03.11.11 Press Preview

Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

This week I attended the Giorgio Armani press preview in London which showcased the Spring 2012 collection.

I was very excited to see one of the embellished dresses worn by the finale goddesses. This dress most definitely needs a red carpet moment.

I’m usually scared to touch things on display in fear of breaking something, but I was really curious to get my hands into the moon-crescent bodice to find answers to my questions. Would it be restrictive on the wearer? Does it have an inbuilt bra?

From my manhandling of the dresses, my findings, as I believe, are that its no more restrictive than any other corset and it doesn’t have a built in bra.

This luxurious blue and beige tote with silver hardware is the ‘it’ bag from the collection.

The rest of the accessories included strappy patent leather sandals, suede totes, chainmail tassel accented drawstring bags, croc totes and a stunning collection of silver jewelry with mother-of-pearl beige and marine blue stones.

[nggallery id=1024]

Credit: All images belong to Red Carpet Fashion Awards

Anna Faris In Paule Ka - 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' LA Premiere

Anna Faris In Paule Ka – ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy’ LA Premiere

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Giorgio Armani - Armani Hotel Milano Opening

Maggie Gyllenhaal In Giorgio Armani – Armani Hotel Milano Opening

12 Responses to Giorgio Armani Spring 2012 Press Preview

1. Jess2 November 3, 2011 at 09:46 #

what a fabulous collection, I am a big accessories person and love everything I see here!! thanks FC

• Fashion Critic November 3, 2011 at 10:30 #

it was very much my pleasure

2. Fashion Lover November 3, 2011 at 10:13 #

That silver dress…! It almost makes you gasp in awe of its dazzling exquisiteness, doesn’t it?! “From my manhandling of the dresses…”, very prettily put! :-) I wouldn’t be able to resist either, if I were you… I see Marion Cotilliard doing divine justice to it.

3. Ju Aquino November 3, 2011 at 10:52 #

I LOVE the bag. I really would want to get married in the silver dress. Perfect. I was seriously drooling when i saw it on the runway pics.

4. Hannah November 3, 2011 at 10:53 #

Oh wow, I always find Armani a little mundane in runway photos, but ont he red carpet and in motion it is exquisite. I seriously hoep for that dress to have a red carpet moment, and a good one, any celebrities of choice for it? I am praying for Queen Cate, Zoe Saldana or Diane Kruger, because they never kill a dress, or January Jones if she can keep herself from the black pumps long enough.

5. From Russia With Love November 3, 2011 at 11:26 #

The white dress is so heavily embellished. I wonder what the price is. The other day I saw one of the finale dresses from Fall 2011 collection and it costed about 20k$. This looks more expensive.

• DivaDebbi November 3, 2011 at 13:22 #

They are definitely in that range which is why we see them on the RC. Mere mortals are not making those purchases, (and naturally, neither are the stars who are photographed in them).

That bag is lusty!

• Ju Aquino November 3, 2011 at 15:43 #

I better start a wedding dress fund if i want to get married in that dress lol

6. dee November 3, 2011 at 13:01 #

Gorgeous collection.

7. Emma November 3, 2011 at 14:39 #

It’s crazy how much better the dresses look on a real person. They were so stunning on the runway, and they look misshapen and lifeless here. Cannot wait to see them on the red carpet!

8. Luis November 4, 2011 at 17:21 #