07.11.11

Zoe Saldana In Gucci – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

Zoe Saldana joined Camilla Belle in wearing a Gucci Spring 2012 look on the red carpet at the 2011 LACMA Art + Film Gala in LA on Saturday night.

The gorgeous actress donned a black and gold Gucci Spring 2012 dress with a gold chain detail draping down the open back.

Black and gold Gucci double chain ankle strap sandals from the same Spring 2012 collection were teamed with her look.

She finished her look with dramatic eye makeup, a shaggy updo and gold floral drop earrings.

This isn’t one of my favourite looks from Zoe. There were far better looks from this collection that would’ve worked for her.

I’m also not a fan of her makeup.

The whole thing feels very last minute and there’s no sparkle from Zoe which has been lacking from her last few looks.

Red carpet fatigue perhaps?

Credit: Getty

Altuzarra for Target Coming Soon

Altuzarra for Target Coming Soon

Selena Gomez In Marchesa - 2011 MTV European Music Awards

Selena Gomez In Marchesa – 2011 MTV European Music Awards

12 Responses to Zoe Saldana In Gucci – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

1. Jen November 7, 2011 at 11:38 #

I love this on her. Not the biggest fan of the shoes, but I think she pulls this off really well. Love the gold against her skin.

2. KateS November 7, 2011 at 11:47 #

She does look tired – the make-up’s really not the best – but I love the dress on her. She has the very narrow build required to make this shape work, and the black and gold is very striking on her.

3. Carolina November 7, 2011 at 12:13 #

The bodice is amazing, but I don’t like the skirt much – it’s both the length and the way the colors are done. I do agree that the makeup seems off, as well. Too bad – but I can’t wait to see more of this collection!

4. Elaine2 November 7, 2011 at 13:19 #

love the dress and the shoes!

• dee November 7, 2011 at 14:14 #

5. robbie November 7, 2011 at 13:23 #

the top part of the dress is gorgeous, the shoes are also gorgeous but the rest is very dull. i wish she had wore the dress camilla belle wore.

6. Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:36 #

I think she looks great as always. Chic !

7. Hannah November 7, 2011 at 15:05 #

It doesn’t wokr for me either. I adore the bakc though, but I do agree, it feels haphazard, the makeup especially, and I think that the fit is all kinds of wrong at the front. She also looks as if she is just stnading there, which is not what I would expect from her. I think that she has ha dsparkle in her last few looks, but maybe not as much as when we first were getting to know her. Also worth considering that she is getting married, and I imagine that that could be draining (planning the wedding).

8. Parvati November 7, 2011 at 15:54 #

I like the dress on her, but I don’t really like the make-up and the hair.

9. maria November 7, 2011 at 16:10 #

this dress does not look nearly as elegant as the one from Camille Belle or Evan Rachel Wood. i don’t like the skirt with the fringe.

I am also in agreement about her looking tired.

10. Elle November 7, 2011 at 21:40 #

It falls flat for me. Blah.