Kate Bosworth In Erdem – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

Kate Bosworth opted for yet another Spring 2012 dress on the red carpet at the LACMA’s Art and Film Gala which took place LA yesterday evening.

The actress wore an Erdem Spring 2012 dress.

I really tried to fall in love with this lace lemon off-the-shoulder dress, but I failed.

As beautiful as the dress is, it feels a tad frumpy on Kate.

I can picture January Jones wearing this on the set of ‘Mad Men’ with a string of pearls and a voluminous bouffant on a rare out night with her on-screen husband.

I’m not sure if it’s the lace sleeves or the lack of definition around the waist, but it just doesn’t work for me.

Kate accessorized with champagne coloured accessories included a Christian Louboutin clutch and Jonathan Kelsey pumps.

A chic updo and pink lips completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler - The Hollywood Reporter's Annual Next Gen Reception

Felicity Jones In Proenza Schouler – The Hollywood Reporter’s Annual Next Gen Reception

In Nicky Hilton's Closet - J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Twill Cropped Skinny Jeans and Rebecca Minkoff Covet Bag

In Nicky Hilton’s Closet – J Brand 811 Mid-Rise Twill Cropped Skinny Jeans and Rebecca Minkoff Covet Bag

35 Responses to Kate Bosworth In Erdem – LACMA’s Art and Film Gala

1. Alina November 6, 2011 at 11:37 #

The dress is not that bad, but the accessories …

2. Jess2 November 6, 2011 at 11:47 #

Not a fan of this look. I don’t think that so much of the colour works on her. I do like the neckline but I agree that the sleeves don’t work and there is something about the change of shade in the picture that is a bit off for me, I don’t mind it on the model though. I also don’t like the shoes very much, a rounded toe would be better than the pointed I think. However her hair and makeup is lovely as always

3. Alex November 6, 2011 at 12:51 #

I am absolutely in love with this dress and Kate really does not sell it to me. I think that I would love it on someone who has more grace on red carpet like Michelle Williams, Clemence Poesy or Diane Kruger.

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2011 at 13:40 #

Agreed. This would have looked better on all those you mention

• molly November 6, 2011 at 18:25 #

I totally agree. Kate always wear clothes best suited for a music fest, so she looks awkward in something so graceful.

• Elle November 6, 2011 at 21:21 #

So true. For Kate Bosworth I see her as being sweet and girly yet edgy. This is just too sweet overall.

4. Jacqu November 6, 2011 at 12:55 #

I want to love it, I really want to love it, because even if I’m not fond of Bosworth, the whole look is something that I’m fond of. I think it’s the skin color and lighting that’s putting me off. The combination of her skin and that dress somehow does not produce a divine result, like she’s too pink for it and it’s the kind of pink that doesn’t glow.

In natural light maybe I could get down with this.

• karine November 6, 2011 at 15:26 #

I agree about the pinkish skintone not working the the color of the dress. Maybe on a more olive skin tone or another lighting, as you wrote

5. Shaina November 6, 2011 at 12:57 #

For me, it’s the sleeves. I wish they were lined or something. Also I don’t like her choice of accessories. The pairing of the colors is just off.

6. The Dame November 6, 2011 at 13:31 #

I love it, I dont like the shoes.

• DivaDebbi (Beauty & Fashion Blog) November 6, 2011 at 14:11 #

+1. Would have been great on SJP.

• Parvati November 6, 2011 at 14:27 #

I agree, the dress is really cute and I like the colour, but the shoes, not so much… I dislike shoes that are so pointy and the ones Kate’s wearing here prevent me from loving it.

7. TeaAtTwo November 6, 2011 at 14:09 #

I’ll be in the minority that thinks she actually looks nice.

8. rebecca o November 6, 2011 at 14:19 #

I think it’s really pretty but it’s a total summer look. It looks strange in winter and at a Gucci event, no less.

9. Elaine2 November 6, 2011 at 14:51 #

Maybe it would look better on someone with dark hair? And a killer necklace would be great, too.

10. CB November 6, 2011 at 15:09 #

I think the matchy-matchy satin accessories make this look feel a little bridesmaid. Hair and makeup are stunning though and the dress has a lot of potential.

