Kirsten Dunst In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Melancholia’ AFI FEST Screening

Kirsten Dunst continues to make my heart flutter with her red carpet choices.

This was most definitely the case when she donned a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2012 dress to the ‘Melancholia’ special screening during AFI FEST 2011 in LA on Sunday night.

Her tomato-print bustier short-sleeve tea-length dress was teamed with black studded strappy sandals.

She went from a mild goth Derek Lam look to this smouldering 50s style dress in the space of 24 hours.

I much prefer this look, especially with those smoothed-out waves.

Pink glossy lips, a Van Cleef & Arpels floral ring and matching earrings completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Throwback Thursday #TBT

Evan Rachel Wood In Gucci - LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

Evan Rachel Wood In Gucci – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

22 Responses to Kirsten Dunst In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Melancholia’ AFI FEST Screening

1. Mick November 7, 2011 at 12:37 #

I never thought of KDunst as a Dolce&Gabbana type of girl, but she’s working so well in this! I was not keen on the previous goth look, but this one’s great.

On a side note, this collection is amazing.

2. Jacqu November 7, 2011 at 12:38 #

She looks breath taking. I would’ve loved a different kind of foot wear, but again, it’s Kiki, so I’d go with she’s perfect. :D

3. Emi November 7, 2011 at 12:47 #

Lovely, this girl really has style.

4. Kiran November 7, 2011 at 12:49 #

Woah, was not expecting that. There was a period were her red carpets appearances were like a long maze of frothy, tulle Chanel but now Kirsten’s making some very interesting and varied choices. She’s having a moment…let’s stand back and let it continue.

5. Elisa November 7, 2011 at 12:53 #

It looks way too long. I don’t like it. It looks like some of the horrible second hand-dresses I wore when I was 16 and thought I looked cool! :D But too bad, I really didn’t.

• dee November 7, 2011 at 14:08 #

• Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 02:38 #

my thoughts exactly!!

6. Jen November 7, 2011 at 12:53 #

I really like this, although I think it’s maybe a little big on her through the waist. Really appreciate that she paired a delicate shoe with this length.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 7, 2011 at 13:21 #

+1 and would have loved it a hair shorter. Pretty and fresh!

• maria November 7, 2011 at 16:19 #

yes, it should have been more fitted, like on the runway.

She looks lovely but the dress is a tad too big. Bummer.

7. From Russia With Love November 7, 2011 at 13:07 #

BDOTW!

• Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:41 #

DITTO.

8. Elaine2 November 7, 2011 at 13:15 #

I like the upper part of the dress, but the dropped waist with gathers reminds me of dresses from the 1980s. Not a big fan of what is going on in the waist/hip area of this design. I know the midi length is back, but for a dress styled like this, I think it should be shorter in length. The print is nice.

9. TeaAtTwo November 7, 2011 at 13:17 #

Girl is on a roll. Love it.

10. Raquel November 7, 2011 at 15:17 #

She loks stunning but the bottom of the dress is not flattering on her or on the runaway model. But the colors, hair, makeup make up for this.

11. Jess November 7, 2011 at 15:22 #

hmm I don’t actually like this, the cut is too dated. I think the combo of the short sleeves with the length + shape of the skirt is all wrong. If it were a fitted skirt with the same sleeves, OR strappy/strapless with the same skirt, it would be ok.

12. Joy November 7, 2011 at 15:23 #

Gosh I love her! Each look she has brought us in the last week is SO different. That’s what is so great about her. I just love this look!!! Love Love Love!!!

13. Sea November 7, 2011 at 19:06 #

i like that she tries different styles and rocks all of them!

14. Elle November 7, 2011 at 21:34 #

Her hair is like whipped cream! I like this look on her overall. It’s new and I like to be surprised.

15. gurlygurl November 7, 2011 at 23:06 #

I wish she had shortened this slightly but it’s a great look on her. I much prefer this to the leather dress. She looks great in color and she naturally has the old Hollywood glam that I’m glad she’s finally embraced. She looks stunning!

16. Alfie November 8, 2011 at 02:37 #

Cut off like 4 inches off the hem and we are good to go!

17. Jess2 November 8, 2011 at 02:38 #

I like this much more than the Derek Lam dress, and I like her her more here also. While the dress is cute I think the length is bad. While the length is very in right now I don’t think it works for this dress, it makes me think about really bad 80′s/90′s dresses. The runway length looks so much better and I think Kirsten would have looked much better.