Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – ‘Jack And Jill’ LA Premiere

Katie Holmes took to the red carpet last night for the LA premiere of her latest movie, ‘Jack & Jill’.

The actress/designer wore an ensemble from her own Holmes & Yang collection.

Her silk-chiffon sleeveless v-neck dress has a crisscross purple top half and a black pleated skirt.

I was going to give her ill-fitting, bra revealing, self designed dress a mercy thumbs up until I saw the Lanvin pumps.

The colour isn’t the issue; it’s those grey ankle straps.

I fail to see what look she was trying to achieve by adding them as they cut her off at the ankles.

Credit: Getty

34 thoughts on “Katie Holmes In Holmes & Yang – ‘Jack And Jill’ LA Premiere

1. Hannah

The dres sis so super frumpy, especially wih the uber blah hair. Secretary is what comes to mind. I agree about the shoes, Lanvin does some gorgeous shoes, these included, but these do not work with the dress, they are a more casual NOT RED CARPET, shoe.

1. Emi

Well said. Since she’s supposed to be an actress, she should keep acting because she’s not talented as a designer, unless Zara would like to hire her.

1. heather

Count me in! That is one of the most unflattering get-ups I’ve ever seen. And I’m not just saying that because she makes me want to slap that smirk off her face everytime I see her – it would look bad on ANYONE!

1. Mary Gatto

“Emi’s reply:
        Since she’s supposed to be an actress, she should keep acting because she’s not talented as a designer.”

Actually, I think she’s equally talented as an actress as she’s as a designer. (that’s a lot of ‘as’ses in that sentence) You know what I mean? *wink wink

1. Lara

It’s a bit sad when your 5 year old daughter has more style on the sidewalk than you do on the red carpet… Her glossy hair I do love, thoughI

2. Jacqu

I’m too lazy so I’ll just copy paste my comment in cb:

It looks like two dresses that were haphazardly put together to make an outfit. Cut bottom of purple dress to make a top. Cut the top of the black dress to make a skirt. Ooops! The skirt’s not the right length. Quick! Roll it around the waist and call it fashion.

3. Hermoine

Maybe I am alone in this, but I can’t remember the last time I saw her on the red carpet and went ‘whoa’!
    The out fit ages her 20+ years and the bra hanging out is a travesty. That’s before you get to the shoes!!

4. Parvati

At first, I found the look rather cute, then I noticed how wide this dress makes her look like, so I finally think it’s quite bad.

5. maria

she should not wear her own designs. It’s not very good advertising…..

it’s unbelievable to me that she sells this line in high end stores…. with so many incredible designers not being able to finance their collections….

6. Giuseppi Giraffe

Okay, the fuschia is a noce color on her, but I don’t care for the cut of this, and if I were wearing my own clothing at a public event, I would make sure it was hanging right. That visible bra really looks inept.

7. Ade

She really needs to go back to being friends with Victoria Beckham. This dress is so bad, even the the bottom two designers on project runway won’t create this for a challenge.

1. gurlygurl

TRUE!! She used to be someone to watch for all the right reasons! Everytime I see her these days her clothes are ill fitting … it’s as if they were bought for someone else. I’m not keen on all this hair either.

8. Steph

God she needs some help! Who is ever going to buy anything she designs from her fashion line when she looks like that!

9. Sharon

LOL at your “mercy thumbs up”. Mercy is exactly what this look needs. It is just a mess. I agree wholeheartedly with whoever suggested she go back to Victoria Beckham for style advice. Even her gorgeous hair has no style. She’s often said that her daughter picks her clothes. Maybe it’s time for that to stop.