Kristen Stewart In Monique Lhuillier – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Following the handprint and footprint ceremony earlier in the day, Kristen Stewart made a guest appearance on ‘The Tonight Show with Jay Leno’ last night.

Her scissor-happy stylist once again took to this Monique Lhuillier Spring 2012 dress to make it shorter.

Whilst it’s a predictable move, I think Kristen would’ve looked too formal in the runway knee-length version.

The chop makes the look more youthful and fitting to her style.

The black and blue strapless dress was of course paired with black peep-toes and she accessorised with a simple gold ring.

Many of you expressed a dislike for her longer locks, but I really like it.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Andie MacDowell In David Meister - L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

Andie MacDowell In David Meister – L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala

42 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Monique Lhuillier – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

1. Hermione Weasley November 4, 2011 at 11:57 #

She really never steps away from her formula, but I like this look. I love the hair and I love that there’s not even a single picture from yesterday where she’s not smiling.

• Emi November 4, 2011 at 12:06 #

I quite agree, every time I see her she’s dressed the same, but the fact that she seems in a good mood makes this one a bit different :-)
      It’s not that I don’t like her hair, but sometimes it seems stringy.

2. Th November 4, 2011 at 12:01 #

I like her look…
    …but comparing to the original, I think the dress loses a lot.. the chop changes the pattern, it’s much less elegant..
    she can wear all the minis she want, but I don´t agree with this trend of modifying the vision of the designer.. am I alone in this? :)

• Alina November 4, 2011 at 13:54 #

No,you’re not.
      I don’t like the choped version, plus I feel like I’ve seen her wearing this dress 100 times before.

• maria November 4, 2011 at 15:28 #

i totally agree. the V coming from the hips to the knees looks weird in the short version.

i still dislike the hair. It does not look styled to me, more like wash and go……

3. Jess2 November 4, 2011 at 12:03 #

She looks great, I really like her longer hair and I agree that the runway length would not have suited the occasion.

4. visun November 4, 2011 at 12:13 #

still gorgeous as always!

5. Vidhya November 4, 2011 at 12:43 #

this is the best length for her.. its becoming formulaic but.. she looks good.. killer legs.. her hair looks a little unkempt.. but i like the length

• But it turned out not to be the best length for a talk show. You could see her Spanx when she sat down. Things that should also be taken into consideration when picking an outfit for an appearance. Same thing at the footprint ceremony. Looking good in minis or not but when you know you are going to kneel down, I fail to see the wisdom in wearing such a short skirt.

• Vidhya November 5, 2011 at 13:37 #

rofl.. i didnt see that.. wat a fail..

6. eimearoconnor November 4, 2011 at 12:52 #

Blaaah shes pretty boring, i actually like her street style more, I like to see her come on in jeans ray bans and a ripped white tshirt!

7. Jen November 4, 2011 at 12:56 #

I think she looks great. Although, the print on the dress is basically a giant arrow pointing right to her crotch, so there’s that – but I like the color, the fit, her hair and her makeup.

8. Vicky November 4, 2011 at 13:13 #

Sure, she sticks to her old formula, short and sassy.
    But so what?! She sticks to a style that looks good on her and she’s comfortable in and given her shyness at public events who can really blame her?

The same can be said about most Hollywood stars…

• Tah November 4, 2011 at 15:29 #

She doesn’t look good in that. Now she really looks like a stripper. Zero Accessoires, very high heels and the shortest skirt ever.

• molly November 4, 2011 at 23:13 #

I totally agree that she looks like a stripper. I really hope that she wears underwear, because all of these short dresses are a malfunction waiting to happen.

9. Anna November 4, 2011 at 13:28 #

ctrl v – ctrl c

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2011 at 13:36 #

Eh? I don’t understand

• karine November 4, 2011 at 14:53 #

think it means copy and paste, like her looks are always the same

• Emmeline November 4, 2011 at 14:56 #

Those are the keyboard for commands for copy and paste. A sentiment I happen to agree with when it comes to Kristen. She always looks the same.

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2011 at 15:07 #

LOL…now I get it…you are funny :D

10. Lulla November 4, 2011 at 13:31 #

I don’t mind her hair being longer, I just wish it didn’t look so messy.

Did anyone see the pics of her underwear or shorts?

• Julie November 4, 2011 at 17:22 #

Yes, you could see her Spanx, underwear, shorts, whatever when she sat down. That’s a sign that your dress is too short.

As Hannah said, shampoo would be her friend.

11. Suz November 4, 2011 at 13:36 #

Don’t think this dress does anything for her. I feel like the top comes down too low and makes her look like she has no figure.