• Rebecca Z November 6, 2011 at 17:46 #

I agree–and I don’t usually like this particular hairstyle. I like the dress on her, but it is bridemaid-like, especially with the satin accessories.

11. Chloe November 6, 2011 at 15:49 #

i LOVE it

12. Jess November 6, 2011 at 16:56 #

I don’t know….something about the bodice is odd/frumpy. I think this would suit a raven haired girl better anyway, like Zooey Deschanel or Katy Perry when she had black hair. The retro silhouette would suit those girls nicely.

13. noo November 6, 2011 at 17:14 #

i like it on kate, its true the dress wasn’t made for her but her hair and make up were good and she accessorized well imo.

14. Vanessa Teixeira November 6, 2011 at 17:29 #

Ela criou um ar romântico.
    Beijos…

15. Charlotte November 6, 2011 at 19:21 #

FC, i’m so excited to see your coverage for the EMAs because they are in my home city, Belfast! I met lots of them yesterday! I met Lady Gaga and she was so so so lovely! I was never that bothered about her but after meeting her, that’s completely changed! She was so grateful to all her fans and so was Selena! Bruno Mars on the other hand, avoided all of us! So did Justin Bieber.. too big an ego :/

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2011 at 21:54 #

Its always interesting to meet celebs to see how they really behave.

I’m back home tomorrow so will catch up on the MTV awards in the morning.

16. Iris November 6, 2011 at 20:43 #

I think she looks beautiful. Her hair is stunning, her skin is glowing and the colour is divine on her. I think this look is super classy and glamourous.

17. Nat39 November 6, 2011 at 20:58 #

Love the colour on her, don`t find the dress frumpy on her but on the model it truly IS frumpy! The champagne coloured accessories work really well, it`s the pointyness of the shoes that bothers me, and would`ve preferred red lips.

• Nat39 November 6, 2011 at 21:15 #

I think it`s actually the pointy shoes that makes it look frumpy not the dress.

18. Emi November 6, 2011 at 21:16 #

She looks very cute and graceful, but I think that the dress and the accessories look cheap, the shoes are ugly.

19. Jones19 November 6, 2011 at 22:23 #

Ugly shoes but love the dress.

20. Tfrom Sydney November 6, 2011 at 22:55 #

Beautiful hair and make up as always but I hate the dress it’s something out of the 80s

The colour is wrong and I really hate those shoes.

21. Hannah November 6, 2011 at 23:15 #

This pains me to say, as she is one of my RC faves, but this is a bad look, imo. Somethign about it looks vintage in a abd way, like 80’s prom-ish. The cut-off shoulders withthe style of the dress really realyl doesn’t work for me, the colour and fabric, especially with all the creasing and stuff at the bodice makes it look cheap, the shoes and clutch are adding to the prom vibe I am getting, and the 80’s one, and the colour doesn’t work for her, because it really brings out the pink undertone in her skin. She always feel sos clean and modern to me, but this look is most definitely an exception. Most of all I thinkt he dress does’t suit her, Clemence Poesy is the first person that same to me, probably because of hte blue YSL dress she wore a while back, and also the accessories and styling really work against this dress.

22. Umi November 6, 2011 at 23:17 #

I think she has a very charming smile, but she looks a lot older than she actually is in this dress and with this hairstyle.

23. gurlygurl November 7, 2011 at 00:21 #

I love this dress. It’s not an epic fail on Kate but not quite right for her either. This is a womans dress, it needs to be worn by someone with flair and drama. The accessories on the other hand are very bad.

24. Liz November 7, 2011 at 04:59 #

Love the dress. Hate the shoes she paired with it. She should’ve gone with some strappy sandals.

25. bec November 7, 2011 at 08:20 #

There is something about the lace arms that is putting me off. I think its the way the yellow looks with her skin tone. It just doesn’t work for me.

26. Vicky November 7, 2011 at 09:30 #

Wrong accessories and her skintone does not go with the colour of this dress! It looks like she has the worst sunburn ever.

Such a shame for this lovely dress, I’d wish to see Diane K or Thandie N in it..