Kerry Washington In Donna Karan – Keep A Child Alive Ball

Kerry Washington was the belle of the ball at last night’s Keep a Child Alive Ball in New York City.

The actress donned a modern fairytale Donna Karan Resort 2011 dress.

Her white tulle dress with asymmetrical white frayed strips was paired with some unsuitable, yet predictable, accessories.

I’m thankful she didn’t opt for the Hollywood standard, but these nude pumps just scream safe, whilst her clutch hollers wrong choice.

Her dress is stunning, so it should’ve been accessorised better.

I love the hair, but for the third time in a row I’m not favouring her lip colour.

This is Kerry’s third look this week.

Which was your favourite?

Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren or this Donna Karan dress?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bridget Moynahan In Lela Rose - 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Bridget Moynahan In Lela Rose – 2014 CFDA Fashion Awards

Amanda Seyfried In Marios Schwab - 'In Time' Paris Photocall

Amanda Seyfried In Marios Schwab – ‘In Time’ Paris Photocall

24 Responses to Kerry Washington In Donna Karan – Keep A Child Alive Ball

1. Hermione Weasley November 4, 2011 at 15:38 #

The Marc Jacobs look is still my favorite.

2. maria November 4, 2011 at 15:39 #

this dress is so beautiful, but she needs different shoes. The accessories ruin the entire look.

For me the Marc Jacobs was the most balanced one.

3. Henrique November 4, 2011 at 15:40 #

This is my favourite.

What an amazing week

4. Alina November 4, 2011 at 15:42 #

I love this one !

5. Emmeline November 4, 2011 at 16:19 #

My vote would definitely be for the Marc Jacobs. The shoes really let this dress down, plus it almost seems a little big for her.

6. Giuseppi Giraffe November 4, 2011 at 16:25 #

This is my fav of her looks so far- love the fullness in that skirt it’s got a great structure. It looks like the neckline isn’t as deep as it is on the runway model, although that could just be her posture. I ca’n’t decide if i think her shoes are bad for this or just right.

7. Nat39 November 4, 2011 at 16:28 #

Lovely dress but I don`t think it suits her that well (or she is working it right), the accessories and the lip color (again! Why???) are a major let down, would`ve preferred her hair pulled up.
    I choose Ralph L. – it wasn`t perfect but the better of 3.

8. Fer November 4, 2011 at 16:34 #

I love watching Kerry in the red carpet, what i love about her is that, she think in EVERYTHING, is like i can just imagine her seeing a drees and thinking, this goes with this lipstick, this hairstyle, this shoes, she is i think one of the few girls that think about the whoole look, instead injust her face or the dress or the shoes separatedly, she has amazing, really amazing syle.

9. AW November 4, 2011 at 16:34 #

Love it, love her.

FC this is a good shoe swap candidate.

Maybe

10. fromchi-town November 4, 2011 at 16:52 #

I like this. I love the dress, its beautiful. But I agree, she needed diff shoes

11. DivaMom November 4, 2011 at 16:56 #

The shoes kill it! Otherwise gorgeous dress on a beautiful woman.

12. Sharon November 4, 2011 at 17:42 #

This one is definitely my favorite. I agree that she could have made a better shoe/clutch choice, but the dress looks wonderful on her.

13. CreoleLady November 4, 2011 at 17:49 #

I have been enjoying Kerry so much recently. She’s always been impeccable but I think she’s gotten a bit more adventurous and I love it. I’m torn between this look and the bronze Lauren.

14. Parvati November 4, 2011 at 18:34 #

This dress is gorgeous! And I don’t mind the accessories – they’re not the best she could have chosen, but they’re not that bad, either. Once more, I’m not a fan of her hair and make-up. However, I definitely think this is her best look among the three.

15. justme November 4, 2011 at 19:45 #

I like the dress and while I wouldn’t have picked those accessories, they don’t clash with the look either so I don’t mind.
    What I’m not a fan of is her hair. I wish it was in a ponytail.

16. Nadine November 4, 2011 at 20:55 #

Gee whiz, all of them need a little something – but she’s trying…I’m gonna go with Marc minus the lip.

17. Elle November 4, 2011 at 21:04 #

How fun how fun! I would have never expected Kerry to choose this dress. She looks lovely and seems like she’s enjoying herself. It did fall flat due to a lack of accessories though.

18. SkirtTheIssue November 4, 2011 at 23:15 #

I love this dress on her! The shoes could have been better, but it’s not a major minus for me- I would have loved to have seen this up for BDOW

19. june November 5, 2011 at 02:45 #

the accessories nearly kill this look ):

20. Jones19 November 5, 2011 at 12:32 #

I just wish she would have gone all the way with this. It’s such a stunning gown but she really lets it down with her styling.

21. gurlygurl November 6, 2011 at 01:23 #

She is divine… this is my fave look out of the three… stunning dress that fits her body like a glove and beautiful tresses. She should have chosen a very delicate ankle strap shoe because that dress is the star of the show … not a fan of the envelope clutch either but everything else is so right I have to forgive her.

22. roxana November 7, 2011 at 06:49 #

the dress reminds me of marchesa.