09.11.11 Premiere

Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Moneyball’ Japan Premiere

Earlier today Angelina Jolie joined her partner Brad Pitt for the premiere of ‘Moneyball’ in Japan.

The beautiful actress wore an Atelier Versace cocktail dress.

When you saw the title Atelier Versace, you were expecting more, right?

I know I was, but, just like Jennifer Aniston earlier this week, we have to appreciate that the actress is not that interested in fashion, plus she was supporting her partner, so she opted for a low-key approach despite the colour.

The spaghetti strapped red silk cadis dress, which matched her lippie, has a metallic zipper down the entire length of the back.

Hair, makeup and shoes are all pretty standard for Ange.

This is not a bad look, but not quite BDOTW worthy either.

Credit: Getty

Fan Bingbing In Versace for H&M - Rebecca Fashion Show

Fan Bingbing In Versace for H&M – Rebecca Fashion Show

Taylor Swift In Emilio Pucci - 59th Annual BMI Awards

Taylor Swift In Emilio Pucci – 59th Annual BMI Awards

50 Responses to Angelina Jolie In Atelier Versace – ‘Moneyball’ Japan Premiere

1. Pam November 9, 2011 at 18:18 #

At least it’s red and not black (:

2. Alina November 9, 2011 at 18:18 #

At least is not black.

3. smolls November 9, 2011 at 18:25 #

Yawn…pretty boring but I agree with others that at least it’s not black. Then again I’d rather see a stunning black look than this boring red one.

4. Carolina November 9, 2011 at 18:26 #

She still looks gorgeous.

• laura D November 9, 2011 at 20:43 #

I agree. In fact, she looks like she’s finally put on a few pounds and is getting healthy again.

• CINDY November 10, 2011 at 15:08 #

exactly my thought! This is the healtiest she’s looked in a long time. Plus I saw a lot of pictures from the event and she had that beautiful big smile on all of them. She looks really comfortable and put together. Sure it’s not a mind-blowing look but she’s there as a plus one so it’s understandable.

5. Alfie November 9, 2011 at 18:27 #

This is Atelier Versace? It doesn’t even pass off as Versace for H&M!

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 18:28 #

lol…

• oksana November 10, 2011 at 14:01 #

awesome

6. Ginger November 9, 2011 at 18:34 #

I guess when you’re that beautiful you don’t need to try very hard…and she hasn’t.

• Badaboum November 9, 2011 at 19:10 #

+1.
      She doesn’t care that much about fashion or making a fashion statement. This is not her premiere and she is stunning regardless of what she wears, so why make an effort really…

• Sea November 9, 2011 at 21:34 #

+2! I think she definitely cares about what she wears and how she looks but doesn’t try to make bold fashion statements. I know many here including my favorite FC label her as boring, but I’ve always loved her style. It’s understated elegance.

7. Mllew November 9, 2011 at 18:36 #

Same old, same old!! Blah hair and dress…….

8. evelyn November 9, 2011 at 18:46 #

i love her no matter what she wears, she can’t do wrong in my book with that face but i can only imagin how fierce would be if she would be a fashonista and put work into her clothing..she’s just not into fashion.

• ashley November 10, 2011 at 03:59 #

i agree so much, she’d put everyone to shame if she was a fashionista. she’d be TOO FIERCE

9. Sharade November 9, 2011 at 18:48 #

Boring dress,boring shoes, boring hair…

10. dee November 9, 2011 at 18:48 #

boring as usual.

11. Laura November 9, 2011 at 18:58 #

Here’s what bothers me: As you put it FC, she claims to “not be into fashion.” Yet, most of what she wears is custom-made for her. She has more custom-made looks than most stars who are into fashion. That seems like hypocrisy to me. I used to really like her, but this bothers me.

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2011 at 18:58 #

I think its a case of ‘just because she can’.

• evelyn November 9, 2011 at 19:33 #

agree with FC is just because she can. I doubt she go thru madness getting and trying on dresses. of course she wants to look nice, but i doubt she put the effort the jennifer lopezsss and most of the other women hollywood do..i wish she would cause if she does, it will be off the chart.

• Mary Gatto November 9, 2011 at 20:03 #

Agreed! She’d be THE it girl if she wanted to be. What a waste. I love her, but can’t stand the “just got a quick shower and blow dryed” hair. ARGH!
          With all that money you’d think she’d get better hair care!

12. maria November 9, 2011 at 18:58 #

it’s an okay look. I love how the colour pops. She looks fresher than normal to me.

• Amanda November 9, 2011 at 20:27 #

13. Hannah November 9, 2011 at 19:13 #

This is so dull. I always fidn her dull, she wears boring clothes in boring ways, at least Jennfier doesnt have an ounce of secretary in any of her looks and wears much better shoes. As for Brad, oh lord.

