04.11.11

Sarah Margaret Qualley In Alberta Ferretti – L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

Sarah Margaret Qualley accompanied her mom, Andie MacDowell, on the red carpet for the L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala held in the Big Apple.

The 16-year-old beauty wore a beautiful Alberta Ferretti creation.

It was no surprise that she wore a gown by this designer, as she made her runway debut for Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti during New York Fashion Week.

Needless to say, the sea foam green strapless gown is simply sensational.

I especially love the lace accents that start from her torso and work their way to the trim of the dress.

Like her mother, she wore her hair down. I would have preferred a half-up, half-down look, so that it wouldn’t be hiding her trés natural face.

She finalised her look with a small gold necklace, which I think the overall look would have been better without.

Credit: Getty

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Bianca Balti In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Birdman’ Venice Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Michael Michele In Alberta Ferretti - L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

Michael Michele In Alberta Ferretti – L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

18 Responses to Sarah Margaret Qualley In Alberta Ferretti – L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

1. Alina November 4, 2011 at 14:15 #

I agree with you, Daisy.

Half-up,half-down hairstyle would have been perfect and the necklace is unnecessary.

• Jess2 November 4, 2011 at 14:31 #

and I agree with you Alina, I would have loved to see more of her beautiful face and as you said the necklace is unnecessary. the dress is gorgeous!

• maria November 4, 2011 at 15:33 #

i agree too. the dress and the colour especially are stunning, but a loose updo would have corresponded with the romantic feel of the lace.
      i also would lose the necklace.

2. Jackie November 4, 2011 at 14:23 #

The dress is so so lovely but she, unfortunately, brings no life to it as she looks very bland.

Her hair is nice too but the length of her it exaggerates the shape of her face by making it look super long and exaggerates her torso making her shorter overall.

• Jackie November 4, 2011 at 14:38 #

I didn’t believe it when you mentioned that she was a model because my first impression was that she looked short.

3. coolfashionable November 4, 2011 at 14:23 #

Sarah Margaret she look ver beauty..

4. Joy November 4, 2011 at 14:43 #

Unusual color dress. Very pretty, however it would have been lovelier if you could have seen more of her face. Agreed she needed her hair half up to show her lovely young face.

5. AW November 4, 2011 at 15:02 #

I don’t like it. Being tall and thin is not enough. Maybe because she’s so young? She doesn’t have enough presence to pull off this gown. It’s just draped on her like a hanger.

• Nat39 November 4, 2011 at 16:42 #

I also think that she is not mature enough and simply doesn`t have the presence to pull it off.

• gurlygurl November 6, 2011 at 01:27 #

Very true… something is missing. It looks like a beautiful dress … on the wrong person. I think this is a dress for a woman not a young girl. Having said that the color is quite nice on her. She has lovely hair but it obscures most of her face.

6. Emmeline November 4, 2011 at 15:07 #

The dress is very beautiful. Sarah Margaret’s not exactly pumping it with life, but she’s young and hopefully will grow into that.

7. V November 4, 2011 at 16:08 #

I like the necklace. Makes this less dressy; more age-appropriate. It’s delicate enough to feel out of place too.

8. Hannah November 4, 2011 at 16:29 #

The dress is nice and the hair is gorgeous, but they don’t work together. It is just the way that the hair is chucked in her face, Jennifer Lopez for example often wears er hair down btu we can definitely still see her face. It truly is a gorgeous dress.

9. Elle November 4, 2011 at 21:09 #

I am in love with this gown! She looks pretty, like a woodland nymph/mermaid, but it is missing much. She is young and I know she will improve. Her mother is Andi Macdowell after all!

10. I want a dress in that colour!

11. Jess November 5, 2011 at 21:16 #

she reminds me of a mermaid.
    such a beautiful dress and such beautiful hair! so shiny!

12. Melinda Shelby November 11, 2011 at 14:21 #

What a beautiful young lady in a beautiful dress. Cute necklace too Sarah Margaret. YOU ROCK!!!