04.11.11

Kerry Washington In Ralph Lauren – L’Oreal Paris Legends Gala

It’s always a pleasure to see Kerry Washington at any event.

On Wednesday night, the ever-fashionable gal attended the L’Oréal Paris Legends Gala in New York City.

The actress wore a bronze full-length bias-cut Ralph Lauren Collection gown.

Looking very statuesque, she teamed the dress with gold jewelry and a textured clutch.

Personally, I wouldn’t have worn the two necklaces because the dress was already so shiny, but it provide an interesting contrast.

I do think the texture and colour of the dress is quite nice, but I just can’t seem to fully love it. While the look isn’t terrible, it’s just not quite amazing either.

She went for old Hollywood-style waves; a smoky eye and a nude lip completed the look.

Credit: Getty

Olivia Palermo In Rochas - Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

Olivia Palermo In Rochas – Princess Grace Foundation Annual Gala

Kristen Stewart In Monique Lhuillier - The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

Kristen Stewart In Monique Lhuillier – The Tonight Show With Jay Leno

15 Responses to Kerry Washington In Ralph Lauren – L’Oreal Paris Legends Gala

1. Lara November 4, 2011 at 11:46 #

No no no… all wrong. Wrong colour, wrong cut, wrong fit… Hair is beautiful but make up makes the complete look seem far too monochromatic. Nothing stands out

2. Gaber November 4, 2011 at 12:06 #

I love the idea behind this look, but the execution is beyond poor.

3. Lulla November 4, 2011 at 12:13 #

I don’t quite like the fit of this.

4. Laura November 4, 2011 at 12:13 #

Ewww cut on the bias. So unflattering I can barely look

5. couturecoco November 4, 2011 at 12:13 #

She is beautiful but the dress does nothing for her. In fact the dress looks quite dated to me, circa 1996? or whenever the bias cut was all the rage.

6. Pati November 4, 2011 at 12:28 #

I absolutely love this look! She’s always perfect! The only think I dislike is her lip colour.

7. CreoleLady November 4, 2011 at 13:41 #

I like it. Not love but definitely like. This color reads “nude” on Kerry. I find it odd that “nude” seems to refer to just one type of light color since complexions come in all shades but I digress. Anyway the lack of contrast (depending on the undertones) sometimes works and sometimes doesn’t. It works ok here. The texture/sheen of the dress and the necklaces for me are providing some needed contrast.

• Nat39 November 4, 2011 at 17:01 #

Ditto. I think it works perfectly for her.
      The bronze looks fantastic on her, I`ll overlook the pale lips as they work with the overall look. Def. the best of her looks this week for me.

8. AW November 4, 2011 at 13:57 #

The dress is blah but she is just so regal and gorgeous.

She’s the perfect person to pull off the Elie Saab dress that was so boring on Fan Bingbing.

9. Alina November 4, 2011 at 13:59 #

I like it. Very much.

10. Parvati November 4, 2011 at 14:42 #

I think the best word to describe this outfit is “weird”. The dress itself is really weird with both its design and its fabric and I doubt if it would look good on anyone. Plus, I don’t like her hairstyle so much.

11. Jess2 November 4, 2011 at 14:50 #

why has she left the lip colour behind, she looked so lovely at the Ralph Lauren event with the coloured lip. now the dress… allllll wrong. personally I don’t think the material works well wth how its cut, argh can’t look at it anymore

12. maria November 4, 2011 at 15:26 #

i love hair and makeup but the dress is not working for me.

13. Katie November 4, 2011 at 15:42 #

I agree FC its nice but that is it