VOGUE Editors Come Together For Fashion’s Night Out Tokyo

(click on image to enlarge)

Frederic Aranda captured Vogue editors from all its magazines across the world as they joined forces for a very special Fashion’s Night Out in Tokyo to celebrate fashion and to lend their support to Japan as the country recovers from the devastating earthquake and tsunami earlier this year.

This is the very first time such a photo has been taken.

You will no doubt recongise Ms Wintour who celebrated her birthday, but here’s the who’s who from left to right: Yolanda Sacristan, Spain (seated), Kirstie Clements Australia (middle), Anaita Adajania – India (back), Christiane Arp, Germany (seated), Angelica Cheung, China (standing), Franca Sozzani, Italy (seated), Mitsuko Watanabe – Japan (standing), Anna Wintour, America (seated), Emmanuelle Alt – France (reclining), Alexandra Shulman – Britain (seated), Victoria Davydova, Russia (standing), Anna Harvey, representing Brazil and Greece (seated), Seda Domanic – Turkey (seated), Myung Hee Lee – Korea (seated), Rosalie Huang -Taiwan (standing), Eva Hughes, Mexico and Latin America (standing), Paula Mateus – Portugal (seated)

I love that Emmanuelle Alt is the rebel in the pack as stays true to her style.

Ms Wintour just can’t live without those Manolo’s.

Credit: CondeNast UK

21 thoughts on “VOGUE Editors Come Together For Fashion’s Night Out Tokyo

1. heather

Wow. Just goes to show that having access to the best fashion in the world doesn’t mean you have good personal style. Yolanda and Emmanuelle look uber cool, as usual, but the rest look pretty dowdy. Anna Wintour’s shoes look like something my 87 year old grandmother would wear!

2. Badaboum

As a parisian born and raised, I have to say I am really sick of people talking or writing about this so-called parisian chic, because I don’t think this is something that really exists. But Emmanuelle Alt has made me changed my mind: she looks soooooooo cool! How does she do it?!

To me Emmanuelle Alt, Franca Sozzani and Christiane Arp look by far the most elegant and have the most interesting styles. Effortless and chic.

3. eimearoconnor

Agreed bloody love Emmanuelle Alt, shes the epitome of cool and I love her vogue covers, a little amount of text and more about the photo, not covered in ugly type!!

4. mm

Rosalie captured the Kool Kid vibe for sure

Pet peeve seeing the bottom of Emmanuelle’s shoe, i guess including the alexander mcqueen clutch makes up for that.

I love the pic of Franca, so elegant. And Yolanda shows you how to display your best assets (legs for miles)

5. Melrose

When you enlarge the pic, it becomes blown out & super grey (like with a bad flash)…

yet the thumbnail it looks perfect.

6. Hannah

Yolanda and Emanuelle are easily my faves. I also happen to adore both their magazines. I also find it sad that many of them are wearing navy or black.

7. robbie

i will be in the minority but anna looks amazing as does emanuelle. the rest are dull, and that blue outfit looks CHEAP!

8. sharon f

What is most vital is the support they brought and the funds they raised to support Japan’s tsunami relief efforts. Would love to know how much was raised. Luxury and charity can come together

9. Nadine

I wonder if Anna let them sing Happy Birthday to her…and if it made her so mad she polished her shoes to the nth degree for them to stand out like a sore thumb! Of course, that’s silly – she would’ve had a minion do the polishing.

10. LOLA

It’s funny to see how the most important/influencial women/editors in the fashion business are seated next to each other: Vogue US, Italia, Paris & UK.
    I love Emmanuelle because she looks like a rockstar everytime. She’s amazing.
    But, it’s really weird to see that most of those editors doesn’t have style. I mean, Emmanuelle, Anna, Franca & Yolanda are very stylish and inspiring but the rest is just Mehhh

Just look at Alexandra Shulman, she looks cheap to me

11. pipsqueak

Wow, this is certainly one picture to keep! Thanks for sharing. Emmanuelle is by far my personal favorite. Not that she’s “Parisian chic” (I’m turned off by such geographic generalization), but that this woman simply exudes that rock n roll cool and has great taste. While Anna’s look isn’t for my personal taste (she’s so America, the Hamptons!), I do like her looks in that she has a strong identity and stays true to it. So does Franca (Italy). I don’t know the other editors enough to have an opinion. But I’m disappointed with Ms. Shulman. I really expect more from the EIC of British Vogue. She needs to become a brand and dress for the job. She could do more for the fashion industry.

12. Raquel

I don’t think I know enough about the others editors to say that only Franca, Emanuelle and Anna have style. I think they all must have their personal styles and maybe some are not in a good day. I for once really like the Paula’s (Portugal) dress, and Angelica Cheung overall look. Non of them look really bad, IMO.