• Naama November 5, 2011 at 13:49 #

Yay Suz! I agree! The dress is so unflattering on her, it makes her look like a walking rectangle, I don’t understand how a girl so beautiful looks so consistently this bad.

12. AW November 4, 2011 at 13:55 #

I don’t get the hype about this girl.

13. rebecca November 4, 2011 at 14:17 #

She’s been so smiley lately– not just in pictures, but she’s actually a lot more giggly and lively in interviews! Yay to this Kristen! Hope she keeps it up, but I do agree on some of the comments here, the hair is not bad but it just has to look more ‘neat’ and ‘clean’ if you may say.

• rebecca November 4, 2011 at 14:27 #

Oh and ps. Have you seen her in her spread for Vogue Italia? So curious to hear your thoughts!

• Fashion Critic November 4, 2011 at 14:32 #

I haven’t seen it yet. I will search for it over the weekend.

14. LizLemooooon November 4, 2011 at 14:26 #

I was gonna talk about her stringy hair and that unecessarily short dress and how she’s stuck in a style rut but then…why bother…her fans will love it no matter what so she’ll keep dressing like this.

15. Parvati November 4, 2011 at 14:45 #

It’s a very nice dress and she looks really good in it, but she really should consider wearing other styles, too – longer dresses or skirts, perhaps! :P It’s good that she knows what works for her, but she ends up being really boring – like Fan Bing Bing with Elie Saab.

16. argentina November 4, 2011 at 15:00 #

We have to admit she looks sexier than ever and this look is the best we have seen her in a long while

17. Hannah November 4, 2011 at 16:34 #

I literally feel like she has worn this a million times, and imo, it’s nto workign anymore. I get that she has good legs, but if she could wear something even a tiny bit different, she always wears these super body con outfits, and I thinkt the benefit of being practically flat cheted as she is is that you can pull looks off that others without curves can’t. Also her shoe choice is so poor.
    Ad don’t forget, Kristen, Shampoo is your friend!

18. Elle November 4, 2011 at 21:22 #

She’s pretty here and was totally glowing and laughing her little butt off in the interview. Again, I’d like to see her in something else, but her body type which is like an inverted triangle, looks great in mini-dresses. Plus she’s petite and many frills and fabric will overwhelm her tiny frame.

In some photos for this interview, her long hair makes her look super feminine and lovely; much more than I have EVER, I repeat EVER seen on her before. However, the color is just too darn black. When Snow White filming is over, I hope she goes back to dark brown or her natural color.

19. Suzette November 4, 2011 at 21:44 #

Did anyone watch Leno, she was so fidgety and ackward during the whole sit down interview. I love the modified version of that dress on her, I just don’t understand why MIss Stewart continues to go for sassy, edgey, come hither looks and then carries on like a scarescrow.

• gurlygurl November 6, 2011 at 01:38 #

LOL…. “and then carries on like a scarecrow”… True, she’s just not sexy even with the supershort skirts I just see a girl with skinny legs … no sex appeal. I am glad she is smiling these days though. Her brooding was very tiresome.

20. CTgirl November 5, 2011 at 12:48 #

A one trick pony with the too short minidresses, unkempt hair, and lack of accessories. All of the advantages and no taste or sense of occasion. Quite sad.

• rebecca o November 5, 2011 at 15:06 #

Exactly. We know what she will wear every single time- a dressed hacked in a half and black pumps. She doesn’t even try.

21. gurlygurl November 6, 2011 at 01:36 #

This is a very typical look for her… it works even though it’s been done to death. I personally love the runway version, sexy in a very classy way but I don’t think she could have pulled that off so I get why they cut the dress for her.

• CTgirl November 6, 2011 at 16:27 #

If a dress can’t be pulled off by the wearer then the wearer should consider another dress. This trend of hacking off a foot of fabric (as opposed to reasonable tailoring) is ridiculous and can destroy the lines of the garment as we see here. Rocker style, if done correctly, shouldn’t be dependent on too short dresses. This girl really needs to rethink her aesthetic. Oh, and she needs to wash that hair.

• gurlygurl November 7, 2011 at 00:39 #

I totally agree with you. I don’t personally consider her style rock anyway. For me she just wears short dresses. Rock is all peronality and attitude and I don’t think she’s quite developed that yet. Having said that at least she’s making an effort these days.

22. Guen November 6, 2011 at 15:37 #

She looks great and the length is perfect to her, but sometimes I’d like to see her with something different. She has a rock style, ok, but it doesn’t mean that she has to wear the same dress style every single time! And it’s the same with Taylor Swift style…