Sarah Jessica Parker In Jonathan Saunders & Antonio Berardi – Crown Oaks Day

Sarah Jessica Parker may have been in Melbourne, Australia for the Oaks Ladies Day 2011 Spring Carnival, but she was flying the flag for British Fashion.

The star wore a Jonathan Saunders Spring 2012 pink ombre sleeveless dress which was the perfect choice for Ladies Day.

Her dress was teamed with an Antonio Berardi Spring 2012 tailored silver coat, a string of pearls and mint green Manolo Blahnik pumps.

After wearing a hat which totally overwhelmed her yesterday, SJP opted for a bejewelled headpiece.

The piece was made by her hairdresser Serge Normat, who also styled her tresses into this elaborate bun.

This is SJP’s forth look this week.

Which one is your favourite?

Vera Wang? Chanel? Prabal Gurung? or this Jonathan Saunders dress?

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

Look We Love: Pretty As a Peach Like Felicity Jones

Look We Love: Pretty As a Peach Like Felicity Jones

45 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Jonathan Saunders & Antonio Berardi – Crown Oaks Day

1. Mary Gatto November 3, 2011 at 10:27 #

I love her, but her makeup artist is not on his/hers best days… she looks tired. I quite hated her hair styled this way. It overwhelms her. It’s too much info, a mess! A simple bun would be far better.

• Martin November 3, 2011 at 10:44 #

Totally agree. That bun is quite simply monstrous – it almost looks as though an alien creature has landed on her head and is trying to get to her brain. If she had a sleeker and more refined bun and ditched the necklace I believe this would have been a far stronger look.

• Rebecca Z November 3, 2011 at 12:48 #

Agree. However, she has taken a rather simple little dress and turned it into a winner by adding the coat. The dress alone would probably look great with the necklace. the coat is totally fabulous

2. Jacqu November 3, 2011 at 10:28 #

To me it looks a bit like a mess, but somehow it’s a mess I love.

• CINDY November 3, 2011 at 13:19 #

3. jx November 3, 2011 at 10:31 #

i like the Vera Wang best. this comes a close second.

4. noo November 3, 2011 at 10:40 #

this look is great, her hair is up but still catchy, her hairpiece is divine :D the dress and coat are great togetehr and the white manolos work with the whole look :D but i still think the vera wang is a better look overall!

5. Hannah November 3, 2011 at 10:45 #

I absolutely detest this look. For some reason SJP has been extremely hit and miss for me lately. I only like the dress here, but that’s all. I hate those shoes, and as someone who i consider one of the few ‘non maniac non tribtwos non sergio rossi peeptoe’ people on the red carpet, why she keeps goig back to them I don’t understand. I hat ehte coat, I DETEST the hair, and the weird thing, he rmakeup is leaving a lto to be desired ad she is still standing like a man, awfully irnoic for ladies day. The runway presentation was so fresh and chic, the hair, the makeup the shoes (swoooooon), on sarah jessica it looks matronly. I would’ve expectd so much more from her.

• Amy November 3, 2011 at 14:17 #

I agree. I thought this whole look was atrocious.

• Nat39 November 3, 2011 at 19:27 #

Haha, she IS standing like a man, while looking frumpy and matronly. On the bottom pic, she can be a politician`s wife.

6. Jen November 3, 2011 at 10:51 #

Between the hair, the headpiece, the jacket and the pearls, there’s too much going on. Plus, her shoes confuse me. She hasn’t looked all that great this time around.

7. TeaAtTwo November 3, 2011 at 10:58 #

She likes those white pumps.

8. Elaine2 November 3, 2011 at 11:05 #

I usually like more edgy looks, but have to say that I ADORE this dress and silk coat ensemble. I even like it with those shoes! The ombre dress is fabulous, so pretty on her. (I’d take that coat for my collection, too. :-)) LOL.

Now the hairstyle………..no…..not so much.

9. robbie November 3, 2011 at 11:07 #

this would have been great without the coat and that silly thing in her hair. i also really wish she would get her hair cut looking back at past episodes of SATC and seeing how cute she looked with the short curly hair makes me miss it.

• Fiona November 4, 2011 at 06:02 #

I was thinking the same thing the other day!! The super long centre part hair isn’t really flattering on her and she looked so cute when it was in a curly bob.

10. Zee November 3, 2011 at 11:10 #

Chanel w/o the hat, vera wang w/o the necklace, saunders w/o the jacket and the the hair(!) and prabal gurung w/o the clutch.

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 11:10 #

LOL…you’re funny

• couturecoco November 3, 2011 at 11:30 #

LOL!

• Martin November 3, 2011 at 12:32 #

Hysterical! You’ve made my day. Love it.

• DivaDebbi November 3, 2011 at 13:16 #

Yes totally. You nailed it completely!
          This looks to me like an American trying to nail appropriate British attire for a country wedding.

