08.11.11

Jennifer Aniston In Versace – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

Jennifer Aniston didn’t walk the red carpet at Glamour’s Women of the Year Awards in New York City last night, but she was in attendance to present the Queen of the Night Award to her friend Chelsea Handler.

The actress did so wearing a Versace gown.

Of course it’s black and of course it reveals her toned legs. No shockers here I’m afraid.

The black chiffon bustier gown with a rise-and-fall hemline was only accented with the iconic gold Medusa head on the shoulder straps, but as always Jen likes her look to be plain.

Celine black sandals (can’t fault her shoe game) and Fred Leighton jewels accessorized her look.

Her trademark wavy locks were accented with a pin to hold back the side parting – how very Rachel Green of her.

This look is both sexy and meh at the same time, which is not an usual feeling.

Credit: Getty

Nicole Richie In Antonio Berardi - 15th Annual ACE Awards

Nicole Richie In Antonio Berardi – 15th Annual ACE Awards

In Selena Gomez’s Closet - Casadei Swarovski Open Toe Pumps

In Selena Gomez’s Closet – Casadei Swarovski Open Toe Pumps

37 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Versace – Glamour’s 2011 Women Of The Year Awards

1. Vidhya November 8, 2011 at 14:53 #

no one fights mother nature… if u r 40, u look 40.. too bad none of those million dollar treatments work!! fashion wise, another meh look from her.. its so boring :(

2. M November 8, 2011 at 14:58 #

although its the usual jennifer in a black dress…. i do think she looks kinda sexy in this dress… i actually like it…

• Badaboum November 8, 2011 at 15:35 #

Me too I really like it. I am getting used to it: she doesn’t want to be a clothe horse, she doesn’t seem to care that much for fashion, but she still wants to look her best (a little bit like Catherine the Duchess of Cambridge).
      She is unlikely to give us a jaw dropping moment anytime soon, but she never looks bad. I like that I can identify to her to a certain extent.

3. DivaMom November 8, 2011 at 15:01 #

From the side, the gown is pretty fantastic. From the front it looks a little negligeé-ish. She’s working the hell out of it that’s for sure. What the heck is Chelsea Handler wearing though?

4. Dorian Gray November 8, 2011 at 15:06 #

Black + Versace = Angelina :-P

5. xdittax November 8, 2011 at 15:22 #

Yes, you’re right, it should be plain and boring, but she looks ravishing and stunning. Love it.

6. Jacqu November 8, 2011 at 15:30 #

I dislike her, I really do. After Friends there was nothing that made me like her as a celebrity or as an actress. Given my personal opinion on her though, I really think she looks great right now. She sure likes those thin strapped shoes and for once it worked for me. The dress is beautiful on her!

Then reading over the comments (I’m lookinga t you Dorian Gray :P) I have to say, I’d like to see this on Angelina and I think she’d look way better.

• Dorian Gray November 8, 2011 at 16:01 #

7. Joy November 8, 2011 at 15:35 #

I reallly like this look on Jen. However, I always like her looks. Sexy and classi! I don’t fault her for following a trend in her styling. I think if she stepped out of her box so to speak it wouldn’t be authentic and then we would complain about that too.

• Jessica November 8, 2011 at 16:04 #

I agree with everything you said! What’s wrong with sticking with the tried and true? I know it’s not ideal in the fashion world, but i think she looks great! & i love her shoes.

• gurlygurl November 9, 2011 at 01:22 #

Agreed, she knows what works for her and I like that she always looks polished. Her outfits are well put together and perfectly cut to show off her assets… and she’s always classy and classic. It’s a rare ocassion that I don’t think she looks great. If she were a much younger girl I’d expect to see lots of changes and trying new things but for Jen I think her consistency with her style works.

• Joy November 9, 2011 at 11:35 #

Exactly!!! :)

8. Emi November 8, 2011 at 15:36 #

I don’t think it’s boring. The dress is beautiful, she has beautiful legs but I think she could do something better with the hair.

