Jennifer Lopez In Atelier Versace – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

Jennifer Lopez was back and in full effect on the red carpet at Glamour’s 2011 Women of the Year Awards which were held in New York last night.

The certified diva was presented with the All-Star Award at this event for managing to juggle a successful career in music, television, film, fashion and beauty, as well as being a great mother to three-year-old twins.

Donatella Versace presented J-Lo the award, so it was no surprise that the diva donned an Atelier Versace gown as the top honouree.

The dove grey Atelier Versace Fall 2011 gown is fully beaded with a leather petal detail at the nape of the neck which cascades down her gown.

She’s working the thigh-high split in true divalicious fashion to show off her crystallized Jimmy Choo peep-toes – and her toned leg of course.

This is the most beautiful she has looked all year on the red carpet. This is definitely a BDOTW contender.

Do you agree?

Credit: Versace.com & Getty

47 Comments
Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen - Harper's Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards 2011

Florence Welch In Alexander McQueen – Harper’s Bazaar Women Of the Year Awards 2011

Freida Pinto In Antonio Berardi - 'Immortals' LA Premiere

Freida Pinto In Antonio Berardi – ‘Immortals’ LA Premiere

47 Responses to Jennifer Lopez In Atelier Versace – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

1. SkirtTheIssue November 8, 2011 at 07:41 #

Oh no- between the last two posts- Jen and Florance- this is going to be one hard week! I agree FC, this is the best Jen has looked in a while- stunning!

2. Martin November 8, 2011 at 07:41 #

She does look so beautiful in the face – so elegant and graceful and pretty. But I am put off by the aggressiveness of that stance. The dress doesn’t require such an over-the-top pose. I think that it speaks for itself. But this is J. Lo after all, so subtlety obviously isn’t really a consideration for her …

• justme November 8, 2011 at 09:12 #

Perfectly said. There’s something off-putting and borderline desperate about her forced “sexiness” on the red carpet. Unfortunately, that’s J-Lo by essence.
      Such a shame, I would have loved this look.

• Linda November 8, 2011 at 14:54 #

Martin and justme summed up my thoughts on Jennifer Lopez perfectly.
        Hair and makeup and dress, all of them I love here, seems a little more refined than usual, except for that sexy aggressive pose.

• eloise November 8, 2011 at 10:00 #

that one pose it’s not like she was standing like that all night, she actually wasn’t like that most of the time.

• Martin November 9, 2011 at 02:20 #

Hey there. I wasn’t suggesting that she was posing like this all night – my issue with Jennifer Lopez is that she has a habit of exuding this aggressiveness and this forced sexiness that stands in marked contrast to the elegance of some of the gowns that she wears.

• karine_05_p November 8, 2011 at 13:01 #

I agree I don’t feel like she needed to stick her leg out that much.. I don’t know, it kind of lacks elegance in my opinion

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2011 at 13:05 #

You are accidentally putting your email in the name section, so I have to edit all your comments.

3. eloise November 8, 2011 at 07:50 #

she looks FAB !

4. allie November 8, 2011 at 07:50 #

Yesssssssssssss, I agree with you

• Alina November 8, 2011 at 15:53 #

I do too.

• Tahlia November 9, 2011 at 00:19 #

I third that. No one works a gown like J-lo!

5. gurlygurl November 8, 2011 at 07:57 #

WOW!! She is breathtaking. Definite BDOTW

• kath November 8, 2011 at 09:29 #

• Liz November 8, 2011 at 21:18 #

Agreed. She looks Flawless!

6. Mingas November 8, 2011 at 08:13 #

I was sooo waiting for you to post this dress I even tweeted you! I absolutely LOVED it. She looked breathtakingly beautiful …. she’s amazing. Loved loved loved it. Stunning gown. BDOTW or maybe BDOTY? :D

7. Emi November 8, 2011 at 08:26 #

Yes, I agree. I love her chic hairstyle but I’m tired of seeing lots of women posing with the leg out…

• eloise November 8, 2011 at 09:14 #

yeah she actually looks even better in the pictures when she pose “normally” with that dress.

8. Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 09:48 #

as Jeannie Mai would say… O M G!!! This is definitely BDOTW for me so far, it is just flawless, I have nothing bad to say whatsoever, she is stunning!!

9. Chloe November 8, 2011 at 10:16 #

I realise this is J-Lo but I gotta say that is WAY too much leg. Well put, Martin- it is aggressive.

10. Dorian Gray November 8, 2011 at 10:49 #

Could you post a pic of Donatella too?
    Thanks FC :-)

11. Jess November 8, 2011 at 11:03 #

fabulous dress, it’s too long for her though! someone taller would have done this dress justice

12. RebelR November 8, 2011 at 11:11 #

HANDS DOWN BDOTW!!! She looks amazing! No one can rock a dress like J.Lo. She IS Fashion. Award well deserved.

