Olivia Wilde In Louis Vuitton – ‘Butter’ AFI FEST Premiere

Olivia Wilde made her second appearance on the red carpet this weekend when she attended the ‘Butter’ AFI FEST premiere which was held at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in LA last night.

The actress gives us our first look at the Louis Vuitton Spring 2012 collection on the red carpet.

Her white floral knee-length bustier with a peach sheer overlay wasn’t the most flattering choice.

This look is doing nothing for her.

Her sparkling silver jewels and matching Christian Louboutin platform peep-toes fail to add much excitement to this look.

Peach glossy lips and a headband-accented updo similar to the models completed her look.

The Olivia Wilde fashion roller-coaster ride continues. One minute she’s up, the next she’s down.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Ahna O'Reilly In Monique Lhuillier - 'The Long Shrift' Opening Night After Party

Ahna O’Reilly In Monique Lhuillier – ‘The Long Shrift’ Opening Night After Party

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang - 'Jack And Jill' LA Premiere

Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – ‘Jack And Jill’ LA Premiere

29 Responses to Olivia Wilde In Louis Vuitton – ‘Butter’ AFI FEST Premiere

1. Jacqu November 7, 2011 at 14:44 #

I’m going the opposite way. I was meh on her long red dress, but I kind of adore her here.

2. Hannah November 7, 2011 at 14:47 #

I agree, I find her sooooo boring! I rarely like any of her looks, in fact th elast one I remeber liking was the michael kors wrap-cashmere dress, which was divine. Everythign she wears is just so ageing and dull. This collection had a few nice ppieces, she picked out one of the worst, and most aged. I seriously, seriously hope she changed stylists stat.

3. AW November 7, 2011 at 14:47 #

Something about this screams “mother of the bride”.

It makes me shudder.

4. GusMex November 7, 2011 at 14:49 #

but is not olivias fault, is the lV collection, is not flattering for any body, it have bad cut, i don´t know maybe is me, i this this collectios is bad bad bad in so many ways

• gurlygurl November 7, 2011 at 22:55 #

Agreed… this does not work on the model so it’s hard to expect it to work on anyone else. It looks like a potato sack. Having said that I love her simple cute hair and make up. She’s darling.

5. Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:53 #

I actually like this more than her other look, but it is a big let-down considering what we know she’s capable of.

6. Raquel November 7, 2011 at 14:58 #

I like it a lot. Only thing I miss is some definition at the waitline, maybe a belt?

• Jo November 8, 2011 at 18:59 #

They should have taken off that nasty hairband and used it as a belt. She is SO beautiful but does have quite a large forehead – hairbands on her are bad, bad, bad and for the gym only. In fact the hair sort of looks like she went to the gym and didn’t quite have enough time to do anything with it…

7. Iris November 7, 2011 at 15:03 #

don’t agree with you here, FC — I think she looks lovely, if more spring than autumn/winter

8. Elaine2 November 7, 2011 at 15:06 #

my first impression is that this is a very frumpy look.

9. karine_05_p November 7, 2011 at 15:09 #

Very disapointing. I like the hair and makeup though.

10. Emi November 7, 2011 at 15:24 #

I agree, it doesn’t do anything to her, I also think that the dress is quite ugly. I love her hairdo, anyway.

11. Jess November 7, 2011 at 15:34 #

My first thought was ‘eh?’
    Even she looks bored in it! It’s pretty unflattering and looks wrong with her severe hair and sharp features.

12. rebecca o November 7, 2011 at 15:39 #

I think the dress is whimsical and pretty and totally wasted on her. I don’t get her appeal.

13. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 7, 2011 at 15:43 #

I don’t dislike it. Love the hair and makeup

14. Solarah November 7, 2011 at 15:56 #

Oh!!! another disappointment! PLEASE wear more colors and fire your stylist!!!

15. Parvati November 7, 2011 at 16:19 #

This is a pretty colour but I agree that the dress does nothing for her.

A bit off-topic: Why does everyone wear looks from the SS2012 collections on the red carpet??? OK, it’s nice to see cute, colourful, spring looks every now and then, but after all, it’s fall now… shouldn’t we see more fall looks?

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2011 at 16:29 #

someone made a great point a while back that by the time magazines print these pictures we will be in Spring 2012 so the looks will be in season lol

16. Anna November 7, 2011 at 16:26 #

FC, whom doy you see wearing this collection? I can’t think of anyone except Elle Fanning, who could look good in this.

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2011 at 16:27 #

Same…it’s a very girlie collection.

It’s kind of hard to picture anyone over the age of 15 wearing it.

It will be interesting to see who else picks it up.

17. maria November 7, 2011 at 16:29 #

this is totally the wrong dress for her. from the style to the colour…..if you compare it to the runway, such a difference in the “message” (for lack of a better word)

I do like her hairdo and makeup, but nothing saves this dress choice.

• dee November 7, 2011 at 17:41 #

18. TeaAtTwo November 7, 2011 at 18:09 #

An awkward juxtaposition of the dress screaming little princess and the wearer exuding womanliness.

19. Elle November 7, 2011 at 21:26 #

I like the idea of this delicate dress, just not on her. She’s too edgy I think.

20. heather November 7, 2011 at 21:28 #

Let’s face it…she is lovely, but her fashion sense is non-existent. This is proven out not only in her red carpet choices, but every time you see her in a candid street shot.

21. Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 05:46 #

I like the dress and in terms of the look I don’t mind it, it’s not awful. A belt would have done wonders. I love her hair and makeup.

22. Raquel November 8, 2011 at 14:55 #

I love this look and her hairstyle too. So lovely.

23. oksana November 9, 2011 at 16:23 #

she looks amazing, this kind of dress looks better on her

24. yourockmyworld November 9, 2011 at 18:39 #

I like it..love the peach colour on her.