Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Jessica Chastain or Alexa Chung

Jessica Chastain was the first to don this black lace-sleeved velvet Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 dress with a white collar for the Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty Costume Institute Gala which took place at the Metropolitan Museum Of Art in New York City back in May.

The actress teamed the long-sleeve frock with a pair of simple black slingback Christian Louboutin heels and diamond drop earrings.

She styled her hair in a side swept updo, kohl rimmed eyes and a nude lip completed her look.

On Tuesday night, Alexa Chung wore the same dress to the Emilio Pucci new boutique launch at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York City.

While the dress fits the gal’s personality (and style) more, she teamed the frock with chunky T-strap pumps that made her ensemble look too gothic.

As always, her barely there makeup and casual tresses completed her look.

This time around Jessica’s simple styling wins it for me.

If you can’t make up your mind, click on the image above to see more pictures of these ladies in their Pucci dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

In Rachel Bilson's Closet - T by Alexander Wang Chunky Pullover & Chloé Strap Detailed Leather Ankle Boots

In Rachel Bilson’s Closet – T by Alexander Wang Chunky Pullover & Chloé Strap Detailed Leather Ankle Boots

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

18 Responses to Who Wore Emilio Pucci Better? Jessica Chastain or Alexa Chung

1. GirlOne November 3, 2011 at 10:33 #

Kris Jenner wore this same dress on the Today show yesterday.

• Elaine2 November 3, 2011 at 11:10 #

I saw that interview, too. Kris had black bra straps showing through the lace top and I thought it destroyed the look. These models look better in this interesting dress!

2. Hannah November 3, 2011 at 10:49 #

I really didn’t like this dress anyway, but I picked Alexa, because she seemed to have brushed her hair (whichlooks nice, Alexa, try it more often, pretty please), suits her style better, I prefer her shoes because secretary black pumps with the dress, as chosen by Jessica, make it look too secretary, as I said, and it was never a met gala dress, so i picked Alexa.

• Carolina November 3, 2011 at 11:29 #

I totally agree about the shoes. The best look was on the model, but after that – it’s Alexa for me. Not on board with those black pumps at all.

3. CreoleLady November 3, 2011 at 11:35 #

I do like the dress but agree with everything else. Plus the fit is odd on Jessica around the bust and chest. And Alexa wins points for wearing a fall 2011 dress in the fall instead of May. I love Alexa’s shoes.

• CreoleLady November 3, 2011 at 11:37 #

Oops my comments were a reply to Hannah…

• Hannah November 3, 2011 at 20:18 #

I agree, the fit is really weird on Jessica, it loks particularly small and awkwardly tailored on the bust; and it is so refreshign to see someone wear something during the season it was intended for.

4. Rebecca Z November 3, 2011 at 12:52 #

Also think Jessica looks too pale in black–not a good choice for her. But, that said, it was hard to voe for Alexa–I gotta hand it to her, in this she looks good, and her pose looks confident and comfortable.

5. dee November 3, 2011 at 13:00 #

Neither wore it best.

6. DivaDebbi November 3, 2011 at 13:32 #

Alexa of the two. Best on the model. Prefer the shoe to Alexa’s. Like the length better than Jessica’s.

Didn’t reaiize this was a dress on Kris. I thought it was a top with pants. She looked awful.

7. Moxie November 3, 2011 at 13:57 #

Alexa is the best of these two. She actually styled her hair and made an effort. And the look suites her style.

8. Mol November 3, 2011 at 15:01 #

Alexa wins this for me, better shoes and she actually looks uncharacteristically sexy in this dress….

9. Sara November 3, 2011 at 15:52 #

if i could vote for the model, she’d win for me

10. Nat39 November 3, 2011 at 17:31 #

Dislike the dress itself but it looks so much better on Alexa, however her chunky strap pumps do not work here at all (pretty bad actually). I also prefer Jessica`s simple styling as it suits this kind of dress better.

11. I like it better on Alexa. Her hair and make-up tones it down a little and I don’t think the shoe makes it too gothic. For me, it rather makes it look more relaxed.

12. Jones19 November 3, 2011 at 20:00 #

The model wins. Out of those two I think Alexa’s shoes are better. Jessica overloads the eyeliner.

13. Julie November 3, 2011 at 20:29 #

Alexa sucks the life out of clothes, but at least she’s brushed her hair and doesn’t look like a grandmother here.

14. Nadine November 4, 2011 at 01:02 #

I don’t like the dress, but think it works on an…edgy girl – except without those shoes!