14. robbie November 9, 2011 at 19:27 #

atelier versace seriously! gosh this is so boring, and to think of the works of art that is created for the label, not to mention the famous carrie bradshaw paris dress, then looking at this! YAWNTASTIC!

15. Molly November 9, 2011 at 19:36 #

What I do like very much here is that her “nude” pumps actually blend into her skin tone, so they are truly neutral, rather than “tan” or “brown” pumps, as is the case with most who attempt this look in an attempt to be “neutral.”

They both could use some attention from a hair stylist.

16. D November 9, 2011 at 19:57 #

dull but still beautiful

17. From Russia With Love November 9, 2011 at 20:35 #

Mediocre.

18. Cie November 9, 2011 at 20:40 #

Brad looks awesome

19. karen November 9, 2011 at 21:08 #

I love Angelina but red is not her color.

20. Gilda November 9, 2011 at 22:56 #

She’s much sexier because she isn’t a fashionista. Of course she still wants to look good, hence the custom-made call, rumored facial injectibles. But she never wants to look like she’s trying to hard or that she’s so “shallow” as to care about the latest fashion trends. Maybe she secretly does, maybe she doesn’t.

21. dunzoo November 9, 2011 at 23:33 #

Meh.. looks like she didn’t even make any effort (messy hair, same (ferragamo?) shoes, boring dress).. she’s just not into fashion.

22. gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 23:44 #

I love Anges understated style. When she wears a full length evening gown on the red carpet everyone else is a blur. This may not be BDOTW material but she looks amazing. Just goes to show she can don a bright color. I’m not loving the pumps but I am loving the make up and soft hair. That dress is beautifully cut on her body. As simple as her styling might be I think she’s a fashion icon because she knows what works for her and she gets it right! So many so called fashionistas wear anything and everything they get their hands on regardless of wether or not it works for them… that is not fashion. Fashion is about working the assets you have and looking amazing. I don’t believe she follows “trends” in terms of fashion because she is generally very classic and that’s not a bad thing in my book.

23. Elaine2 November 10, 2011 at 02:02 #

very AGEing for both of them. I don’t think I’ve seen Brad look so horrible as he does here. Angie looks presentable at least, but quite frankly I don’t think this is a photo they’ll want to frame………

24. Tahj November 10, 2011 at 02:40 #

She’s worn a black and grey dresses in the exact same style to premiere. She definitely has a stylist and works to perfect a certain style, don’t let her fool you. I think she wears the same kind of dresses because she’s thinking of all the past iconic movie stars who had their own style that they stuck to again and again.

25. Jess2 November 10, 2011 at 03:45 #

She looks lovely and I love the colour which looks really grat on her but yeah its nothing really special but i think that is appropriate for the event

26. mandy November 10, 2011 at 05:46 #

I think she definitely put some effort in this. I’m impressed. And that shade of lip color is amazing on her.

27. Emi November 10, 2011 at 08:53 #

First of all I think that she’s one of the most beautiful women of the world. Also, we all know that she’s not so focused on fashion, at least not as many other actresses. Said that, I don’t know what happened to her gorgeous hair, and I think she looks better with dark hair. I can’t even believe that this dress is Atelier Versace. Atelier should mean great tailoring, incredible cuts etc. This dress is so simple… nothing special anyway. Can I say that Brad’s style is incredibly worsened since they’re together? He used to be so elegant, now he dresses like a middle age man who tries to look young.

28. wilwarin November 10, 2011 at 10:34 #

for me this is look for a morning coffee during the summer…

29. Parvati November 10, 2011 at 14:12 #

I read the brand after I saw the photo and I was like “Are you kidding? THIS is ATELIER Versace???” :P Really underwhelming, really boring… I don’t care about this look at all.

30. Colleen November 10, 2011 at 14:59 #

I adore her, so in my eyes she can do no wrong. To me, she oozes sex appeal without even trying. One thing I would change about this? The shoes. Something sexier would have brought this to a whole other level….for me anyway. She still looks gorgeous.

31. nathalie November 10, 2011 at 17:30 #

Gosh…

it’s ridiculous how boring Angelina looks here. Hair: boring; Makeup: boring; Dress; beyond boring; shoes; super boring!!!!! and if i was her, i would always cover those scary skeletal arms, nobody is enjoying looking at it

As to Brad, no comments. All these last years with Jolie, he looks terrible

32. Kali December 6, 2011 at 19:55 #

I agree with everyone, she finally looks a bit more healthy than she has been lately. The dress I like. I’m not a big fan of those big foo foo dresses. I like the simple look. Makes them seem a bit more normal. I do wonder if they sit at home staring at each other saying, “no you’re hotter hunny, no you’re hotter.”