13. RebelR November 8, 2011 at 11:14 #

Jennifer is damned if she does, damned if she doesn’t on this website.

• Samantha November 8, 2011 at 17:01 #

Agreed. This is a great look that people would love if worn by someone else. BDOTW for sure.

14. anne November 8, 2011 at 11:25 #

What a great day! So far i’ve love all the looks posted. I stopped here at Jennifer cause she really looks great. I particularly love that she didin’t overdo it with the hair and make up. She kept it simple and let the dress/split do all the talking. There’s no doubt that Jennifer/Donatella collaboration always makes for a great red carpet moment.

15. Femme November 8, 2011 at 11:37 #

She shouldn’t pose with her leg all out like that with such a high split, enough sexiness without that pose. I love the dress, but I would like it even more had she worn those sparkly sandals as the versace model

16. Leo November 8, 2011 at 11:49 #

I expected to love this but I don’t. In theory this is the perfect dress for her but there’s something quite off. And the hair bothers me.

17. Carolina November 8, 2011 at 11:52 #

BDOTW for me. She’s working the daylights out of this amazing, gorgeous dress. It’s meant to be over-the-top, to me, so I don’t find her pose to be anything but suited… though can you imagine Tilda in this, perhaps with a bit less reveal?

18. roxana November 8, 2011 at 12:01 #

diva has arrived!

19. Lulla November 8, 2011 at 12:29 #

Definitely a BDOTW contender. I love it.

20. evelyn November 8, 2011 at 14:27 #

for sure a bdotw conterder..she’s looking stunning

21. DivaMom November 8, 2011 at 14:48 #

Lovely dress for sure, but the come EFF me poses are so nasty!

22. Samantha November 8, 2011 at 15:03 #

Her pose is gross but I saw pictures of her not doing it and still something was off i like the hair but its true what most have said, the way she tries to make things sexy is so overt and tacky it looks desperate. It has always been her style to try to give a seductive look and put like Angelina is a pro at but it falls flat.

23. dee November 8, 2011 at 15:26 #

I wish the gown wasn’t so long her. Other than that I like this on her. Hair and makeup are good too. I just hate divaness. It is so off-putting.

24. Laura November 8, 2011 at 15:39 #

I’ve never been a huge fan of sticking the leg way out of the leg slit, but if anyone can pull it off, JLo can. I do like this look a lot.

25. Vicky November 8, 2011 at 16:50 #

It looks better on the model. How tall is JLo? The dress makes her look super short even though she’s rocking sky high heels.

26. Rose November 8, 2011 at 18:06 #

I agreeeee she looks amazing!

27. Nicole November 8, 2011 at 18:25 #

This was one of my favorite gowns from all of the fall 2011 shows, so I’m super excited to see it on the red carpet. I think JLo does this gown justice. JLo has the confidence to pull this look off. It’s not quite as drool worthy as it was on the runway, but I can’t think of anyone else who could pull this off as well as JLo. Also I love the natural hair and makeup so it doesn’t over sex-ify the look. BDOTW for me ;)

28. Hannah November 8, 2011 at 18:56 #

Her hair and makeup si refreshing, but somethin about the whoel look doesn’t work entirely for me. I’m nto sure if it is the srength of the dress withe the soft makeup adn the uninspirig shoes, or if it is that I wanted someone taller to wear this dress in the first place. I also think that there is an elegance in the photo os Kasia in the dress, which JLo fails to have, with her classic Diva pose, and I feel an equally strong but less obvious pose would hav ecomplemented the hair, makeup and dress better.

29. frommdq November 8, 2011 at 21:51 #

this is definitely a dress that for which I can stop eating right now and she is doing it justice. BDOTY for my!

30. Kelsey mahan November 9, 2011 at 00:48 #

I hate Jlo but this really looks good on her. Perfect fit for her

31. Palm Lopez November 9, 2011 at 03:06 #

Gorgeous Stunning Amazing <3 <3 <3

32. Raquel November 9, 2011 at 04:10 #

I see nothing agressive on this, it’s her usual pose for the last… 10 years? And her face looks very… relaxed and the pout is at minimum so I really don’t get that agreesive thing people are talking about.

All this said, I don’t like the dress, but the truth is that JLo is one of the very few out there who always own her looks no matter how bad or unnapropriated they are.

33. Sofia November 9, 2011 at 10:09 #

OMG! FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! Love the legs, the hair, makeup, the way the dress fits! she looks absolutely flawless!

34. Jen November 10, 2011 at 03:42 #

Love it. The hair and makeup is soft and pretty, but her attitude and the dress is mega fierce!