03.11.11

Ashley Greene attended the Avon Foundation For Women Global Voices For Change Gala in New York City last night.

My first reaction to her in this custom Donna Karan dress was, ‘This is more like it’.

Finally a spark, a genuine smile, some personality and some va va voom.

The electric-blue one-shoulder satin dress with a gathered detail at the hip also and also has a thigh-high split. It’s an amazing silhouette which shows off her figure to perfection.

Her hair was styled into loose pin curls to give an old Hollywood flavour, and she added a soft pink lip colour.

Kwiat vintage jewels and black accessories including Casadei pumps completed the look.

I would complain about the slightly uninspiring accessories, but she made such a huge effort in every other department that it would just be nit-picking on a much improved look.

Credit: Getty

In Beyonce Knowles's Closet - Alexander McQueen Leopard and Skull Print Silk Chiffon Scarf

In Beyonce Knowles’s Closet – Alexander McQueen Leopard and Skull Print Silk Chiffon Scarf

Shop Winter Kate At Up To 65% Off From theOutnet.com

Shop Winter Kate At Up To 65% Off From theOutnet.com

20 Responses to Ashley Greene In Donna Karan – Avon Foundation For Women Global Voices For Change Gala

1. Kaz November 3, 2011 at 11:39 #

I quite enjoy this old Hollywood vibe from Ashley. She looks like a star from the 50s. Hopefully she continues down this path!

2. Jen November 3, 2011 at 11:41 #

I love the color of this dress, but otherwise it reminds me of a bridesmaid’s dress. The look just seems flat and boring to me – she adds no life to it at all. And the shoes of course are bad.

3. The Dame November 3, 2011 at 11:47 #

I love this, but I think it would be better if the dress was longer, more a gown, from the hips up, its old Hollywood with the hair and draping, but then the shortness of the dress takes out the glamour of the rest :/

4. Zee November 3, 2011 at 11:56 #

I didn’t like this look at all. too much makeup and the length of the dress are killing the look for me. .

5. Sasha November 3, 2011 at 12:04 #

She looks so much like Anna Kendrick here

And finally, a nice look from her

6. Jess2 November 3, 2011 at 12:06 #

I thought exactly the same thing FC, THAT is more like it, this is best look she has had in a while, it’s all perfect to me. don’t mind about the accessories because she is shining as it is but a bracelet or necklace wouldn’t have hurt

7. noo November 3, 2011 at 12:11 #

this is amazing :D to me its the best she’s ever looked, she’s having a fashion moment like the ones anna kendrick used to have a couple of years ago :D

8. Rose November 3, 2011 at 12:14 #

Ashley is one of my favourite actresses and I like her style. But I read the comments on her BD European Promo Tour and I agree with some of them on her dress choice. These looks – except the L’Wren Scott dress – were very boring. She could do so much better!
    And finally she did. Ashley looks so beautiful in that dress and I love her hair. Ok the shoes are boring again but I guess this were too much to ask.
    Aaaand she is finally wearing a Donna Karan dress as she is the face of the brand!

9. robbie November 3, 2011 at 12:23 #

the shoes dont actually bother me for once, the old hollywood look suits her. my only problem is her hair, it looks very wig like.

10. Emalie November 3, 2011 at 12:56 #

For me she just looks ok. There’s something about this look that doesn’t sit right with me but I can’t put my finger on what that is.

11. D November 3, 2011 at 12:57 #

stunny but perhaps can improveon the shoes

12. DivaDebbi November 3, 2011 at 13:06 #

+2, but the shoes are killing me.

13. dee November 3, 2011 at 13:07 #

I think the dress should have been shortened to about her knee.

14. Julie November 3, 2011 at 15:59 #

This dress is perfection & the color is amazing on her. I would have paired it with some silver heels and clutch, but the old Hollywood vibe def works for her.

15. Vidhya November 3, 2011 at 16:16 #

wowza.. but the shoes r just so bad..

16. Nat39 November 3, 2011 at 17:00 #

Finally a dress that actually suits her body, slightly awkward length and boring pumps but very lovely overall esp. with the pertty hair and makeup.

17. Jones19 November 3, 2011 at 19:55 #

Somehow I like it but I feel it misses the mark a little.

18. Hannah November 3, 2011 at 20:46 #

I don’t like it again. I think the hair is too gelled, which makes it look greasy at the roots, and lacks the beautiful softness of Veronica Lake waves. The shoes are sad, actually upsetting, so quintesential twilight star, and she is so gorgoeus and doesn’t need anywhere near this much makeup. There is also just something that is overall matronly about this look, but I appreciate the effort.

19. Jackie November 3, 2011 at 22:42 #

I usually like this dress length but Ashley doesn’t have the height or legs to pull this off so she looks heaver than she is. Basically, this is unflattering. With that said, she’s not even working this look!

20. Rebecca Raskind November 3, 2011 at 23:04 #