• maria November 3, 2011 at 14:51 #

yep, that’s about right.

it’s astonishing that her neck does not bend with the amount of hair on top of her head. The jewelry piece works in theory, but looks just ackward in real life. As if her tiara was drunk and slipped to the side……

• Clover November 4, 2011 at 01:57 #

It is SO MUCH HAIR! I agree, it looks like it should be too much for her head!

11. Carolina November 3, 2011 at 11:24 #

Not a fan – of SJP or this look. It’s wrinkled and messy looking, especially with this hair. I do not know why she would further elongate her face by 1) adding a huge pile of hair and 2) using the jacket to strengthen the verticality of the overall look.

12. couturecoco November 3, 2011 at 11:29 #

I am not a fan of hers and it should not work but I love it! The Vera Wang dress and this are my favs.

13. Louisa November 3, 2011 at 11:30 #

Thank you FC! :)

For the record, the shoes were a light mint green (I was there!)

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 11:36 #

Thanks a lot, I saw sure they weren’t white.

Lucky you :D

14. Laura Brice November 3, 2011 at 11:56 #

SJP confirmed this evening that the ‘headpiece’ was actually a ‘hat’

15. manja November 3, 2011 at 12:05 #

like everything but the hair

16. f4fashion November 3, 2011 at 12:27 #

I pick the Chanel look for sure.

17. dee November 3, 2011 at 13:02 #

Once again her hair is awful. Ruins everything.

18. Moxie November 3, 2011 at 13:55 #

Prabal Gurung, followed by Vera Wang.

19. Kiran November 3, 2011 at 14:33 #

Me no likey

• maria November 3, 2011 at 14:52 #

funnnyyyy.

the head piece looks like she got drunk and her tiara slipped down her head. Maybe interesting in theory, but not good in real life.

i liked the vera wang the most. Easy breezy beautiful.

20. LizLemooooon November 3, 2011 at 14:43 #

This is horrible and that ‘jauntily’ placed headpiece makes her look C R A Z Y. It’s all just a mess. It’s like they are trying to recreate the fun and creativeness that she used to have on the red carpet but instead end up parodying it. I think she needs a break from the red carpet.

21. Mol November 3, 2011 at 14:55 #

This seems perfect for the event, but the hair is horrific. I liked the Vera Wang the best.

22. Solarah November 3, 2011 at 15:28 #

she’s aging!! and this look is ugly! I don’t see the use of the silver jacket and that thing on her head… opting for a crown to go with the crowns on the back wall?!

• Mary Gatto November 3, 2011 at 17:38 #

I don’t get it, Solarah. “She’s aging”? Aren’t we all? I find myself really appreciating women that “age” without plastic surgery, botox and so on. It’s far more elegant to have wrinkles than a flawless skin, that’s fake. It doesn’t look good, with a very few exceptions. Take Cate Blanchett vs Nicole Kidman, for instance. I’d choose Cate any day, you know what I mean?

23. Christina November 3, 2011 at 17:16 #

I will just say that not everything SJP touches (or in her case, wears) turns into gold, and that this is a miss for me.

24. Jones19 November 3, 2011 at 19:58 #

I like the dress but not the coat. That bun is ridiculous. The Prabal Gurung is my fave this week.

25. Solarah November 3, 2011 at 20:19 #

I’m not sure about her not going under the knife.. ! anyway what I meant is that her makeup been very disappointing recently… she wears colorful and fresh dresses with a face that suggests nothing but exhaustion and aging! she can age and still look fresh and radiant especially for such a dress, no?!

• Mary Gatto November 3, 2011 at 20:45 #

About the makeup, I agree. She looks tired, with bags under her eyes…

26. lulu November 3, 2011 at 23:55 #

she looks shocking her make-up and hair are atrocious she should have made much more of an effprt

27. gurlygurl November 4, 2011 at 01:51 #

This does not work for me. In general I find SJP hit and miss. It’s one thing to have the nerve to wear anything and be confident it’s another thing to make it work. Even her confidence doesn’t always get her outfits over the line for me. I like these peices indivually but I expected much more… it looks somewhat thrown together and thoughtless. The races in Melbourne is a time when fashionistas really put alot of thought and time into their outfits and this was a let down.

28. Emi November 4, 2011 at 08:58 #

It’s messy look, but for some reason I kinda like it, even if I don’t understand why she was wearing the coat.
    Honestly my favorite look is Prabal’s, because that dress is incredible, I love it, but she chose the wrong accessories… I also think that she’s not choosing great outfits, lately.

29. Emma November 12, 2011 at 04:09 #

Her ‘extremely large and hideous bun’ is in fact a hat! She did an interview on Australian TV and mentioned it. I also really dislike the silver coat with the dress!