08.11.11

Jessica Alba In Tory Burch – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

Glamour’s 2011 Women of the Year Awards was a star-studded event in New York City last night.

Jessica Alba was there as a presenter to celebrate the women honoured at the event.

The mother of two wore a Tory Burch black and white sequin dress.

Whilst the actress is usually sensational, this time it was a miss considering the company she was keeping at this event.

The first thing that sprang to mind was a librarian at a Christmas party.

I wish her black tights and Jimmy Choo pumps didn’t blend into one.

Her half-up, half-down look made her resemble an elementary school student.

Neil Lane jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

In Khloe Kardashian's Closet - Alaïa Python And Suede Cutout Ankle Boots

In Khloe Kardashian’s Closet – Alaïa Python And Suede Cutout Ankle Boots

In Jennifer Garner's Closet - Lanvin Washed Viscose Twill Dress

In Jennifer Garner’s Closet – Lanvin Washed Viscose Twill Dress

26 Responses to Jessica Alba In Tory Burch – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

1. Carolina November 8, 2011 at 11:41 #

Librarians can be quite stylish – please don’t help perpetuate this dowdy stereotype, especially when we are struggling to keep our jobs and libraries open!

I like her in the colors – they really work for me, but you’re right that it doesn’t really seem appropriate. It IS very retro, however.

• Amanda November 8, 2011 at 18:19 #

2. Anne November 8, 2011 at 12:00 #

Librarian at a christmas party is a pretty cool look to have. I like it, but a tight bun might have made it even better.

3. Mick November 8, 2011 at 12:47 #

This is a very cute look, but she was definitely underdressed compared to the other guests

4. Luis November 8, 2011 at 12:48 #

I have to disagree, she look gorgeous, the hair, the clothes, make up, everything…

5. TeaAtTwo November 8, 2011 at 12:48 #

Feels so underdressed when compared to the other guest.

6. Rebecca November 8, 2011 at 12:59 #

Looks like she didn’t get the memo. She is always adorable, but this is a miss.

7. AW November 8, 2011 at 14:17 #

Sheer black hose, a classic pair of Manolo’s and taking away the trailer park part would’ve brought this look up a few notches.

8. Can November 8, 2011 at 14:22 #

Prepare for more of this until she loses the baby weight.

9. maria November 8, 2011 at 15:27 #

this is really a miss for her. I hate everything about it, especially the hair. It’s funny how something so sparkly can be so dowdy.

10. dee November 8, 2011 at 15:32 #

She is underdressed for the event but I like her look. I am not keen on the hairstyle. the middle part is not flattering on her.

11. Laura November 8, 2011 at 15:45 #

I wondered what was off for me. The dress isn’t the problem. The way she styled it is. She looks like she just got a role in Sister Act on Broadway. Just not right.

12. Alina November 8, 2011 at 16:04 #

OK, it’s official : her maternity style is better.

• justme November 8, 2011 at 17:31 #

lol ikr
      My first thought was “oh I wish she’d get pregnant again”.

• CreoleLady November 8, 2011 at 23:13 #

Me too, lol.

13. Claudia November 8, 2011 at 17:24 #

The first thing that came to my mind when I saw her was Alexa Chung..
    It’s so her style..
    anyway.. she looks amazing. Love it!

14. Nat39 November 8, 2011 at 17:32 #

This is awful, and confusing – she manages to look girly/childish (neck up) and matronly (neck down) at the same time – this is really bad.

15. k November 8, 2011 at 17:43 #

I think the dress could have worked for the event but the tights + shoes make it a miss for me as well. I really really wish she would do something with her hair to punch up the color – darker or lighter, but this in between takes away from her.

16. Hannah November 8, 2011 at 18:46 #

It’s such a rumpy mumsy look. There is nothing glamorous or even remotely attractive abotu this. I know she doesn’t really do glamour, but I so wish that one day we will get another moment like her in Versace at the 78th academy awards.

17. Cute but underdressed in comparison.

18. Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 23:07 #

Its such a shame, everyone looked so beautiful and glamourous and this is just a big miss. She has so much potential

19. Parvati November 8, 2011 at 23:51 #

It’s not a bad look, but compared to the rest of the attendees, she looks slightly underdressed. The other celebrities opted for glamorous gowns, while Jessica’s outfit here could be more appropriate for a press conference or something like that.

20. Kelsey mahan November 9, 2011 at 00:34 #

Its looks like a glittered pilgram outfit she looks like shes coming off of the may flower for real. However, bravo on trying something new her hair and make up looked pretty!

21. gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 01:34 #

She’s so cute but she’s had so many red carpet fails of late. It’s like she’s not even trying. This look is anything but glamorous…very disappointing. I’m sorry but this is a fail for me :(

22. Lola November 9, 2011 at 11:06 #

I saw her wearing Max Mara coat in NY. What sunglasses is she wearing?