Kirsten Dunst In Derek Lam – 2011 AFI Fest: LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable

Kirsten Dunst attended the LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable during the AFI FEST 2011 on Friday in LA.

The actress, who’s been giving us a range of looks recently, wore her second look from the Derek Lam Spring 2012 collection.

Her simple black leather dress with a square neckline and a full skirt was teamed with black-mesh open-toe Chanel booties.

I love her super-wavy locks which, along with the booties and a grape lip colour, give this look an edge we’re not used to seeing from Kirsten.

A floral-accented bracelet and star stud earrings completed the look.

I find this look really interesting, but I can’t say I’m fond of the booties.

I’m glad she didn’t try to push the edgy goth look too far.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture – ‘Snowpiercer’ Seoul Premiere

Tilda Swinton In Valentino Couture – ‘Snowpiercer’ Seoul Premiere

In Elizabeth Olsen's Closet - Erdem Lucietta Floral-Print Silk Crepe De Chine Gown

In Elizabeth Olsen’s Closet – Erdem Lucietta Floral-Print Silk Crepe De Chine Gown

18 Responses to Kirsten Dunst In Derek Lam – 2011 AFI Fest: LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable

1. Terry November 7, 2011 at 10:44 #

I usually hate leather dresses (the fetish-goth effect is just around the corner), but I really like this one, especially for the square neckline. She looked lovely. I’m glad she’s stepped out of her comfort zone.

2. Jess2 November 7, 2011 at 10:53 #

The Chanel booties ruin this for me and while the dress is fine it is blah for me. Her hair is lovely though. Also is it me or does she look much older here?

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 7, 2011 at 13:35 #

+1. So prefer the lightness of the runway shoe. These booties look like hoofs. Somehow she does look 10 years older in this shot. I like her with more finished hair.

• Jen November 7, 2011 at 14:32 #

Open toed booties always make me think of hooves, too. But I do like this dress.

3. Jacqu November 7, 2011 at 11:39 #

I love everything but I’m on the fence with her hair. But since it’s Kiki, I’ll just go out and say I love everything period.

4. noo November 7, 2011 at 11:59 #

the booties are just horrible imo and she could have used a bra!

5. dee November 7, 2011 at 14:14 #

this is bad. She is too pale for the black and the booties are awful.

• gurlygurl November 7, 2011 at 23:21 #

Agreed…. the black is not working. I feel everything here ages her. The leather dress flattens her boobs. Her body is very much straight up and down and this just makes her middle look like a block and those booties are all wrong. Having said that I actually like the leather dress just not on Kirsten.. or the runway model for that matter. It needs a woman with curves.

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2011 at 06:33 #

The models is swimming in this dress

• gurlygurl November 8, 2011 at 08:04 #

It looks like a butchers apron on the model. I would love to see this fitting someone well but I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head who could make this work.

6. Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:36 #

Not her best … not even close !

7. Raquel November 7, 2011 at 15:17 #

As a rule I dislike booties, and this is not exception. But the rest, oh, I like very much.

8. maria November 7, 2011 at 16:07 #

i like this look. I think the dress looks relaxed and comfortable and i am one of the few who actually likes the booties.
    after all the ladylike looks we got from Kirsten, i like the change up.

• Jackie November 7, 2011 at 18:49 #

Ditto!

9. Giuseppi Giraffe November 7, 2011 at 17:34 #

It looks pretty nice on her- on the runway model it just falls so flat IMO. The booties are okay. Not fabulous, but okay.

10. Jackie November 7, 2011 at 18:48 #

I think she reminds us of someone older with that hair… Lauren Hutton?

I like this grungy look because it’s not bad and it’s different from what we’re use to from Kirsten so I’ll take it! Change is nice! I do like the booties… I think they add to the look.

We don’t really have anything else from Kirsten similar to this so I think it’s hard to say that it’s not a good look.

11. Elle November 7, 2011 at 21:41 #

I want her to dress me, seriously! She is rocking so many great looks that I would totally wear. She has a very nice complexion. Great skin.

12. yourockmyworld November 9, 2011 at 18:47 #

ahh horrible..its so unflattering..I don’t think anyone in the world could work this dress(?)..