboslutely… i don’t mind the colour but why shorten it… and the rest i don’t want to comment…

21. Shaina November 11, 2011 at 17:42 #

Its sad really, this is the best I’ve seen her hair look in a while. It looks like she actually styled it instead of getting out of bed and stepping on the red carpet.