04.11.11

VOGUE Editors Come Together For Fashion’s Night Out Tokyo

(click on image to enlarge)

Frederic Aranda captured Vogue editors from all its magazines across the world as they joined forces for a very special Fashion’s Night Out in Tokyo to celebrate fashion and to lend their support to Japan as the country recovers from the devastating earthquake and tsunami earlier this year.

This is the very first time such a photo has been taken.

You will no doubt recongise Ms Wintour who celebrated her birthday, but here’s the who’s who from left to right: Yolanda Sacristan, Spain (seated), Kirstie Clements Australia (middle), Anaita Adajania – India (back), Christiane Arp, Germany (seated), Angelica Cheung, China (standing), Franca Sozzani, Italy (seated), Mitsuko Watanabe – Japan (standing), Anna Wintour, America (seated), Emmanuelle Alt – France (reclining), Alexandra Shulman – Britain (seated), Victoria Davydova, Russia (standing), Anna Harvey, representing Brazil and Greece (seated), Seda Domanic – Turkey (seated), Myung Hee Lee – Korea (seated), Rosalie Huang -Taiwan (standing), Eva Hughes, Mexico and Latin America (standing), Paula Mateus – Portugal (seated)

I love that Emmanuelle Alt is the rebel in the pack as stays true to her style.

Ms Wintour just can’t live without those Manolo’s.

Credit: CondeNast UK

Myleene Klass In Myleene Klass for Very - Mothercare VIP Christmas Party

Myleene Klass In Myleene Klass for Very – Mothercare VIP Christmas Party

In Nicky Hilton's Closet - Torn by Ronny Kobo Taylor Lumberjack Jacket and Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Sunglasses

In Nicky Hilton’s Closet – Torn by Ronny Kobo Taylor Lumberjack Jacket and Ray-Ban Original Wayfarer Sunglasses

21 Responses to VOGUE Editors Come Together For Fashion’s Night Out Tokyo

1. heather November 4, 2011 at 14:44 #

Wow. Just goes to show that having access to the best fashion in the world doesn’t mean you have good personal style. Yolanda and Emmanuelle look uber cool, as usual, but the rest look pretty dowdy. Anna Wintour’s shoes look like something my 87 year old grandmother would wear!

2. Lea November 4, 2011 at 15:10 #

now this is one intimidating picture

3. Badaboum November 4, 2011 at 15:16 #

As a parisian born and raised, I have to say I am really sick of people talking or writing about this so-called parisian chic, because I don’t think this is something that really exists. But Emmanuelle Alt has made me changed my mind: she looks soooooooo cool! How does she do it?!

To me Emmanuelle Alt, Franca Sozzani and Christiane Arp look by far the most elegant and have the most interesting styles. Effortless and chic.

4. eimearoconnor November 4, 2011 at 15:43 #

Agreed bloody love Emmanuelle Alt, shes the epitome of cool and I love her vogue covers, a little amount of text and more about the photo, not covered in ugly type!!

5. mm November 4, 2011 at 15:47 #

Rosalie captured the Kool Kid vibe for sure

Pet peeve seeing the bottom of Emmanuelle’s shoe, i guess including the alexander mcqueen clutch makes up for that.

I love the pic of Franca, so elegant. And Yolanda shows you how to display your best assets (legs for miles)

6. Melrose November 4, 2011 at 16:06 #

When you enlarge the pic, it becomes blown out & super grey (like with a bad flash)…

yet the thumbnail it looks perfect.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2011 at 16:08 #

the picture is fine. It only look blown out when you view it from Google reader

7. Hannah November 4, 2011 at 16:10 #

Yolanda and Emanuelle are easily my faves. I also happen to adore both their magazines. I also find it sad that many of them are wearing navy or black.

8. Isa November 4, 2011 at 16:23 #

Why is there someone representing Brazil and Greece, two totally different countries? I

9. robbie November 4, 2011 at 16:33 #

i will be in the minority but anna looks amazing as does emanuelle. the rest are dull, and that blue outfit looks CHEAP!

10. Vera November 4, 2011 at 16:46 #

Alexandra Shulman is almost unrecognizable.

Shame to see Victoria Davydova here. She’s just a blah.

11. TeaAtTwo November 4, 2011 at 17:51 #

I hope they launch a Vogue Africa soon.

12. Francois B November 4, 2011 at 19:08 #

My bad, I thought it was Anna Dello Russo who was at Vogue Japan. Please don’t kill me T___T

• María November 5, 2011 at 00:20 #

I think she is the fashion editor or something like that…
      Anyway Anna is the coolest Vogue worker.

13. sharon f November 4, 2011 at 20:10 #

What is most vital is the support they brought and the funds they raised to support Japan’s tsunami relief efforts. Would love to know how much was raised. Luxury and charity can come together

14. Nadine November 4, 2011 at 21:13 #

I wonder if Anna let them sing Happy Birthday to her…and if it made her so mad she polished her shoes to the nth degree for them to stand out like a sore thumb! Of course, that’s silly – she would’ve had a minion do the polishing.

15. Juanpyx November 4, 2011 at 23:14 #

Anna is wearing Marni S/S 2012 if someone wanted to know :)

16. LOLA November 5, 2011 at 02:31 #

It’s funny to see how the most important/influencial women/editors in the fashion business are seated next to each other: Vogue US, Italia, Paris & UK.
    I love Emmanuelle because she looks like a rockstar everytime. She’s amazing.
    But, it’s really weird to see that most of those editors doesn’t have style. I mean, Emmanuelle, Anna, Franca & Yolanda are very stylish and inspiring but the rest is just Mehhh

Just look at Alexandra Shulman, she looks cheap to me

17. pipsqueak November 5, 2011 at 13:47 #

Wow, this is certainly one picture to keep! Thanks for sharing. Emmanuelle is by far my personal favorite. Not that she’s “Parisian chic” (I’m turned off by such geographic generalization), but that this woman simply exudes that rock n roll cool and has great taste. While Anna’s look isn’t for my personal taste (she’s so America, the Hamptons!), I do like her looks in that she has a strong identity and stays true to it. So does Franca (Italy). I don’t know the other editors enough to have an opinion. But I’m disappointed with Ms. Shulman. I really expect more from the EIC of British Vogue. She needs to become a brand and dress for the job. She could do more for the fashion industry.

18. Raquel November 6, 2011 at 13:33 #

I don’t think I know enough about the others editors to say that only Franca, Emanuelle and Anna have style. I think they all must have their personal styles and maybe some are not in a good day. I for once really like the Paula’s (Portugal) dress, and Angelica Cheung overall look. Non of them look really bad, IMO.