07.11.11

Evan Rachel Wood attended the LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable during the AFI FEST 2011 on Friday in LA.

The actress opted to wear a Christian Dior grey wool flannel pencil dress with button details.

She paired her dress with a black bow accented leather belt and black satin Ferragamo pumps.

Black crystal stud earrings, a black bracelet, and a natural pink lip colour completed her look.

This is my least favourite look from Evan.

She’s too young to be wearing this safe, aging look.

This is a great look for an office, but not a red carpet event especially when the words ‘Young Hollywood’ are in the title.

Credit: Getty

In Emma Stone's Closet - 3.1 Phillip Lim Sleeveless Peek-A-Boo Panel Dress

In Emma Stone’s Closet – 3.1 Phillip Lim Sleeveless Peek-A-Boo Panel Dress

Lady Gaga In Paco Rabanne - 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards

Lady Gaga In Paco Rabanne – 2011 MTV Europe Music Awards

20 Responses to Evan Rachel Wood In Christian Dior – 2011 AFI Fest: LA Times Young Hollywood Roundtable

1. Jess2 November 7, 2011 at 09:43 #

I think she looks lovely but I don’t think it belongs on the red carpet

• dee November 7, 2011 at 14:21 #

2. Jen November 7, 2011 at 10:30 #

I thought it worked since she was basically sitting on a stool answering questions at the event. I like the vintage feel.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) November 7, 2011 at 13:47 #

I love the dress and I like it on her. Would have preferred to see this type of look on someone like Kristen Scott Thomas. Too mature for Evan Rachel.

• Mol November 7, 2011 at 15:20 #

I like the vintage feel too, different shoes perhaps, but I liked it for the event.

3. Emi November 7, 2011 at 10:44 #

This is my least favorite, too. First of all I don’t like the fit, and it ages her so much. There’s a difference between being classy and trying to look old Hollywood style and and looking old. Also, it’s not a red carpet look.

4. Jacqu November 7, 2011 at 11:36 #

For me it looks perfect on her and event appropriate.

5. Faellie November 7, 2011 at 11:52 #

She needed at least a knee-length skirt and to have her bosom well-covered if she was sitting on a stool answering questions, so the dress was event-appropriate. I like this outfit: the fit is excellent. Some old-style hollywood waves in her hair would have been the finishing touch.

6. Lee Ann November 7, 2011 at 13:03 #

FC- I own this dress!! But I wear it to a client meetng or lunch . I think it is lovely but I would say that…

• Fashion Critic November 7, 2011 at 13:06 #

It is lovely, perfect for the office environment or a lunch as you would wear it.

7. Rebecca Z November 7, 2011 at 13:33 #

I think she looks cute–she is dressing up, just like she did with the flapper look, etc. You never really see her–wonder who she really is?

It is a gorgeous dress–I want it.

• IsabellaValentina November 9, 2011 at 17:48 #

I met Evan about a year ago. She was wearing a puffer jacket, black leggings and boots that I don’t remember well. I do remember that her hair was up (like you’d wear it if going to the gym) and she was wearing very “glam” makeup despite being otherwise dressed down. I also remember being surprised by how bubbly and friendly she was although I’m not sure why…something about her “persona”.

8. Kaylie November 7, 2011 at 14:03 #

I feel like this look was appropriate for the event. She was sitting down with a few other young actors who have movies in the Oscar discussion this season to discuss acting with a newspaper journalist. I think Kirsten Dunst dressed too sexy for the event.

• dee November 7, 2011 at 14:22 #

I think after second thought I agree this is appropriate for the event.

• maria November 7, 2011 at 16:03 #

i also agree that it’s appropriate for a day time event. I like the buttons and think this is cute.

9. Alina November 7, 2011 at 14:13 #

She’s lost …

10. Jackie November 7, 2011 at 18:58 #

This is boring but I think it’s because of the shoes. The dress is already so safe but to add those round toe pumps… not cool! I hate the shoes.

The dress is nice and not quite appropriate for the RC but if she was answering questions on a stool that this is perfectly fine! Different shoes could’ve definitely, really made this a good look. I don’t know what but something not so rounded and not satin. Maybe something with a bit of embellishment…

11. Dhppy November 7, 2011 at 21:29 #

I kind of love it. Hitchcock would have been beside himself over this.

12. Elle November 7, 2011 at 21:48 #

I WANT THIS. Not sure if it’s appropriate for the event since it’s so ordinary, but not in my book!

13. Jen November 10, 2011 at 03:53 #

I like it. would like it more if the hem and the belt were both a smidge higher.