Lady Gaga In Paco Rabanne – 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards

Lady Gaga was the queen of the night at the 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards, which was held in Belfast, Ireland, last night.

The eccentric singer opted to wear nothing but looks from the Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 collection with alien-like headwear by Philip Treacy.

She was in the press room wearing a figure-hugging silver metallic Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 dress which ironically matched her awards.

With her hair tiered and swept to one side she completed her look with silver glitter eyebrows and a blue glitter lip colour.

For her stunning rendition of ‘Marry The Night’ the singer wore a red thronged metallic two-piece with two huge discs providing the backdrop.

She collected her award for Best Female wearing a similar silver disc Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 dress with a Philip Treacy hat.

Gaga picked up the Best Video award for her single ‘Born This Way’ wearing an olive-green metallic Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 dress with a peplum and an extravagant shoulder detail which almost upstaged her Philip Treacy hat.

I’m not sure how, but Gaga dropped to her knees before accepting an award from Bar Refaeli for Best Song for ‘Born This Way’ wearing my favourite look of the night.

This Paco Rabanne Spring 2012 emerald-green skirt suit had an armour-like silver detailed bodice. Silver platform lace-up boots and yet another Philip Treacy hat topped off the look.

Which was your favourite look?

Credit: Style.com, PA & Fame Pictures

Evan Rachel Wood In Christian Dior - 2011 AFI Fest: LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable

Evan Rachel Wood In Christian Dior – 2011 AFI Fest: LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable

Kate Beckinsale In Gucci - LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

Kate Beckinsale In Gucci – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

30 Responses to Lady Gaga In Paco Rabanne – 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards

1. Uzair November 7, 2011 at 09:44 #

I’m so excited for Manish Arora as the new creative director of Paco Rabanne. He’s an absolute genius and proof of how working had towards creating your own niche pays off in the long run. Wuhoo!!!

• Uzair November 7, 2011 at 09:45 #

* working towards

• Iris November 7, 2011 at 12:57 #

+ 1

2. Terry November 7, 2011 at 10:50 #

Even if the 5th look is ruined by those hideous lace-up boots, that skirt suit is incredible.

3. Leo November 7, 2011 at 10:53 #

Look 2, it’s the only one that doesn’t feel completely ridiculous, because it’s a performance outfit. Gaga tries too hard, at first it was kinda funny, now it’s just plain stupid. She should go away.

4. robbie November 7, 2011 at 11:00 #

some absolutely gorgeous look ruined by her.

5. Martin November 7, 2011 at 11:01 #

I was so impressed by the looks Lady Gaga showcased at the EMAs last night. There is simply no-one in the world who can pull this stuff off like she can.

From a fashion perspective, the silver disc dress was my favourite simply because it was so out-of-this world mental. A walking piece of art if ever I saw it.

My goosebumps moment came when she performed “Marry The Night” in the red metallic two-piece number. I challenge anyone who saw that performance to argue that she is not the pop performer of her generation. Yeah, gushing fan-boy I am, but the interface between fashion and music has never been so explicit as it was last night during that awards show. Mind-blowing.

• Sara November 7, 2011 at 22:58 #

Well said Martin! Those who wish she should go away need to get over themselves and embrace something that is new. She has created a whole new way to embrace fashion and what it can do. I LOVE HER, even when I think she looks silly ;)

6. Jess November 7, 2011 at 11:40 #

as soon as I saw the shots of her I was like ‘yes, Paco Rabanne!’ Manish Arora did such a good job with the new collection…I loved all the metallic chain-mail type pieces.

7. Carolina November 7, 2011 at 12:19 #

This is awesome, all round. I love her performance art/style.

8. nokia November 7, 2011 at 12:44 #

This collection reminds me of Armani for some reason

• lelaid November 7, 2011 at 13:12 #

i think its just the very smooth metallic fabrics that are making that connection. armani privé did similar fabrics a few seasons ago.

9. The Dame November 7, 2011 at 13:48 #

I wish she would have worn skin coloured knickers under the first dress. My favourite is the last dress, the green one.

10. Christina November 7, 2011 at 13:54 #

I can’t make myself care that she’s Lady Gaga and that she ‘wears whatever she wants and it’s automatically awesome’. I don’t feel that way at all.
    I was starting to slowly like her style before this, as she looked quite normal, yet unique enough for it not to be boring, but here we are again….

11. Henrique November 7, 2011 at 14:19 #

Boring.

12. dee November 7, 2011 at 14:20 #

Don’t like any of it. I guess I am tired of Lady Gaga.

• Lils November 7, 2011 at 16:56 #

+ 1

• Adam November 8, 2011 at 11:55 #

I can’t stand her but she looked so ridiculously hilarious in these outfits that it kind of made my day. Thank you, Lady Gaga.

13. Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:21 #

The fifth look. The others are ridiculous.

14. Hannah November 7, 2011 at 15:13 #

Look 2 an dlook 5 sans hideous clunyk boots are the only ones tht work fo rme on any level. The first look is particularly bad, it is very unflattering, the makeup is awful, nude thongs do exist. I think that she has the innate power adn strenght to pull these looks off without the antics and the terrible makeup, but sh edoesn’t even try. For me sh eis on eof those rare people with such presence that they can pull off anything, be it simple or complex, and I wish she had done that.

15. Mol November 7, 2011 at 15:15 #

I picked the fourth look – it appears like an exotic underwater flower. I quite appreciate the way Gaga so boldly commits to a designer’s imagination and fantasies, I wish I’d been able to see her performances in these gorg designs.

16. mochababe73 November 7, 2011 at 15:38 #

LOVE everything.
    To be honest, Lady Gaga does alot of things to shock and bring a rise out of people. For some reason, this is not shocking. I think that this is very fashion forward instead of being costume-y.

17. Alfie November 7, 2011 at 16:21 #

She completely ruined this collection! It was one of the highlights of the S/S season and she whores it out.

18. Giuseppi Giraffe November 7, 2011 at 17:25 #

I guess I’m a little surprised I haven’t seen her in more paco rabone before this- this is maybe the first time I’ve seen LG in paco rabone, but really, I don’t think she’s wearing it at its best. It helps that she has taken a bit of a break from her costumey looks, bt it still just seems like more Gaga crazy, instead of the interesting, unique but classy collection that it is on the runway.

Also: Best video for born this way? Really?

19. Jazz November 7, 2011 at 20:56 #

I love Looks 1,2 and 5! The dress was a standout without being ridiculous and the red performance costume was VERY interesting and it surprisingly did flatter her. and of course, look 5 was quite normal and chic, definitely a fan

20. Iris November 7, 2011 at 21:03 #

Gaga looks like a silver puffer fish caught in a net.

21. Vidhya November 8, 2011 at 03:44 #

for an awards show, she brought Paco Rabanne right up to centre stage .. i dont really see gaga here.. i see only the clothes and they are downright awesome.. for the first time, the clothes upstaged gaga ( in a good way)..

22. micheline November 8, 2011 at 04:36 #

It’s an extraordinary and beautiful collection. I love the first look. She doesn’t do it justice at all. Imagine Tilda Swinton or Uma Thurman in that dress…

23. DM November 10, 2011 at 03:51 #

tired.

24. ashley November 10, 2011 at 03:57 #

i love her to death but i hate how she always tries to make herself look freaky. she is so beautiful without that god awful makeup. i used to love her outlandish style but now it’s become annoying. i prefer when she’s dressed down