04.11.11

Olivia Palermo In Rochas – Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

Olivia Palermo strolled down the red carpet hand-in-hand with her longtime boyfriend Johannes Huebl when she attended the Princess Grace Awards Foundation Gala earlier this week in New York City.

To celebrate the event the socialite seemed to channel her inner Grace Kelly wearing a peach-colored Rochas dress, which she teamed with a matching Giorgio Armani fur stole.

While I usually like anything Olivia wears, to me, this felt a bit too ‘little girl playing dress up in mom’s closet’. The outfit was very matchy-matchy and the dress fits poorly around the bust.

She kept up the monochromatic look my pairing the ensemble with Charlotte Olympia pumps. Olivia smartly kept her jewelry simple—yellow diamond drop earrings and gold bracelets both by Carrera y Carrera.

Olivia opted for a navy clutch – which kills the look – a simple updo and natural makeup provided the finishing touches.

Do you think this ensemble is too costumey or just right?

Credit: Getty

In Abbey Clancy's Closet - Emilio Pucci Lace Trimmed Wool Jersey Dress

In Abbey Clancy’s Closet – Emilio Pucci Lace Trimmed Wool Jersey Dress

Kerry Washington In Ralph Lauren - L'Oreal Paris Legends Gala

Kerry Washington In Ralph Lauren – L’Oreal Paris Legends Gala

23 Responses to Olivia Palermo In Rochas – Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

1. Laura November 4, 2011 at 11:27 #

Just a really unflattering neckline on her, it needs someone with some bust to fill it out. She’s normally spot on, but this doesn’t exactly set the world on fire.

2. Goodie November 4, 2011 at 11:33 #

it’s the first time I don’t like what Olivia is wearing…

3. Mahima November 4, 2011 at 11:37 #

Ugh, dare I say ugly?

4. Martin November 4, 2011 at 11:40 #

I don’t think that her ensemble is too costumey at all. What I do take offence at is the wretched fit on that dress though. It looks so poorly-fitted and the shiny fabric shows every up every flaw. This could have been a great look, but that chest area just killed it.

5. Emi November 4, 2011 at 11:41 #

I don’t like it, at all. The fit is bad and the fabric seems cheap, I don’t like the accessories she chose at all, because the blue clutch is nonsense. A miss, for me. I also think that she does great for what concerns daily time looks, but when it comes to the evening, she’s often disappointing. And why did he choose that “pochette” (that’s how we call in Italy the handkerchief for the pocket of the jacket)? Awful.

• Jess2 November 4, 2011 at 13:03 #

too right Emi what is going on with that “pochette” , ew ew ew

6. jacqu November 4, 2011 at 12:32 #

I think fabric like that photographs cheap but is really pretty. Though overall, my mind was thinking that it was a reject “Sexy Belle” costume left over from halloween for not being too sexy enough.

7. Hermoine November 4, 2011 at 12:42 #

Honey, how many times have I told you not to play with mommy’s clothes??
    Too matchey, the clutch is weird, and the shoes look like a bridesmaid should wear them. She can do better.

8. Jen November 4, 2011 at 12:57 #

Bad fit, bad color and bad makeup.

9. Jess2 November 4, 2011 at 13:02 #

this look is just terrible. her breasts look like they are sitting at her stomach, the fabric looks a bit cheap, what on earth is that clutch doing and the dress does not go well with the shoes.

• artemis November 5, 2011 at 20:59 #

agreed! Maybe the clutch could work if it was in a baby blue shade, this makes no sence..

10. Joy November 4, 2011 at 13:38 #

This is down right ugly. Horrible horrible horrible.

• Elaine2 November 4, 2011 at 13:43 #

11. AW November 4, 2011 at 13:59 #

She typically looks so well put together but here she looks like a boy in a boy. Not flattering at all and the makeup is terrible

12. Alina November 4, 2011 at 14:02 #

Tragique.

13. Parvati November 4, 2011 at 14:40 #

Personnally, I’m not crazy about Olivia Palermo’s style and this particular look doesn’t excite me at all. Like you said, the dress look ill-fitted in the bust area and the fabric looks really cheap. But I kinda like the blue clutch.

14. argentina November 4, 2011 at 15:01 #

She looks like a sweet sixtenns girl, such a dissappointment

15. maria November 4, 2011 at 15:25 #

rare misstep for her. I wonder how good the fur wrap might have looked with a dark dress….

the only thing i like are the shoes. by themselves….

16. justme November 4, 2011 at 19:53 #

That stole was hiding a true tragedy. She’s flatchested to begin with but that dress just highlights in a very bad way. From the pale makeup to the shoes (which are fine by themselves), nothing works here.
    Even her boyfriend isn’t looking as good as usual…

17. Shauni212 November 4, 2011 at 20:16 #

That dress look like something off of project runway…

18. I’m ok with the clutch which helps to make it look a bit less ‘little girl’ but the shoe I can’t forgive.