9. maria November 8, 2011 at 15:37 #

i think it looks great in motion, but not so spectacular on posed pictures. It’s definitely okay.
    I actually like her hair. I always prefer the waves to the pin straight one.

It’s amusing to me that the pin look like it costs $1 at a regular beauty store. They could have maybe picked something a bit more fancy.

10. dee November 8, 2011 at 15:38 #

Nothing special and I hate when she wears a pin or barrette to hold her back.

11. Nadin November 8, 2011 at 15:38 #

I like the hair clip on her, which makes her look young and playful chic. And…nothing else there.

12. Laura November 8, 2011 at 15:49 #

On the red carpet, I probably wouldn’t like it, but moving, it’s got a real nice look to it. I actually like it.

13. Alina November 8, 2011 at 15:59 #

I don’t love it, but I don’t dislike it either.

14. Emmeline November 8, 2011 at 16:08 #

I actually really like this. Her shoes are fabulous and the dress looks gorgeous in motion.

15. fromchi-town November 8, 2011 at 16:36 #

I think it looks great. She looks fabulous even if it boring black,

16. fashionmint November 8, 2011 at 16:54 #

black aside..she looks spectacular !

17. Nat November 8, 2011 at 18:05 #

When such a sexy black high tigh-split Versace dress looks boring, something’s seriously wrong.
    But what bothers me the most about this look is actually her hairstyle and the pin, which I think shouldn’t be allowed if you’re above 12 years old (ok, ok, I’m kidding…but definetly it doesn’t suit someone in her 40s). ;-)

• Rebecca Z November 9, 2011 at 05:50 #

+1 Make an effort!

18. Hannah November 8, 2011 at 18:30 #

I really dislike the hair, it is way too youthful and fun for a sexy look. I wish that this dress had been an aqua blue, mostly becaus eI am dyign for her to wear that colour (or any colour) and also because I think it woudl work well with the fliudity of the dress. I think had her hair been up nd had her shoes been a little mroe interesting, although she does have generally good shoe choice, this look woudl have been elevated. Also, fo rthe record, I am still on bump watch.

19. el November 8, 2011 at 19:24 #

i honestly love her look! she is GORGEOUS! the dress the legs the face -she is glowing!

20. WendyB November 8, 2011 at 20:52 #

Ooh! A mullet dress. I like.

21. Liz November 8, 2011 at 21:17 #

Boring in black as usual.

22. karen November 8, 2011 at 21:37 #

i don’t like this dress or anything about this look. It looks like lingerie and she looks absolutely boring.

23. Windsor November 8, 2011 at 21:50 #

Her smile, spirit and attitude sold it to me

24. jeremyrain November 8, 2011 at 23:24 #

Has anyone notice she 95% of the times wear strapping sandals? I guess she’s really proud of her feet. I’m not complaining though. At least they look sexy on her. Unlike those Brian Atwood black pumps…

25. Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 23:32 #

She looks lovely as always but meh its the same old same old. I don’t really like her hair pinned like that. Love the shoes

26. Kelsey mahan November 9, 2011 at 00:27 #

I really like her in this dress. The Versace gown is amazing i love the train . the whole thing was simple yet really beautiful.

27. roxana November 9, 2011 at 08:30 #

that clip in her hair is awful!

28. Jones19 November 9, 2011 at 13:35 #

As much as this is formulaic Jen, I usually always find something I like about her black, basic looks. I like that she doesn’t always go for the same silhouette and she wears really classic pieces. We can look at this pic in 5 years or 20 years and she’s still look good.

29. angeliki November 9, 2011 at 17:10 #

she’s gorgeous. and she has that sparkle. looove her.

30. nathalie November 10, 2011 at 17:39 #

Jen looks fabulous in this dress! her legs are a dream! and those shoes…look super sexy on her. Someone here commented that Angelina would pull this dress of much better…ehm…r u kidding me??!!! that skeleton??? does someone really want to see those sticks-legs?? eewww,,, i’d better not even imagine

p.s.: would love if Jen changed her hair and makeup from time to time